User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, my AUH works great. I have a 2020 2500HD High Country short bed & I have the coupler in front of king pin, hitching ball on the AUH is at the highest setting & I have about 6" clearance , can almost do 90. I am using the standard MORryde pin box, however I did have to purchase an adapter plate for the pin box, because MORryde and Andersen said I needed it so not to void any warranties

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJOB View Post
    Thanks for all the responses; some great info and guidance. i have had two calls with the service/tech folks at Andersen and have proceeded to install the hitch. Turns out that they were just 'covering their butts' with the warnings about not suitable for 2020 Chevy/GMC. The hitch is now installed, with the pin box coupler facing 'back'. This gives adequate clearance for the pin box in the bed. Can't quite pull a 90 degree turn, but plenty of angle and clearance from what i can tell.
    One outstanding issue and that is where and what rubber mat to put under the hitch to protect the truck bed. I have seen some replies where people are purchasing from Tractor Supply (or buying Andersen's Anti Slip kit), but can't get either in Canada at the moment. Suggestions?
    Oh yeah, one other issue - no place to go at the moment...
    Thanks again for all the help. This forum has been a huge assist as i try to learn my way.
    Cheers, Peter
    Hi Peter,

Newbie here ... I’m glad to hear you’ve had success with the AUH 3220. I’m in a similar scenario. We have a 2020 chevy 2500HD and just purchased a 2021 reflection 150 series 268BH. I purchased the AUH 3220 last week and just spoke to someone at Andersen who said the 3220 will not have enough clearance (tailgate and side rail) and that I should have purchased the AUH 3217.

A few questions, if you don’t mind:
    1. What is your bed side rail height? (I’m at 21”)
    2. What is your bed length? (I’m at 6’ 10”)
    3. What’s the length of your pin box?
    4. Do you have any pictures?

Need to get this figured out because our new trailer is waiting for us to pick up 🙂

Thanks for the help!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcardella View Post
    Hi Peter,

Newbie here ... I’m glad to hear you’ve had success with the AUH 3220. I’m in a similar scenario. We have a 2020 chevy 2500HD and just purchased a 2021 reflection 150 series 268BH. I purchased the AUH 3220 last week and just spoke to someone at Andersen who said the 3220 will not have enough clearance (tailgate and side rail) and that I should have purchased the AUH 3217.

A few questions, if you don’t mind:
    1. What is your bed side rail height? (I’m at 21”)
    2. What is your bed length? (I’m at 6’ 10”)
    3. What’s the length of your pin box?
    4. Do you have any pictures?

Need to get this figured out because our new trailer is waiting for us to pick up 🙂

Thanks for the help!

According to Andersen Customer Service, the AUH3217 is not out yet and they don't know when it will. It will be taller though.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barleyridge View Post
    According to Andersen Customer Service, the AUH3217 is not out yet and they don't know when it will. It will be taller though.
    When I spoke to the Andersen rep he said they had three 3217's in stock (Ships from Montana) however once those go he thinks it would be until next year when they would get stock ... he also mentioned the 3217 has a max height of 24"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i did not buy the trailer camera. All the standard cameras on the truck already are pretty amazing and give you great views so i am proceeding slowly. Like with a lot of things there is so much out there you can buy it gets crazy. i figure start slow and buy based on real experience and need. easier on the pocket book that way as well.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I installed the AUH 3220 and was successful in brining home our new Reflection. The hitch performed great and I’ve got plenty of tailgate and bed rail clearance. I can even turn 90 degrees. Here’s my scenario in case it helps anyone:
    - 2020 Chevy 2500HD, Standard bed (6’10”)
    - 2021 Reflection 150 Series 268BH, turning point pin box (in the locked position, right you are aubuilder!)
    - Pin box coupler facing backwards
    - Ball on lowest height

I think if I got the AUH 3217 I wouldn’t have felt comfortable raising the trailer to the height required to connect.

The info in this forum has been an invaluable resource and thanks to everyone who takes the time to share their knowledge.

David

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jksmith1990 View Post
    Welcome, my AUH works great. I have a 2020 2500HD High Country short bed & I have the coupler in front of king pin, hitching ball on the AUH is at the highest setting & I have about 6" clearance , can almost do 90. I am using the standard MORryde pin box, however I did have to purchase an adapter plate for the pin box, because MORryde and Andersen said I needed it so not to void any warranties

Hey JK you wouldn't happen to have any pics on that adapter plate?
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456