Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    UPDATE:

After considering everything and DISH happen to send me a letter offering just about whatever I wanted and would throw in a $300 MasterCard gift card, I made the switch to DISH.

1. DISH is saving me $70 dollars a month for the next two years at least.

2. The Hopper 3 is a better and faster running receiver that the DirecTV Genie set up is. The Genie is not bad by no means, but DirecTV has made no upgrades to their equipment in a long time and it starting to show.
    I had DirecTV for over 20 years and after yearly increases and Dish's $300 gift card (plus wanted Dish for the RV) I switched.

Before doing so I called DirecTV and asked them if I had any remaining commitments and was told no. After the switch they sent me a bill for $280, called them and told them what happened and they should pull up the recording of my call. Now some collection company is calling me everyday so I sent DirecTV a letter. There is NO WAY I'm giving them a cent and could care less about my credit score, they can kma.

The only downside is (imo) the Hopper software kind of sucks. DirecTV's software was much easier to use and much more intuitive. I can live with it for the cheaper monthly cost.

I believe you're right about ATT getting rid of DirecTV, don't know why they bought it. They will be converting their customers to fiber optic which will carry TV service, internet and telephone service with ease.
    Last edited by Brewhedd; 05-09-2020 at 01:57 PM.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ I had to send back all of their equipment, but was not charged for anything else. Not a penny. I guess I got lucky.

Yes, the Hopper programming is different, but as I grow accustomed to it I do not have any issues with it. Just different. I do believe it is faster than the Genie in responding to commands.

I’ll bet a beer that once the contract with the NFL ends, AT&T will be dumping DirecTV as fast as they can. The irony of it all is that DISH will probably be the one takes them over.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You! We are getting ready to make a change in logistics and this helps me know how to set our new account up with Dish. What app are you using to find the satellite to point the dish at?
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
    Thank You! We are getting ready to make a change in logistics and this helps me know how to set our new account up with Dish. What app are you using to find the satellite to point the dish at?
    I use the RF Mogul Eagle (primary) and the Winegard Playmaker (backup), no finding satellites is needed. Both seek and acquire satellites automatically. However, if you need to determine if you have trees and others objects in your way, then there are many apps available.

I currently use the Winegard app because of its simplicity. You can select which satellite provider you are using and it will only show you that provider’s satellites. The app will also show what OTA TV signals are in your area and the direction they are from you. Again, there are many more apps available that offer more detail information. Some are free and some are not and I have used/tried several. The Winegard is free and very basic.

Good luck.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone

We are now full time rv'er.
    Should we change our zip code when we go to a different area?

Is there an advantage beside seeing local news?

How do you change the zip code?

KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Hello everyone

We are now full time rv'er.
    Should we change our zip code when we go to a different area?

Is there an advantage beside seeing local news?

How do you change the zip code?

KEN
    You use the "myDish" app to change the zip code. Actually, now it uses your smartphone location and enters the info on it's own and provides local channels for your location. You just have to use the app.

The advantage of local channels is the local news and weather forecast in order to determine your safety in case of sever weather events or other natural events (and maybe some unnatural ones too??). At least, for us that is a prime benefit. Secondary benefit for us is that we can see the major networks shows we might be interested in.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    You use the "myDish" app to change the zip code. Actually, now it uses your smartphone location and enters the info on it's own and provides local channels for your location. You just have to use the app.

The advantage of local channels is the local news and weather forecast in order to determine your safety in case of sever weather events or other natural events (and maybe some unnatural ones too??). At least, for us that is a prime benefit. Secondary benefit for us is that we can see the major networks shows we might be interested in.
    I've used mydish app for quite a while.
    What setting do I charge Larry?

Thanks KEN

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    I've used mydish app for quite a while.
    What setting do I charge Larry?

Thanks KEN
    argh..... it's been months....

Check out this website....

My service is suspended so I can't try it out now.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234