Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which pullrite capture plate for reflection turning point pin box?

I have a Pullrite #2900 automatic sliding hitch. I will be getting the 2020 Grand Design Reflection 31MB. My understanding is that the Reflection 31MB uses a Lippert Turning Point pin box.

I've read the owners manual for the Grand Design Reflection 31MB and I cannot find the specific model of the Lippert turning point pin box so I can match the correct capture plate from Pullrite. Does anyone know as to the correct capture plate I need to purchase from Pullrite? I intend to lock the turning point pin box and just use the automatic sliding hitch Pullrite #2900 in my truck.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask Pullrite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have, but I wanted to see how others here have addressed the issue.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked Pullrite when I got my 2019. They told me to use the one on the turning point.
    No troubles with it so far...
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricklight, do you have the turning point locked? I was not aware that the turning point came with a capture plate. I don't see how it would work with the turning point unlocked along with an autoslider like the #2900 .

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we locked Turning point. 2 pivots would be a disaster!

It isn't really a capture plate but more of a wedge. Ours was bolted onto the pin box when sitting in the dealer lot. Easy to miss if you don't look for it.
    Rick

PullRite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm, I knew about the wedge being bolted on the underside of the pin box, but I had no idea that that alone would be sufficient. So, no capture plate? And you have no problems? Not having a capture plate would be sweet.

Do you put the wedge in the hitch slot, or leave it on the pin box? I know this may be a stupid question but this is my first time getting a 5th. :-)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You gotta learn from somewhere. Most pin boxes don't have a way to bolt on a wedge so they need a plate that reaches the edges.

The wedge stays on the pin box and jams into the slot on the hitch head. On a slider that turns the head so it moves on the internal gears. On a static hitch you lock the head and the wedge forces the turning point pin box to rotate. The only reason to remove it is if you have a long bed and static hitch.

I learned all that when I called Pullrite. I guess I asked the right questions.
    Rick

PullRite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    You gotta learn from somewhere. Most pin boxes don't have a way to bolt on a wedge so they need a plate that reaches the edges.

The wedge stays on the pin box and jams into the slot on the hitch head. On a slider that turns the head so it moves on the internal gears. On a static hitch you lock the head and the wedge forces the turning point pin box to rotate. The only reason to remove it is if you have a long bed and static hitch.

I learned all that when I called Pullrite. I guess I asked the right questions.

Makes perfect sense in fact. The wedge sits just behind the cylinder pin insert on the pinbox. The wedge has the effect of forcing the hitch head to engage the gears when turning. Got it!

I emailed Grand Design, Lippert, and Pullrite last night, and I suspect they will say exactly the same thing you said. Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they say anything else I'd like to hear it. I'm no expert.
    Rick

PullRite Superglide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast