User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Correct Track Trailer Alignment System

So my new 337RLS has stickers saying it has this. The salesman and the guy who did our walk through had no idea what it is. I have never heard of it but did Google it and read Lippert's description. I guess I say, so what? Has anyone gone to an authorized Correct track alignment center and had their trailer adjusted after getting it all loaded up? If so, what does it cost?

Thanks
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had ours checked at the rally last year...charged 2 hours labor at the rally special rate of $50/hr. The measurements were within tolerance so no adjustment was required.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More info from a previous post...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    I too was worried about the left side bias on our 337 which was 715# on the factory weigh sheet. I think this may be typical of this type of floor plan with the large kitchen slide on that side and seems to be a very popular style. I was told that the Correct Track system is installed on the camper for this reason.

I spoke with Lippert Components last year and they put me onto Sonny Dismuke who was part of the design team for the system. He told me that axle/wheel alignment is the main issue when a side to side weight bias is present and the purpose behind the Correct Track system. The system allows for adjustment in 1/4" increments to keep the axles/wheels aligned with the king pin. Here's a link to more information on it... http://lci1.com/correct-track-ii

I'm guessing what the loaded weight bias is now as I haven't got a that weighed but it's probably around 900# or more. I had the Correct Track alignment checked while at the Owners' Rally in Elkhart last Sept and all measurements were within the allowed 1/8" tolerance. I would suspect over time that may change as the heavier side springs start to lose the arch. We've got 5000 towing miles on the camper now and it tows great.

Dave

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave. I had already read the article you referenced in your earlier post. I hope we can get a feel for how many GD owners have had theirs checked. I guess if the oportuntiy arises I would love to have it checked but I have no clue how many certified service centers there are that would know what it was. As I said, the salesmen and walk through guy had no clue.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I probably won't have mine checked unless I start to see abnormal tire wear. So far, those Westlake tires are wearing great.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dave,

In your discussion with the guy from Lippert, did you get a sense of how Correct Track compensates for different spring compression (different weight) from one side to the other ?

On my 303, all four hex shaped adjusters are set the same. But, the wheels on the left side are always further apart than on the right side. I know this because I have the step-on chocks that wedge between the tires and the left one has to be adjusted to a longer setting than the right one. So . . . if the wheels are further apart on one side than on the other side, the axles are not parallel. I can't see how everything can be running true.

I have not yet seen any abnormal tire wear, but this seems like a curious situation. It would seem to me that the left side springs should be stronger, to bring ride height up to match the right side and wheel spacing would become the same on both sides.

Thoughts ?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cate&Rob,

I am betting you backed into your site from the drivers side, which would force the driver side wheels closer together, and the pass side farther apart. Just have a look once while someone turns around while you stand looking at the tires and wheels and you will see what I mean.

Lost

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Lost,

A good point that backing in pushes the tires and axles around, but this is an observation across many pull through sites. The left side tires are always further apart than the right side. I often have to back/pull the left side up onto blocks to level the trailer (a common Reflection problem) and this pushes the left side tires even further apart.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Dave,

In your discussion with the guy from Lippert, did you get a sense of how Correct Track compensates for different spring compression (different weight) from one side to the other ?

On my 303, all four hex shaped adjusters are set the same. But, the wheels on the left side are always further apart than on the right side. I know this because I have the step-on chocks that wedge between the tires and the left one has to be adjusted to a longer setting than the right one. So . . . if the wheels are further apart on one side than on the other side, the axles are not parallel. I can't see how everything can be running true.

I have not yet seen any abnormal tire wear, but this seems like a curious situation. It would seem to me that the left side springs should be stronger, to bring ride height up to match the right side and wheel spacing would become the same on both sides.

Thoughts ?

Rob
    The Correct Track System allows adjustment so the king pin to front axle and the distance between axles are the same. My understanding after my discussion is that the extra spring compression from the heavier side would change one or both of those measurements on that side and the opposite side would have to be adjusted to maintain alignment.

Dave