User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp BuddyLovesCamping's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the go-to Lithium battery is the Battle Born, but has anyone used or considered other brands, such as this one: "LiFePO4 Rechargeable Battery: 12.8V 100Ah (1280Wh, 100A rate) with BlueTooth Option - UN38.3 Passed"
    which I found on batteryspace.com? Price is $650.
    Ken, Suzi & Buddy (Sporgi - Spaniel/Corgi)
    Dallas, OR
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 344GK-R
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L, CC, LB, DRW, 4x4

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Victron LFP Smart batteries in my trailer.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look great

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyLovesCamping View Post
    I know the go-to Lithium battery is the Battle Born, but has anyone used or considered other brands, such as this one: "LiFePO4 Rechargeable Battery: 12.8V 100Ah (1280Wh, 100A rate) with BlueTooth Option - UN38.3 Passed"
    which I found on batteryspace.com? Price is $650.
    The thing about Battle Born batteries is they use the internal cells that have a chemicalthat stabalizes the lithium and reduce spontaneous fires. So they are safe for the compartment under my bed!!!
    Dale & Penny Kennedy
    Central California

2016 Grand Design Solitude 321 RL #5754
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax/Allison
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp BuddyLovesCamping's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek20 View Post
    The thing about Battle Born batteries is they use the internal cells that have a chemicalthat stabalizes the lithium and reduce spontaneous fires. So they are safe for the compartment under my bed!!!

Interesting... I haven't heard of this before. So you're saying that Battle Born does some chemical magic thing that other brands don't do?
    Ken, Suzi & Buddy (Sporgi - Spaniel/Corgi)
    Dallas, OR
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 344GK-R
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L, CC, LB, DRW, 4x4

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting... I haven't heard of this before. So you're saying that Battle Born does some chemical magic thing that other brands don't do?
    Battleborn uses LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate) cells - just like all the other manufacturers that make 12v "lithium" batteries for RV-type use. Nothing magic :-)
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What sets Battleborn apart from most other manufacturers is they make a high quality case, use high quality components (wiring and BMS) and they have a unique battery post design that is very robust. Assembled in the U.S. from Chinese made cells.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    What sets Battleborn apart from most other manufacturers is they make a high quality case, use high quality components (wiring and BMS) and they have a unique battery post design that is very robust. Assembled in the U.S. from Chinese made cells.
    If we are being honest, assembled in the US from multiple Chinese made parts (probably all of them). That is the reality of the world right now. Chinese manufacturing is more than capable of making a good product. The QA suffers when corners are cut for cost reasons. Apple for example continues to produce high quality hardware out of China - like anything else, you get what you pay for. Chinese, American, or anyone else.

My Victron Batteries were made in China from CALB cells and they are as high quality as any product you would get from anyone else.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 Quattro installed.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	26123
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know about others, but Battle Born buys the cells that have the chemical in them... I asked about the safety and the engineer (at an rv show) explained why theirs are the safest (he indicated that not all do that) Also, the Battery Management board inside the battery is of high quality.
    Dale & Penny Kennedy
    Central California

2016 Grand Design Solitude 321 RL #5754
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax/Allison
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek20 View Post
    Got tired of filling the water, making sure I didn't fall below 50% charge, and the gassing of the lead acid bateries. So, I decided it was time for a change.

I installed 4 Battle Born batteries vertically against the back wall of my front compartment. My inverter is mounter at the top of the box. I built the box out of a sheet of MDF plywood and went to the local Line-X dealer. For $100, they coated the whole box. The batteries are secured by horizontal 1" Velcro straps. In case I have to brake sharply, I installed vertical threaded rods (covered with plastic tubing). I used a connector in order to split the rod in 2 pieces, so I may remove the rods and a battery. I had custom made cabling so there would be no looping in the cables. Finally, I ordered online a 1/4 x 3/4 brass bar (the same size and material that battle born uses for the battery posts). I used them in the 4 areas that needed a 90° angle turn. I covered those pieces with heat shrink tubing.

I now have 4X the available power that I had with 4 6-volt batteries. Another plus is that the weight of the lithium batteries is only 31 pounds each!!!

The cost is upfront but the batteries come with a 10 year guarantee, the first 8 years the batteries have 100% replacement coverage.

Attachment 25854
    Nice job ! So what are those sized batts called, ie. Group 24, etc...looks like a good mod. You mind telling the cost per batt ?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast