Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whyork1944 View Post
    Very neat installation. Did you cut a large hole behind the soundbar in the cabinet or did you drill a round hole to run the power cord and speaker audio to the SB? Does the soundbar heat up when the fireplace is on? What bracket's did you use to hang the SB. I plan on doing this on my new 2021 382WB (if it ever comes from the factory).
    If you're talking about my installation in our 2020 Solitude 310GK-R, no on the large hole - just a small one over in the corner of the space where it can't be seen. It's connected to the TV via digital optical cable so any source we watch (streaming, satellite, OTA, DVD player) the audio comes through the sound bar and sub. The sound bar and its compartment do not heat up when the fireplace is on. The heat from the fireplace is projected forward by the fan. The sound bar is held to the floor of the "secret compartment" by rigid-locking Velcro strips - the kind with stiff plastic "hairs" with little balls on the end. It's not going anywhere during travel. Finally, we use a Logitech Harmony universal remote that controls the TV, sound bar, and all peripherals.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f100owner View Post
    Not an audiophile and could care less about having a high quality a/v experience in my camper. There is a box (about $11) you can find online that will convert digital optical audio to RCA. Suspect it would be worth a try. The two Jensen head units i have had experienced one issue...audio out of sync when playing a dvd. Still works great when piping my amazon music through it over bluetooth. I use an xbox for dvd/bluray output.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Yes, I did the same thing. Optical to RCA converter, since it's USB powered I plugged it into the USB port on the replacement tv.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If you're talking about my installation in our 2020 Solitude 310GK-R, no on the large hole - just a small one over in the corner of the space where it can't be seen. It's connected to the TV via digital optical cable so any source we watch (streaming, satellite, OTA, DVD player) the audio comes through the sound bar and sub. The sound bar and its compartment do not heat up when the fireplace is on. The heat from the fireplace is projected forward by the fan. The sound bar is held to the floor of the "secret compartment" by rigid-locking Velcro strips - the kind with stiff plastic "hairs" with little balls on the end. It's not going anywhere during travel. Finally, we use a Logitech Harmony universal remote that controls the TV, sound bar, and all peripherals.

Rob
    Did you put new trim around the outside to replace where you took the secret door off?
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    Did you put new trim around the outside to replace where you took the secret door off?
    If you look closely at the photo, you'll see what's there. The two end pieces are part of the cabinet, anyway. The top "mantle" part was originally part of the door which I disassembled. I used an extra (hidden) piece of wood and construction adhesive to fasten that to the cabinet at the top creating a mantle-like look. I then used a piece of patterned flat molding above the "mantle" piece and along the bottom edge to finish things off. Minwax Jacobean 2750 is a perfect match for the cabinetry in the 2020 310GK.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12