User Tag List

Thread: Help

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help

Getting serious about a 2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK and wondering if anyone owns one that would like to comment about their likes, dislikes, cons, pros and anything else about them. How is the company to work with regarding repairs or concerns? This will be our forever last see the USA unit and have compared to Heartland, Keystone, Forest River and Jayco and feel like Grand Design's floor plan, construction, weight and durability is what we are looking for. Pro's and con's about towing, insulation, construction and durability welcome!

I'm also purchasing a new (to us) 2019 Dodge Ram Laramie 2500 6.7 diesel 4x4 short bed, I'm pretty sure it will pull the 310GK just fine! Then off to see what there is to see in the USA, if they let us travel? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, comments, suggestions or what Evers!!
    Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Getting serious about a 2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK and wondering if anyone owns one that would like to comment about their likes, dislikes, cons, pros and anything else about them. How is the company to work with regarding repairs or concerns? This will be our forever last see the USA unit and have compared to Heartland, Keystone, Forest River and Jayco and feel like Grand Design's floor plan, construction, weight and durability is what we are looking for. Pro's and con's about towing, insulation, construction and durability welcome!

I'm also purchasing a new (to us) 2019 Dodge Ram Laramie 2500 6.7 diesel 4x4 short bed, I'm pretty sure it will pull the 310GK just fine! Then off to see what there is to see in the USA, if they let us travel? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, comments, suggestions or what Evers!!
    Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
    I don't own a 310GK but you will have problems with the payload of the RAM 2500 with the 6.7 diesel. I doubt you will have enough payload for the pin weight, hitch, passengers and things in the truck. I have a 2019 RAM Big Horn and it has 3838 lbs of payload which would work but the 2500 will not. You will need a 3500 SRW minimum to tow that trailer.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duplicate , cross posted in general this post is closed
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/