2020 Solitude 382 wb
    2020 F-350 SRW
    Pueblo West Colorado

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    You may have a different pump/screen, but here is a picture of the pump and screen (in the orange circle) on my 2018 Solitude. Check all around the filter and pump for ANY water on the outside. It should be completely dry.

Attachment 25699

A couple of notes;
    - All air must be out of ALL the plumbing for the pump to function correctly. If there is any air in any part of the plumbing, it acts like a spring and will mess up the pump operation (turn on and off). that is why we keep saying to bleed (run water until it is only water, no air) out of every fixture. Many take a few tries to get all the air out.
    - Tuning the inlet cone around is a common trick if you have problems getting the pump to draw (suck) anti-freeze into the system when winterizing it. Reversing the cone washer depresses the check valve (opening it) and makes it easier for the water pump to prime. Just curious if you or the dealer winterize it last fall? As soon as I am done winterizing the trailer, I would put the cone washer back the "correct" way (cone out) so I do not forget it next spring (and I grantee you, I would forget!).

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    The screen attached to the pump being upside down is the cause. I flipped it and now the system works great.
    That is crazy something so simple throws it off.

Thank you for your help...
    Jeff & Rachel
    2020 Solitude 382 wb
    2020 F-350 SRW
    Pueblo West Colorado

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jquillen View Post
    The screen attached to the pump being upside down is the cause. I flipped it and now the system works great.

Glad you got it fixed!

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is crazy something so simple throws it off. Thank you for your help...
    Glad you got it working, but now I'm confused.

On both of our Grand Design trailers with that same yellow Lippert pump the trap/screen has been hanging below the water line, not up on top of it as it is in @CoChris picture. Are you reporting that you just flipped it up on top and that solved your problem?
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Something new. I would not have guessed the orientation of that filter would make a difference. Thanks for posting back the fix. You might drop GD a line and let them know.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Something new. I would not have guessed the orientation of that filter would make a difference. Thanks for posting back the fix. You might drop GD a line and let them know.
    @Jquillen , thank you for letting us know the results. That is always helpful and how we as a group learn.

I wounder (certainly do not know) if loosening the fitting, rotating the filter and retightening the fillings caused the filter to "seal"? This, rather than the orientation fixed the problem. Just a thought.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    @Jquillen , thank you for letting us know the results. That is always helpful and how we as a group learn.

I wounder (certainly do not know) if loosening the fitting, rotating the filter and retightening the fillings caused the filter to "seal"? This, rather than the orientation fixed the problem. Just a thought.

Chris
    This may be. Because I put plumbers dope on the fitting too...
    Jeff & Rachel
    2020 Solitude 382 wb
    2020 F-350 SRW
    Pueblo West Colorado

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Glad you got it working, but now I'm confused.

On both of our Grand Design trailers with that same yellow Lippert pump the trap/screen has been hanging below the water line, not up on top of it as it is in @CoChris picture. Are you reporting that you just flipped it up on top and that solved your problem?
    Yes flipping it like shown in Chris's picture fixed the problem.
    It could also be caused by the thread sealer tape I put on. But both fittings were tight before repositioning
    Jeff & Rachel
    2020 Solitude 382 wb
    2020 F-350 SRW
    Pueblo West Colorado

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You simply have air in the lines. Turn to City Water and run water until ALL faucets run w no bubbles. While all faucets are running go and turn each Nautilus valve to a 45 degree angle as this a place air gets trapped while running all the faucets. Your pump will run fine after this. I’d let the city water run 10 minutes or so or until your sure there is no air in the lines.
    Mitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12