User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 mk2670 recliner will not recline

Pull as I may, the factory Thomas Payne recliner will not release. When not in the recline position it is very difficult to see the release mechanism. if i knew what I was looking for it would be a lot easier. Does anyone have any ideas how to release and fix. thank you

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it a double recliner with an arm rest in the middle? If it's like our recliners in our 2018 2970RL, there will be a "pull ring" tucked between the bottom seat cushion and the outer arm rest, , on the right hand chair anyway. Once you pull that it should almost recline by itself when you're sitting in it. The pull ring should be towards the front of the chair.

Now, once you've got it reclined, getting it to lock back in place when you get out of the chair is another feat. Some folks ( myself and my wife included) will get the seat upright, get the foot rest down, then get up from the chair, keep one foot in place, then use the heal of your other foot to give the foot rest that little added nudge it needs to get locked back in place.

Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    Is it a double recliner with an arm rest in the middle? If it's like our recliners in our 2018 2970RL, there will be a "pull ring" tucked between the bottom seat cushion and the outer arm rest, , on the right hand chair anyway. Once you pull that it should almost recline by itself when you're sitting in it. The pull ring should be towards the front of the chair.

Now, once you've got it reclined, getting it to lock back in place when you get out of the chair is another feat. Some folks ( myself and my wife included) will get the seat upright, get the foot rest down, then get up from the chair, keep one foot in place, then use the heal of your other foot to give the foot rest that little added nudge it needs to get locked back in place.

Hope that helps.
    Yes it is a double recliner, one side works fine, the other side will not release to let it recline. it worked for a while but has since stopped releasing.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure but maybe this will help. This shows the release mechanism before and after pulling the ring. It is located on the same side as the pull ring about half Way to the back of the chair. It is located towards the inside of the chair. Not sure how hard it will be to get to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 40EE1C42-4C9C-49DB-8BE6-E160832C1F2B.jpg   E0496384-90F9-4B84-ADE3-AE6D59802048.jpg  
    Last edited by Justa5th; 04-08-2020 at 11:38 AM.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried reclining the chair while not sitting in it? Will it recline then? If not, try pushing against the foot rest while pulling the ring, see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the pictures and ideas... i"ll be able to look at it in a couple of days and will report back... thanks, roy