User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For the folks that think this is the flu...

Ya'll need to wake up. Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" but I keep seeing and hearing people joking about how this isn't as bad as the flu and how the death rate is "so low" they're not even worried about it. The sad part is most of the guys I see talking like this are the 20 to 40 year olds but what they don't seem to comprehend is their chances of survival are pretty low because they're all overweight! If your BMI is 40 or higher, your odds of living through this are extremely low. It's not just old people.
    If you're overweight, on high blood pressure meds and or even if you have asthma, your odds of survival are considerably low. This isn't the flu. You basically drown in your own fluids or your body shuts down.
    It's going to be a whole lot worse than people think. Forget a mask, the smart thing is to just stay away from other people.
    The worst part is there are NO waiting rooms anymore. You don't get to visit your loved one that does get sick. This is what happens when hospitals quarantine people with Covid. No one gets to see them again unless they fully recover. Everyone that dies from this, dies alone. Ya'll need to watch Dr. Duc Vuong's videos. This guy doesn't hold back.

https://youtu.be/4J0d59dd-qM

Have a nice day.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Ya'll need to wake up. Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" but I keep seeing and hearing people joking about how this isn't as bad as the flu and how the death rate is "so low" they're not even worried about it. The sad part is most of the guys I see talking like this are the 20 to 40 year olds but what they don't seem to comprehend is their chances of survival are pretty low because they're all overweight! If your BMI is 40 or higher, your odds of living through this are extremely low. It's not just old people.
    If you're overweight, on high blood pressure meds and or even if you have asthma, your odds of survival are considerably low. This isn't the flu. You basically drown in your own fluids or your body shuts down.
    It's going to be a whole lot worse than people think. Forget a mask, the smart thing is to just stay away from other people.
    The worst part is there are NO waiting rooms anymore. You don't get to visit your loved one that does get sick. This is what happens when hospitals quarantine people with Covid. No one gets to see them again unless they fully recover. Everyone that dies from this, dies alone. Ya'll need to watch Dr. Duc Vuong's videos. This guy doesn't hold back.

Have a nice day.
    Very good post!!! Like you said still seems a lot of people still think that this is the flu but then I guess there was a lot of misinformation coming out of high level people and still is to some extent. I stay home expect for one day of the week to get food and then I go at off hours like early in the morning or supper time when there are less people and really try to keep my distance.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The flu comparison was an early means of positivity. Now in the thick of it, it's not! Also, the layperson overlooked prior facts such as the advanced age density in China and Italy and how multiple generations live under one roof. Now with it slamming the UK and the US, the early beliefs are being replaced by exposure to more balanced populations. If you're still running with the association with flu, I would suggest that you start looking at the new statistical comparisons out now that every continent except Antarctica has cases. I'm a numbers guy, and they are brow-lifting!

I've got a lot of grey hair but am very active and good health BUT I have also had asthma my entire life and I am not as trim as I was at 25! I desire to have DECADES more walking this Earth; loving my wife, family, and dear friends; and contributing to mankind and honoring the ethical cannon I pledged as a licensed Professional Engineer. So, even if you, individually, do not feel COVID19 is that serious or that big of a deal, that is ok, but please be a good, conscientious and considerate human being and think of those around you and beyond!

Y-O-L-O: and I want to have the longest, fullest, richest one I can, and this is serious business! I am concerned every day as the number of cases even in my part of PA climb and Nikki is essential and works in the ER!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post

Y-O-L-O: and I want to have the longest, fullest, richest one I can, and this is serious business! I am concerned every day as the number of cases even in my part of PA climb and Nikki is essential and works in the ER!
    I understand the YOLO. My perspective truth is You Only Die Once, but you live everyday. If the "it will never happen to me" crowd would understand this, perhaps we can all get through this with our health. One thing is for certain. It is a new normal and life will never go back to " what it once was". Similar to life on September 10th 2001 and where we are now
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a nice day.
    Thank you for your true facts! Now we hope everyone will listen.
    My worries are with the fulltime RVers with no home base and do not have a friend or family who can put them up on their property.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be safe out there. I am working and I fix coin washers and dryers in apt and college laundry rooms. Some are filthy.

Gloves are worn and no touching anything but work. Constantly sanitizing my hands, phone etc.

KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Be safe out there. I am working and I fix coin washers and dryers in apt and college laundry rooms. Some are filthy.

Gloves are worn and no touching anything but work. Constantly sanitizing my hands, phone etc.

KEN
    Stay safe Ken!

We spend pretty much every day hiking the trails around here in the wide open with no one around.
    On the rare occasion we do see other hikers, like today, we move about 20 feet off trail and let them pass.
    We are taking quite a few steps to make sure we stay as "clean" as possible. We are not going into town for anything other than groceries and only once a week. We order everything online and use curbside pickup so they bring everything out to our truck.
    We don't sign for it (they allow that now considering all this) and normally the person bringing out the groceries loads them into your car or helps you load them. We make them stand back while we do the loading. When we get home we take only the few refrigerated items out of the truck, wipe them all down with Lysol disinfectant wipes that we keep in the truck and inside the door of our Reflection, then we bring only those items inside, without the bags.
    Those items air dry for a few minutes then they're refrigerated. We are using hand sanitizer during multiple steps of the process.
    Our shoes stay on the mat by the front door. We use the Lysol wipes on the truck doors and steering wheel and door of the Reflection.
    About 90% of the groceries remain in the bags outside in the truck until the next day since the virus (we think) only lives on those surfaces about 12 to 15 hours. We leave things like canned goods, dry goods, bread, etc. out in the truck for a day "or two" then get them out.
    Luckily for us the temps here are not getting below 40 at night and not above 75 during the day so nothing freezes or spoils in the truck.
    We're not in daily contact with anyone here even though we walk several laps around the campground a couple times a day, we'll say hi to people but we don't linger and never let anyone get close up to us. We also order some things on Amazon and when they are delivered to our door (a nice feature of this RV resort) we place the packages, you guessed it, into the backseat of the truck, where they'll spend a day or two, waiting for the tiny virus sons of bltches to die a horrible, hopefully slow and painful death.
    Haha
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stay safe Ken!

We spend pretty much every day hiking the trails around here in the wide open with no one around.
    On the rare occasion we do see other hikers, like today, we move about 20 feet off trail and let them pass.
    We are taking quite a few steps to make sure we stay as "clean" as possible. We are not going into town for anything other than groceries and only once a week. We order everything online and use curbside pickup so they bring everything out to our truck.
    We don't sign for it (they allow that now considering all this) and normally the person bringing out the groceries loads them into your car or helps you load them. We make them stand back while we do the loading. When we get home we take only the few refrigerated items out of the truck, wipe them all down with Lysol disinfectant wipes that we keep in the truck and inside the door of our Reflection, then we bring only those items inside, without the bags.
    Those items air dry for a few minutes then they're refrigerated. We are using hand sanitizer during multiple steps of the process.
    Our shoes stay on the mat by the front door. We use the Lysol wipes on the truck doors and steering wheel and door of the Reflection.
    About 90% of the groceries remain in the bags outside in the truck until the next day since the virus (we think) only lives on those surfaces about 12 to 15 hours. We leave things like canned goods, dry goods, bread, etc. out in the truck for a day "or two" then get them out.
    Luckily for us the temps here are not getting below 40 at night and not above 75 during the day so nothing freezes or spoils in the truck.
    We're not in daily contact with anyone here even though we walk several laps around the campground a couple times a day, we'll say hi to people but we don't linger and never let anyone get close up to us. We also order some things on Amazon and when they are delivered to our door (a nice feature of this RV resort) we place the packages, you guessed it, into the backseat of the truck, where they'll spend a day or two, waiting for the tiny virus sons of bltches to die a horrible, hopefully slow and painful death.
    Haha
    This may, or may not be taking things to extreme but it is better safe than sorry.
    I want to add my suggestion to stay away from big box home improvement stores. Three weeks ago I needed a few sheets of plywood, since the stay at home order had been recently implemented the store was pretty much deserted. Self check out was the only option and clearly marked. Last week I went back to fulfill another project. Maybe it was the time of day as it was lunch period but the store was rather busy. Many of those in the store were not following good practice to avoid Covid, grouped up with no masks or intention of prevention or protection. Not to sound racist or make judgement but the persons in the store were not the types that would have access to or even care about mainstream news or information outlets, if there were any at all. That scared me.
    Yesterday I was pressed to find a few items to continue a project. I went to the competitor's web site as that store is closer. I ordered online and went to the outside pick up area to wait for drop off. That was all well and fine. What disturbed me were the number of people still wandering into the store singly, together even in groups with no PPE or thoughts or protection or prevention. I have what I need to finish my projects in progress but going forward I believe I'm going to heavily weigh my priorities.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 04-07-2020 at 05:37 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We placed on on-line order at Walmart, yesterday. I assumed that it would be delivered out to my car, but found that they are only doing that for groceries. For other things, you have to go into the store and get your items out of a locker. I reviewed what I had ordered, and decided that there was nothing that I needed to have immediately. I cancelled the order and will keep the items on my list for later. At some point, I may place a much larger order, then pick up everything up at the same time and only make one venture into the store. Time will tell...
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    We placed on on-line order at Walmart, yesterday. I assumed that it would be delivered out to my car, but found that they are only doing that for groceries. For other things, you have to go into the store and get your items out of a locker. I reviewed what I had ordered, and decided that there was nothing that I needed to have immediately. I cancelled the order and will keep the items on my list for later. At some point, I may place a much larger order, then pick up everything up at the same time and only make one venture into the store. Time will tell...
    Here everyone seems to now be trying up to use Walmart grocery curbside delivery. If you try to select a pickup time you must do it at midnight. By 9 am all delivery time fir the next 2 days are full.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast