Thread: Homemade masks

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
    You are eluding to...the surgeon is wrong.... you are kidding yourself, your wearing the wrong mask..........I wear the n99 mask that I bought when all this started and use when I feel the need to cross the house threshold........you are endangering others with your actions with your excuses for doing what you perceive as necessary.......do what you want sport, but how do you think this all got out of hand, the people with the me me me attitude, that`s how.
    Would you please enlighten us all to what credentials you have that makes you 100% right about the lack of effectiveness of using hepa materials for mask liners?

If you would like to donate a N 99 mask that cannot be found to even protect medical personel , I would be happy to pass it on to Gary who is compromised (and wearing a N95) while I keep doing the best I can to protect others from me while I am out of the house. If you feel that I am endangering others than be happy you don't live near me.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the back and forth is fun to read .... nothing is 100% .... so much more goes into being safe than wearing a mask - any mask .... wear your mask and be safe ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go for the throat

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Would you please enlighten us all to what credentials you have that makes you 100% right about the lack of effectiveness of using hepa materials for mask liners?

John Hopkins and the Mayo Clinic it`s there for you to read

If you would like to donate a N 99 mask that cannot be found to even protect medical personel , I would be happy to pass it on to Gary who is compromised (and wearing a N95) while I keep doing the best I can to protect others from me while I am out of the house. If you feel that I am endangering others than be happy you don't live near me.
    No....... mine were bought long before they became scarce as I have it for shop play,.......they wouldn`t except used ones now would they

yes I agree
    Last edited by bshgto; 04-26-2020 at 06:23 PM. Reason: nope

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never miss an opportunity I say....
    Wearing a mask is absolutely to protect others. Without a mask you are putting your exhaled air up to 6' or more away from you. I do believe that's the reason the experts gave that distance for social distancing. How far way do you think that air moves with a mask on? I'm not a scientist, nor did I play one on TV or anywhere else. Put your hand in front of your face with your arm fully extended, palm facing you. Exhale normally through your mouth. I don't know about you but I can feel the breeze on my palm in a still room, and that's about 28". Now put a mask on and do the same thing. Feel anything? I don't. That's why they want us to wear a mask - any mask. I don't like it at all, but I wear one where and when required. To all who say we're only fooling ourselves, or being fooled by others (like the experts) when using a mask - phooey. I am not endangering anyone by going out in public, and if those around me are wearing a mask, they are not endangering me. The ones who are? They are the one's in Walmart with their mask off talking on their cell phones, or with it pulled down off their nose, or pulled away from their chin. Wearing a mask has to help keep my germs closer to me and away from others - as is the intent. It was never intended to be 100% effective. If you believe it doesn't help, kindly explain why.
    Last edited by SGT ROC; 04-27-2020 at 11:40 AM.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might have to modify our homemade face masks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1589407487038.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	26478

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here I am modeling my mask. No need to worry about 6' either, they just clear the isle like Moses parting the Red Sea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0dbe5545-ead6-4c55-9429-d061de68ce4euser-11582.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	26479
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Lynette's mask better. Anything that allows for Alcohol has got to be better... It is a disinfectant after all.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Here I am modeling my mask. No need to worry about 6' either, they just clear the isle like Moses parting the Red Sea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0dbe5545-ead6-4c55-9429-d061de68ce4euser-11582.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	26479
    Lol. Great Idea. DH has had one of those since before I met him. He'd love the excuse to wear it!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburgerts View Post
    I might have to modify our homemade face masks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1589407487038.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	26478

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Lynette - this is great ! Carol and her "vino friends" are going to love this !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345