User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions in the midst of the Wuhan Covid-19 Pandemic

9-April-2020 (In the midst of the Wuhan Covid-19 Pandemic)

My fellow Americans, can we move beyond the overwrought fears of the “latest” pandemic? Since the Wuhan Covid-19 virus exploded onto the world stage, FEAR has ruled the day! Our society has demonstrated that this generation predominantly thinks and acts from a “victim-based" standpoint. This is a complete role-reversal from “The Greatest Generation” of the WWII era, that persevered on the heels of the “Great Depression” and America’s policy of “Isolationism” to help our Allies turn-the-tide on the Axis powers who were well on their way to world domination.

Some straightforward questions for all of you to consider. What are you going to do when the current “stay-at-home-orders” and the overall Wuhan Covid-19 quarantine hysteria ends? Are you going to resume traveling our great country to see all that our country has to offer? Or are you going to remain locked in your “residential protective bubble” out of fear of the next virus that comes our way? Are you going to travel internationally for upcoming vacations? Or are you going to remove all of those “bucket list plans” to travel to far off places?

My simple point is this. Are you going to “curl up in your homes in the fetal position paralyzed by fear,” or are you going to "stand up straight as hard-working patriotic Americans” and courageously buck the overzealous “civil-liberty-infringing-stay-at-home-orders?” (Which, by the way threatens our civil liberties in more ways than simply traveling! I haven’t even mentioned that the longer this country is quarantined in their homes, our economy will enter a “Greater Depression” than the “Great Depression” of the 1930’s!) As for me, well, I choose the latter, and plan to “hit the road” as soon as the rest of America is ready!

“The only thing we have to fear is…fear itself.” -Franklin D. Roosevelt

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a red blooded American and I am going back to the way it was before all this started. As a matter of fact I'm going to eat out more often and enjoy life to the fullest.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch that first step some soap boxes are tall .... sorry we need humor along with our big boy pants .... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will just be another “Significant Emotional Event” in my life. I’m sure it will change my value system. At first it was just an annoyance until I had a friend die from the virus and several others who got very sick.

I’ve survived Viet Nam, Hurricane Andrew, loosing friends to motorcycle accidents, loosing 9 friends to 5 separate aircraft accidents and survived having an engine failure in a single engine aircraft. I didn’t crawl up and hide. I still continued to ride my motorcycle, fly my plane etc. But I became more cautious. This virus will change me to be more cautious but it will not stop me from enjoying life.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like everyone, I can't wait to get back out there and travel again. It'll be like everything else though, and activities will be selected on perceived benefits/costs. Unfortunately the "costs" will include incremental health risk for a while yet (until there is a vaccine or very effective and widely-available treatment), and calculating the risk requires some understanding of the potential exposure. We need a lot more testing before we can have a good picture of the exposure.

For whatever odd reason I find myself day-dreaming lately about driving across the deserts of New Mexico, looking out over the hood and listening to a big diesel engine ahead of me. I guess I've just got strong hankering to get out on the open roads of the western US again. So count me in when the data supports it.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work in an "essential field" so I am at work everyday doing my job but am being more cautious about cleanliness. I was determined to still use my Solitude so this week I am at the local KOA enjoying life. The place is 2/3'rds empty but there is another 375 like mine from California here and a Reflection. Imagine (pardon the pun) that, even in these dire times there are still Grand Designs on the road!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Casita View Post
    ..... Are you going to ..... courageously buck the overzealous “civil-liberty-infringing-stay-at-home-orders?” ....
    And this is why the virus spreads. Do your own math, but if 20% of the people "get it" in the next year....and 20% of those have to be hospitalized....and 25% of those die....therefore you are willing to kill one out of every hundred people you see to go on a road trip! As noted in another post, the Constitution says "We, the people...", not "Me, myself..." One of the rights guaranteed is "Life"....I see no mention of "Road Trips".

Sure, as the incidence of the first number drops, which indirectly drops the second and hopefully the third (better care), I'll probably hit the road again. But I'd enjoy it more if there were more of my "stand up straight ... hard-working patriotic Americans” around to meet.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current actions are to flatten the curve, because the health care system is overwhelmed. Look at a curve, if flattened, then not as intense but longer duration.

We can hope that current research on treatments leads to some solutions, and that in a year or two a vaccine will be available.

Looking at history, the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic lasted until about 1920. There was an interesting article about an area in Indiana that shut down schools, stores, churches and practiced social distancing and thus had much less deaths and sickness.

So we should not panic, but should make smart moves. We are staying at home now, planning to harvest a garden this summer, and will make further plans as it becomes evident how things transpire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Washington, currently in Arizona, and my grandkids are in Colorado and Virginia. You better believe my wife and I will continue to travel. I'm very, very lucky that I'm still employed and my company doesn't care were I work from as long as I've got an internet connection. I'm a software engineer. Our plans have changed this year due to COVID-19. We're staying an extra month in Arizona to help my mother-in-law. Our original plan was to travel in May to see the grandkids, but out of prudence we've canceled that trip.

Once our country opens up again, but before a vaccine is created any travel I do by air will see me and my wife wearing masks on the plane and through the airports. Hand washing, like now, will continue to be frequently done. This virus won't be the last given the number of people living on our planet. We'll just need to take different precautions than previously, but life will continue and there are many wonderful places to see and let's not forget the grandkids.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it is NOT the Wuhan virus....Covid -19 is the name of it....
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast