Likes Likes:  0

Thread: toilet angle

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

toilet angle

In our 2020 Reflection 295RL, the toilet is at a 45 degree angle in the bathroom. It is really close to the shower glass.

I was thinking about putting it at a 25 or 30 degree angle to maximize knee space and better angle to get the to the flush mechanism.

Has anyone tried this?
    Is the connection to the sewer pipes glued on, or is it like a house stool with a wax ring?
    I don't want to start breaking any seals until I know what I am dealing with on this key plumbing device!
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post
    In our 2020 Reflection 295RL, the toilet is at a 45 degree angle in the bathroom. It is really close to the shower glass.

I was thinking about putting it at a 25 or 30 degree angle to maximize knee space and better angle to get the to the flush mechanism.

Has anyone tried this?
    Is the connection to the sewer pipes glued on, or is it like a house stool with a wax ring?
    I don't want to start breaking any seals until I know what I am dealing with on this key plumbing device!
    This should not be hard to do. It is mounted just like a house toilet with wax seal. I tried to rotate mine as it is mounted on 45 degrees as well but the right side of the seat hits the wall. I ended up putting it back the way it was because could not get it to not hit the wall.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The toilet's floor flange is glued on and the slots for the closet bolts are slotted to allow some rotational adjustment. I don't think there is enough to do what you want but it's worth a try. The floor flange is similar in design but the seal is a foam or soft rubber gasket, not a wax ring like a domestic toilet. So before you move the toilet, inspect the gasket. If it is crushed or distorted such that you cannot reuse it have another ready.
    If there is access below you could cut the existing riser pipe and add a coupling to get the floor flange where you want it. Know that the coupling will raise the floor flange a bit making your toilet unstable. The flange should be 1/4 to 3/8" above finish floor so the toilet sets stable.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    update: the slots on the bolted down flange are at max angle already. The flange is indeed glued to the pipe below, no moving this.

It is sad that GD did not mount this correctly. It is about 20degrees from the intended 45degrees toward the shower. Pretty crowded at the knees. Looks like I'm stuck (in more ways than one!)
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post
    update: the slots on the bolted down flange are at max angle already. The flange is indeed glued to the pipe below, no moving this.

It is sad that GD did not mount this correctly. It is about 20degrees from the intended 45degrees toward the shower. Pretty crowded at the knees. Looks like I'm stuck (in more ways than one!)
    It is worth a try to contact customer service and let them know the problem you have. Ask if you could get a plumber to reset your toilet if there is access below and a place to cut and rerun the sanitary pipe. That is a problem you don't want to be constantly reminded of.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.