Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane regulator

Only had my reflection 2017 337 rls 2 weeks .. I filled up both propane tanks ,thinking they were not filled when I bought it.now they show red. So I re read older threads on troubleshooting , so I shut off both tanks ,unhooked hose to each, the regulator now shows green with every valves off and unhooked.. then hook up lines to each, slowly turn on valves on tanks, and now shows red, but stoves works fine... anyone hear of this situation.?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure specifically what you have going on based upon the symptoms, however, many of us with 2017 models have replaced the regulator. I had one replaced under warranty in the summer of 2018 then replaced that one with a better quality unit in 2019. It is possible you have a leak elsewhere but the regulator is a common culprit. You can purchase some leak check spray and check all the fittings and the regulator to know for certain you are taking care of the issue. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced our 2016 303 rls regulator on one side 2 years ago. We could smell propane when walking past the propane bottle compartment on the curb side. Replaced it and smell went away. It was also emptying the bottle if left on prior to the replacement.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.. I don’t smell any propane,and tanks seem to be staying full. I’ll try to spray around to detect any leaks

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if it could be as simple as a failed assembly of the regulator gauge. Someone may have been having a rough day. I would replace it just to be sure.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know there is a slide valve selector at the low pressure regulator probably at the driver side tank compartment. If that isn't selected for the appropriate tank, or at mid position the indicator will show red. I went through this too last year when I ran one bottle down and turned on the other not knowing about the switch.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevandDeb View Post
    Only had my reflection 2017 337 rls 2 weeks .. I filled up both propane tanks ,thinking they were not filled when I bought it.now they show red. So I re read older threads on troubleshooting , so I shut off both tanks ,unhooked hose to each, the regulator now shows green with every valves off and unhooked.. then hook up lines to each, slowly turn on valves on tanks, and now shows red, but stoves works fine... anyone hear of this situation.?
    That sounds like the regulator was assembled incorrectly. The small disk has four quadrants with two being red and two green. If misplaced during assembly it would show green with no pressure in the system and red when pressurized.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the 2017 recall regulator replacement and have smelled propane ever since, you all have confirmed my suspicions and will replace the regulator. Spent too much time disassembling and redoing joints and didn't solve problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my next step in getting the trailer ready for camping season (October-April in Texas). I found a valve that would switch automatically to replace the one that I had to switch manually. I am going to start with that and then if needed replace the regulators. I am hoping that overhauling the gas system will help my refrigerator keep working on gas. It seems to go out when on the road, and I am hoping it is because it is not getting fuel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications