User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IAM a little confused still, so bear with me please. Questions, the Magnum 3000 then
    1- has pass thru 50 amps on L1 & L2 while connected to shore power?
    2-while inverting (no shore power or generator) it has load balancing on L1&L2?
    3- has load balancing between L1&L2 on reduced shore power(L1 15amps L2 0 amps)?

Answering these questions will help left brain �� understand better. Thanks!!!
    Becky, BoBo and Mike
    2015 Solitude 369RL
    2020 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtclod View Post
    IAM a little confused still, so bear with me please. Questions, the Magnum 3000 then
    1- has pass thru 50 amps on L1 & L2 while connected to shore power?
    2-while inverting (no shore power or generator) it has load balancing on L1&L2?
    3- has load balancing between L1&L2 on reduced shore power(L1 15amps L2 0 amps)?

Answering these questions will help left brain �� understand better. Thanks!!!
    Check your PM inbox.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got done installing a 2000 watt Magnum Industries inverter. This thing really is the "Cadillac" of inverters. Also made in the USA. Along with the remote monitor / control panel, it is a very nice system. See my post under subject MODS and DIY if interested in looking at wiring diagrams, install etc. DaveMAtthewsBand has really solid advice also. The model I bought, MS2012 CB-20 was $1,313.00 Spendy, but should be bullet proof for years.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be able to properly invert for both legs of a 50amp RV you will be looking at a dual-inverter setup (a separate 120v inverter for each leg) or a more complicated setup with a 240v inverter and an autotransformer to convert the 240v output into 2x 120v outputs for each leg to use. Either setup is not for the faint of heart - you should have a good grasp on AC power.

I am building out a nice Victron setup in my Solitude. Initially I will only have a single inverter powering half of my trailer when off-grid. I did rewire my panel as needed to get the desired loads on that side. Down the road I want to add a 2nd inverter to handle the other side. Victron excels at these more complex deployments due to the extensive communication and datasharing that takes place between the multiple units. This will also make things more complex though and lead to additional design considerations (like worrying about the phase of the voltage coming into each of the 2 legs). Attached is a diagram of what my planned end-state design would look like with the 2 AC legs each handled by an inverter. I have additional hardware like an autotransformer to load balance across the 2 inverters as well as a 24v DC system for my batteries and inverters, so I have some extra stuff to convert to 12v as needed for the other trailer DC systems.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RV Inverter Design - Small MPPTs END STATE 2880w Autotransformer - favor off-grid.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	25859
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very happy with our Victron 3000 watt inverter with a "smart ATS" purchased through AM Solar. It is a slick way of wiring to a 50 amp unit and have pass through. It has performed flawlessly and amazed at how fast it switches from shore power to inverter.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the Victron 3000 watt inverter have full pass thru AC power(ie. 50 amps on both legs while on shore power?)
    Thanks!!
    Becky, BoBo and Mike
    2015 Solitude 369RL
    2020 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Victron can passthrough 50amps on a single 120v leg. It is suitable for a single leg from the RV 50 amp. 2 units can be configured in split-phase parallel to handle both legs and synchronize the phase accordingly. If you want to use a single inverter, you will need to do some work with relays or other switches to power both sides of your breaker panel with the single inverter. Note that if you do this, both sides of your panel will be the same phase 120v power - shouldn't matter in a typical RV use case but just saying.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12