User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Thousand Trails Cancels all April reservations (covid 19)

Because our reservation ended today and not tomorrow we were forced out of the Lake Conroe Park. After today, April the 5th, no reservations at any Encore/Thousand Trails will be honored. That is until May 1st. And that may change. Everyone in the park (after today) can stay. According to management, there was no room for us. We did try, but to no avail.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you full timers at the end of your stay? Wa this a Thousand Trail reservation? We're in an Encore/Thousands trail park in FL. Saw 2 new
    Rigs coming in yesterday, could have been travelers headed back north though
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we are full timers. We had reservations to come back after our required week out. Yesterday was the last day they were honoring any reservations in April.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thousand Trails Cancels all April reservations (covid 19)

Campgrounds are closing because some folks don’t seem to understand what shelter in place means; people need to stop all non-essential travel, for the greater good.

If you’re currently at a campground I’ve heard a lot of parks are allowing people to extend their stays. But you can’t blame them for wanting to protect their employees and shut down the campground.

If I was a park ranger I would want to do the same thing. I don’t want to talk to 50 people a day (from who knows where) checking in and out, plus all the other customer-facing duties they’re responsible for.

But certain people are selfish and think they should be allowed to vacation as normal, because they had reservations, and ignore all these warnings.

Companies need to protect their workers at private campgrounds and the government is doing the same by shutting down state and national parks, which I agree with.

This is obviously an inconvenience but people need to tough it out and stop whining.
    We had three weeks reserved at a thousand trails, instead we are staying at an RV resort that is costing us $600 a month. Big deal, in the scheme of things.

I am not directing my frustration towards this op in particular but I am seeing a lot of threads recently where people are whining about how their life has been inconvenienced by this worldwide plague.

God forbid someone’s vacation is ruined.
    Like the morons who went to Mardi Gras this year because they had hotel reservations or because they have a “right to party”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 04-07-2020 at 05:22 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with shutting down campgrounds is for the full-timers including those whose travel for essential work ie. travel nurses and other medical staff. As for recreational RV'ers on vacation, considering all the desired recreational and entertainment venues etc. have been shut down it takes the desire to travel via their RV and as such most have cancelled their own reservations. After all, why would you want to take your RV to a park and have to isolation and stay in place, might as well do that at home. But for full-timers whose RV is their home it becomes a problem and puts them in a position of having to do what shuttering in place is trying to avoid by having to travel to find a suitable place. To the OP, we had a Thousand Trails reservation cancelled, were notified on Saturday. The problem for us was how late they came to this decision, in fact originally we had a one week reservation and then a week ago we called to add an additional week without issue. Then arranged to have a package delivered to the area. So now as my wife's travel nursing assignment is coming to an end we will likely have to drive around to find a suitable boondocking site to hunker down until her next assignment is made known.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My complaint was more of how they did it. If they would have just come out and said, "Okay nobody move as of today" I would say "You got it". It was the fact that I had to leave so others could come in that I objected to.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our "member park" ( Sound Pacific ) gave notice to all campers in the park; that they needed to pay the monthly fee or leave. This monthly plan was from the state of Oregon. There's no reason the 1000 Trails could not do the same thing. All the reservations can be done on the phone or online. All public inside facilities can be closed.
    KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmike49 View Post
    My complaint was more of how they did it. If they would have just come out and said, "Okay nobody move as of today" I would say "You got it". It was the fact that I had to leave so others could come in that I objected to.
    I don't get how badly they (the park you are in) handled that, as said earlier we are in an Encore/Thousand Trail park and there is an offer from corporate to extend your stay during all this stay in place mandates for a very good discount off the monthly rate.
    For May and possibly into June if stay in place is still happening. We extended for an extra month and will be in place through May, would much rather be on the road though .
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our case we had a 1-week reservation, then added an additional week just couple day's prior to being notified our reservation was cancelled. Under the circumstances it seems TT/Encore could have contacted us in advance and offered us the option to extend our stay an additional 2-weeks for a total of a month.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW