User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until there's antibody testing then things will never be back to normal. The only way the virus dies is when it's stopped from being transferred to a new host. It's going to take several years for herd immunity to help control the virus. It would be rare if there's a vaccine by next March. And then like the Flu vaccine it's only 19%-60% effective depending on the year.
    With that being said the wife and I are giving up on this summers camping. We have other commitments so the Covid-19 is not really affecting our plans. If certain CG's open up we will go occasionally, but we're really waiting for Sept on to take a long trip. I'm in Oregon so no mtn camping till May anyways.
    I can see life as normal changing big time. Precautions will still need to be in place or a 2nd wave will hit. 1000's of restaurants will close, millions will still be without work this summer. Grim times ahead.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    And it is NOT the Wuhan virus....Covid -19 is the name of it....
    Covid-19
    Coronavirus
    Wuhan Virus
    China virus
    Chinese flu

The only reason to correct someone on this is political correctness. That is something I have no time for. As long as we are going to play this game, please give me the "correct" names for Spanish Flu, MERS, Swine flu and all of the other nomenclature that has been assigned to these diseases over the years.

If you are worried about being PC at this time you obviously do not understand the situation and how it arrived on our shores.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing to me the emotions that this virus brings out in people. From crazy high "we're all gonna die" predictions of millions of deaths to criticizing people for getting into their truck and driving to an empty field to camp in their RV to the names we choose to call this virus that originated in Wuhan.

I've been going to the empty outdoor RV storage lot every day for the last week to work on my new RV. It's a really nice break from sitting at home watching TV for the last 6 weeks. Am I endangering anybody by doing this? Of course not. You can't endanger people that aren't there. Will some folks here criticize me for doing this? Just watch!

Some people need to dial it back a few notches.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the comments are leaning strong to political. Refrain from politics. We are all entitled to political opinion, but the rule is no politics here and just because the words are chosen carefully does not make it non political.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning,

Well, after reading this morning's paper, it would appear that a Doctor & UCLA professor, has his own similar views concerning this (dare I say) Wuhan Covid-19 pandemic...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lockdow...imessage_share

Make your own "informed decision." Stay safe everyone! -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before the virus I would stop every morning on the way to work for some oj, donut and maybe a snack for after lunch. I no longer do that. It's saving me $100 - $200 a month and I've lost almost 10 lbs so far (which I needed to do). Mr and Mrs skreef don't go out shopping and eating lunch out on the weekend like we did before the virus. That's saving $100+ per week. Both these new virus procedures will continue even after the virus.

We make homemade meals every night and almost never ate dinner out. After the virus is over the only restraunt I want to visit is a high end ($30-$50 per plate) Italian restaurant. Once it's safe we'll go there to celebrate.

I have reservations for memorial weekend and plan on keeping them. Going to a campground is way more safe then me going to work everyday and we try really hard to be virus safe at work.

So yes my life has changed and will hopefully remain that way but going camping doesn't inherently put the public in danger if you practice social distancing.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Casita View Post
    Good Morning,

Well, after reading this morning's paper, it would appear that a Doctor & UCLA professor, has his own similar views concerning this (dare I say) Wuhan Covid-19 pandemic...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lockdow...imessage_share

Make your own "informed decision." Stay safe everyone! -Diego
    We are in a tight spot for sure. Testing is where we need to focus to open our economy in the short term, but I don't see nearly enough progress being made there.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Casita View Post
    9-April-2020 (In the midst of the Wuhan Covid-19 Pandemic)
    My fellow Americans, can we move beyond the overwrought fears of the “latest” pandemic? Since the Wuhan Covid-19 virus exploded onto the world stage, FEAR has ruled the day! Our society has demonstrated that this generation predominantly thinks and acts from a “victim-based" standpoint.
    There was a time when I would have agreed with this. But I have had the good fortune to be able to travel around the US. We have traveled to every state in the lower 48. We have seen many communities, and worked with many people from all walks of life. It wasn't until I got to set in with a bunch of college age kids doing intern work at a state park that I realized the new generation has got some good stuff working. Things like work ethic, concern for the planet, political understanding. And above all else, they were talking about the future.

So while our media tries to paint a black picture with the worst that they can find I observe that there are a lot more people standing up and doing the right thing, quietly. During a hurricane people that rarely talked with each other all got together to prepare the widow ladies home for the hurricanes. Traffic accidents people always stop and try to help. Not a single person that I know personally is violating the stay at home philosophy. We don't stay locked in our houses shaking in fear. We respect the communities effort to reduce the spread of disease.

This disease is new. It's a change in our lives. It must be addressed, but not from fear; but from a well reasoned response.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Some of the comments are leaning strong to political. Refrain from politics. We are all entitled to political opinion, but the rule is no politics here and just because the words are chosen carefully does not make it non political.
    Dial it back?? nothing I can respond too .... later Frank .... ya'll be safe
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    As noted in another post, the Constitution says "We, the people...", not "Me, myself..." One of the rights guaranteed is "Life"....I see no mention of "Road Trips".

Sure, as the incidence of the first number drops, which indirectly drops the second and hopefully the third (better care), I'll probably hit the road again. But I'd enjoy it more if there were more of my "stand up straight ... hard-working patriotic Americans” around to meet.
    That's "Life" - Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. It was written to mean you can't really have one without at least one of the others!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast