User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks should never judge the tire brand that came on their trucks. Most all are an OEM spec tire. The OEM tells the tire maker what they want and how much they want to SPEND and they build them a tire. Just for reference the AT2’s you mention come in 2-3 different tread depths per size based on if they are an aftermarket tire or OEM spec.

I almost bought some AT2’s from Costco in the fall, two tread depths, same size and load range. 16/32 or 13.5/32.

My coworker has 70k miles on the GM spec version of those tires and some of those miles he tows a 14k boat. I also randomly road in a Uber last year, GMC 3/4 CC with the Duramax and he also was about to replace his AT2’s, his second set, 147k on the truck. Who Ubers a duramax?? Lol.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 2 sets of Firestone AT wearing out in the low 20s, I decided to try Cooper AT. Won’t do it again. Even though there’s no problem with highway towing, the treads are so large that they fill up with gravel (found in most campgrounds) and fling it everywhere when I start driving. Also, I recently got stuck in the mud with my 4x4 and Reflection 303, and those big treads just filled up and compacted. Needed a tow out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just replaced the tires on my 2017 Ram 3500 sew 2 weeks ago. When I bought the truck the dealer had replaced the stock tires with Nitto mud terrain 295/60/20 tires. They had the 3640 lb rating and looked nice. They worked fine for towing my 351m however they were loud and only lasted 35k miles. I searched for a suitable replacement for several weeks. I wanted the new Toyo AT3 but they are so new they are difficult to find. I used Nitto terra grapplers on my last 3500 and they were great, quiet and the tread lasted longer than the carcass, I replaced them because of sidewall cracking after 6 years. I put Toyo Open Country RT’s on my current truck 2 weeks ago, so far I like them. Not as loud as the MT’s and have worked well in rain and mud. I have not towed the toyhauler with them yet but don’t anticipate any issues they have the same 3640lb rating as the MT’s I replaced them with. I did go down a size to 285/65/20 from 295/60/20. They are 33.5” tall instead of 34” like the 295 they are also 1/2” narrower. I had 9 1/2 inch clearance between the bed and the trailer with the 295 tire but the trailer is slightly nose high by a couple of inches so the smaller diameter tire can only improve that. The price difference between the 285 and 295 was $64 a tire. I got the 285’s for $312 per tire. I have been told Toyo and Nitto are the same company and I have had great luck with both on my 3500’s towing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 5er on the way so I can't speak to experience on performance but I did just install Nitto Ridge Grapplers in a 325/55R22 while waiting for it to arrive. I've heard great things about the ridge grapplers, they are spendy but for me they were also my only option in this size with the correct load range/ratings for my 3500 SRW.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not due for tires, but have been researching for when the day comes. A lot of people seem pretty high on the Falken Wildpeaks. AT3W. They also have the snowflake rating which saves me 5% on my insurance in Ontario.
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the BFG At's on my truck. They had a higher rating than my stock Goodyear's so I felt comfortable putting them on. They work well.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, i absolutely love the BFG AT KO2's. They are great in snow, mud, and quiet - way quieter than the legacy version. No sway or slop at all. I got 60k+ on them with lots of tread left. Ran E loads on the 5th, and D loads now on my tow-behind. I like them much better that the Michelin AT2's and Cooper Discovery AT's I had in the past. Good luck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post
    Folks should never judge the tire brand that came on their trucks. Most all are an OEM spec tire. The OEM tells the tire maker what they want and how much they want to SPEND and they build them a tire. Just for reference the AT2’s you mention come in 2-3 different tread depths per size based on if they are an aftermarket tire or OEM spec.

I almost bought some AT2’s from Costco in the fall, two tread depths, same size and load range. 16/32 or 13.5/32.

My coworker has 70k miles on the GM spec version of those tires and some of those miles he tows a 14k boat. I also randomly road in a Uber last year, GMC 3/4 CC with the Duramax and he also was about to replace his AT2’s, his second set, 147k on the truck. Who Ubers a duramax?? Lol.
    Never knew there was that difference. But just today I replaced my Michelin’s LT at2 on my 2016 F350. They were the original OEM tires I had 76000 miles on them and probably could have gone another 3-5K if I weren’t towing an RV. I figured this was the right time

I replaced them with the same tire. Hard to argue with that kind of success. There are better off-road tires I imagine, but IMO, no better towing highway tire
    Bob & Donna - Maryland
    2017 303 RLS
    2023 Ford F350 CCLB 6.7 Diesel w/B & W Companion 3300 hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think AT2’s are generally a very good tire. I care a bit more about mpg and snowplowed roads, and in those areas I think the Defender is a little better.

Here’s a link to OEM spec tires.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tiretec...jsp?techid=23&

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123