Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV sound thru Jensen

We removed the TCL TV and installed a 50" Samsung UHD smart TV. I want to push TV sound thru the Jensen head to use the speakers in the ceiling. The Jensen has the old fashion RCA L/R audio inputs but the Samsung RV only has optical audio output and one unused HDMI port. The Jensen has Bluetooth capability but apparently my TV only has WiFi capability.

Is there any way to do what I want to do or should I just get a sound bar?
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO, the Jensen unit and associated speakers are junk, anyway. I never used them in our Reflection and the unit has never been turned on in our Solitude. I have a Polk Audio sound bar with wireless sub (sound bar installed above the fireplace). All playback sources are connected to the TV via HDMI and the audio from the TV to the sound bar is via optical digital cable. The setup is not my transmission line speakers and audiophile amps I had in the house, but it's good enough to please this former musician and audio engineer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200315_102847 (Small).jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	25705

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Rob. Plus, even if the ceiling speakers were half way decent, it's not natural to have your primary sound (center channel) coming from the ceiling. That would sound really weird. I'd get a sound bar and mount it where Rob did. I actually did this in my 310GK yesterday.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    + 1 for Polk Audio. I have some old Polk Audio "bookshelf speakers" in my game room in the house. They are large compared to today's bookshelf speakers. Those old Polk Audio speakers along with a sub woofer and modern blue tooth amplifier rock my game room out. Way more than the wife can tolerate, but I love them.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an audiophile and could care less about having a high quality a/v experience in my camper. There is a box (about $11) you can find online that will convert digital optical audio to RCA. Suspect it would be worth a try. The two Jensen head units i have had experienced one issue...audio out of sync when playing a dvd. Still works great when piping my amazon music through it over bluetooth. I use an xbox for dvd/bluray output.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you listened to your TV's speakers to see if it's acceptable. I replaced my TV as well and was intending ...hint coming.... to add a sound bar. I found out the TV speakers are fine by themselves, no need for an add on system.
    It's about $23 and will convert you TV sound via optical out to RCA. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Listen to Rob and forgo the Jensen speakers and head unit. A sound bar would be a better solution if you do choose to add on a sound system.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very neat installation. Did you cut a large hole behind the soundbar in the cabinet or did you drill a round hole to run the power cord and speaker audio to the SB? Does the soundbar heat up when the fireplace is on? What bracket's did you use to hang the SB. I plan on doing this on my new 2021 382WB (if it ever comes from the factory).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    We removed the TCL TV and installed a 50" Samsung UHD smart TV. I want to push TV sound thru the Jensen head to use the speakers in the ceiling. The Jensen has the old fashion RCA L/R audio inputs but the Samsung RV only has optical audio output and one unused HDMI port. The Jensen has Bluetooth capability but apparently my TV only has WiFi capability.

Is there any way to do what I want to do or should I just get a sound bar?
    Your TV has to have an HDMI port that is setup for sending sound to the Jensen. If you look on the TCL you will see one of the HDMI ports is marked. If your Samsung does not have this HDMI it won't work.
    When I first got my Reflection 303rls the sound wouldn't come through the ceiling speakers. After checking I found they used the wrong HDMI port on the TV.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whyork1944 View Post
    Very neat installation. Did you cut a large hole behind the soundbar in the cabinet or did you drill a round hole to run the power cord and speaker audio to the SB? Does the soundbar heat up when the fireplace is on? What bracket's did you use to hang the SB. I plan on doing this on my new 2021 382WB (if it ever comes from the factory).
    If you use "Reply With Quote" (as I have done here), folks will know who you are addressing and that person will get a notification.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If you use "Reply With Quote" (as I have done here), folks will know who you are addressing and that person will get a notification.

Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast