User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2021 28BH differences

We have a 2021 28BH on order, and like many others, it is sitting somewhere in the line, stalled, for now. (Looks like May 4 is the current start up date).

We were looking at the 2020s, but wanted the 2nd AC and theater seating instead of dinette, so that changed it from the one on the lot to ordering one. We then learned that it was a 2021 model, but what does that mean? This information is hard to find, so here is what we have learned so far:

Good Year Endurance E rated tires
    Grand Design Compass (Lippert One-control rebranded)
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d love to know too. We’ve got one sitting at GD waiting to ship, but other than those 2 things, I haven’t heard of any differences.
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We recently traded in our open range travel trailer for the 28BH. We custom ordered and opted for the theatre seating instead of the dinette. We were lucky and surprised to have ordered late enough for the 2021 model and before the plant shutdown. We picked it up at the end of March.

Bear with me as we are new to the GD brand and hopefully I don’t exclude anything:
    Two items listed above by original poster
    Smart TV in living area
    Jensen dvd/radio control unit instead of furrion control unit (place on ARC setting to listen to TV on ceiling speakers)
    23” x 47.5” folding wood table (not sure if we got this because we ordered without dinette)

The table is pretty heavy and we are going to bring a folding plastic table to use inside if needed. It will easily store underneath or behind the small two seat sofa.

For anyone interested, I am 6’ 3” and and I can lay across the theatre seat easily and with comfort. The theatre seat has three reclining seats with the two outer seats having the heater/massage controls.

The weight sheet showed my final GVWR at around 11,500 pounds. After we transferred things over from our travel trailer I used my HaulGauge app and it showed my kingpin weight around 1,600 pounds (full propane tanks, gear loaded in pass through and front storage compartments, kitchen items loaded, no personal items in master bedroom). I have not yet confirmed at catscale but it was spot on with my travel trailer tongue weight.

Maybe too much info, hope it helps, and let me know if any further questions.

Bill
    U.S. Army Retired
    Enjoying Second Career and Camping
    2018 F-350 Lariat SRW Supercrew Diesel 4x4
    2021 Reflection 28BH with theatre seating and second A/C

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dobber197 View Post
    We recently traded in our open range travel trailer for the 28BH. We custom ordered and opted for the theatre seating instead of the dinette. We were lucky and surprised to have ordered late enough for the 2021 model and before the plant shutdown. We picked it up at the end of March.
    <...>
    Maybe too much info, hope it helps, and let me know if any further questions.

Bill
    Nope, not too much info. Thanks for the note. We are still waiting on ours, and our newest date puts it deep into May now

The Jensen is interesting. We had one of those in our 2019 Imagine, I had thought the Furrion was the newer "upgrade", but maybe it is just a what ever is in stock at the time, type of thing.

The DW would like a picture of the upper kitchen cabinets. We have seen picture where some show the dark glass type inserts and some show full wood.

The one other thing I had read about somewhere was a possible new roof material with a long warranty. Did you get any info from the dealer if that was the case?

Thanks!
    Jim

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    Nope, not too much info. Thanks for the note. We are still waiting on ours, and our newest date puts it deep into May now

The Jensen is interesting. We had one of those in our 2019 Imagine, I had thought the Furrion was the newer "upgrade", but maybe it is just a what ever is in stock at the time, type of thing.

The DW would like a picture of the upper kitchen cabinets. We have seen picture where some show the dark glass type inserts and some show full wood.

The one other thing I had read about somewhere was a possible new roof material with a long warranty. Did you get any info from the dealer if that was the case?

Thanks!
    Jim
    Jim,

Sorry to hear about the delayed date.

I have to figure out how to post a picture on here and will work on it tomorrow. The only cabinet with glass on it was the one above the small sofabed, and it was tinted. It was just like the one on the 2020 model.

I have the warranty info in the fifth wheel and will look at it again. May be a couple days on that one as the weather is gonna be nasty here in GA tonight and tomorrow. Off the top of my head I remember it being a longer warranty than usual.

The DW just mentioned that there are no locks on bathroom or master bedroom door's....something to replace before the first trip.

Bill
    U.S. Army Retired

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @dobber197 Also, when you get pictures working on here, might you be willing to take a picture of the table that comes with it? We didn't see that specified, but would be nice if it came that way from GD. What do you think so far?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some pictures of inside cabinets and theatre seating. I also snapped one with the slide closed.

The roof warranty is for 12 years. Per the owners manual, it is a rubber roof. I cannot remember anything else the dealer stated about the roof. Next time I am by there I am gonna ask again.

The table height fully extended is 36 inches. There are two other setting's to adjust to: one other being to 29.5 inch height. I did not measure the lowest setting.

We have not camped yet, just tooled around in driveway. The inside colors along with all the windows make it very relaxing to be inside of it. We are hoping to make some quick weekend trips as soon as possible.

Hitching/Towing is way easier and better compared to the travel trailer. I hated messing with the blue ox system, especially when it was hot out.

Here are some pictures. I have to split them up in two posts.

Bill

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cabinets.jpg.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	26134

Name:	Cabinets2.jpg.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	26135

Name:	IMG_0964.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	26136

Name:	IMG_0965.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	26137
    Last edited by dobber197; 04-23-2020 at 09:38 AM.
    U.S. Army Retired

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second round:

Name:	IMG_0972.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	26138

Name:	IMG_0975.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	26139

Name:	IMG_0966.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	26140

Name:	IMG_0962.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	26141

Name:	IMG_0963.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	26142
    U.S. Army Retired

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dobber, this isn’t helping me with my wait. I want it in my driveway now more than ever. [emoji3525]
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is great, thank you very much for the pics!

Have you had much chance to play with the Grand Design branded One Control?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast