Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making an access point between closets

We are wanting to put an access point/panel between the closest containing the w/d & the clothes closet for ease of access to back of w/d. Ever done this? Concerns to be aware of if attempted? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi frank, welcome aboard to the forum.

It may help if you let us all know what model RV you have. I know on mine (see model in signature line) I would not be able to make an access point or panel from the closet to the WD closet.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Sorry to have left off information ... 2019 375 RES-R. I appreciate your response!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 310GK which has the same layout as your bedroom. I measured where the water connection was on the back of the washer & used a 4" hole saw to cut an access hole in the closet wall on the right side of the closet, once you see where everything is you can make the hole bigger. The wall is just pressed cardboard. My purpose was to be able to check for leaks and tighten water connections if needed since the washer is stuffed in the closet with no access. Poor design for something that has water running to it! I can't get to the shut off valves.
    The hole saw keeps you from cutting into the washer or water lines, keep the drill bit short and don't push it through. use a saw once you can see where stuff is
    Last edited by Clsfly; 04-12-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much! Just what I was hoping would work! As for the shut off valves, we put inline shut offs in the lines leading to the washer in the front compartment (down below). You probably already know that ... But, thanks again for the reply!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by franktal View Post
    Thanks so much! Just what I was hoping would work! As for the shut off valves, we put inline shut offs in the lines leading to the washer in the front compartment (down below). You probably already know that ... But, thanks again for the reply!!
    I have the same trailer as you and have the outside kitchen. When the dealer installed my w/d they T'd into the water lines for the outside sink so that when you close the valves the water is shut off to the outside sink AND the washer. Very nice! The valves are up in the top curbside of the front basement.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff