Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Television Cable 297RSTS

I purchased a new 2020 297RSTS. The first several times out the bedroom television worked when used with roof antenna. The last time out the Television did not work from the antenna. I have hooked the TV up with another cable direct from the booster to the TV and it works fine. I have traced the cables from the Splitter behind the booster to the connection behind the water valves. There is no signal from the cable. My question is has anyone had this trouble and is there any splices in the cable between the splitter and the connection behind the water valves?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peddler View Post
    I purchased a new 2020 297RSTS. The first several times out the bedroom television worked when used with roof antenna. The last time out the Television did not work from the antenna. I have hooked the TV up with another cable direct from the booster to the TV and it works fine. I have traced the cables from the Splitter behind the booster to the connection behind the water valves. There is no signal from the cable. My question is has anyone had this trouble and is there any splices in the cable between the splitter and the connection behind the water valves?
    If yours is wired like mine and it worked before it sounds like the antenna switch in the ceiling is not working unless you have not turned it on this time. Mine was defective from the start. I got antenna but no cable TV in the living room and once I replaced with a new one the GD sent me all was good. Mine does not have any splices between the connection at the water valves and the antenna feed. You should be able to tell as the cables are colour coded.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob. The booster was on at the time and the living room TV worked fine.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peddler View Post
    Thanks Rob. The booster was on at the time and the living room TV worked fine.
    Sounds like the connection on the booster for the bedroom TV to me then. If the living room TV worked fine then nothing at the Nautalus panel.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a different problem. My tv would not scan channels after arriving in Texas on our way home from the Covid concerns. I'm guessing the bouncing across our great interstate system caused something to come loose. The Tv works fine if connected to the post cable connection. So is the only connection behind the Nautilus panel then a straight shot to the wall behind TV.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a coax drawing in Reference Library made by klenger: Klenger's 297RSTS Diagrams, 3rd one.

There are usually splice connectors in the underbelly for the coax cables that run into the slideout, and they can get loose.
    The wall jacks are just like splices and the cable connectors on the backside can loosen.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OEM RF Coax- Klenger 8-2018.pdf  
    Last edited by gbkims; 04-14-2020 at 06:04 AM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    There's a coax drawing in Reference Library made by klenger: Klenger's 297RSTS Diagrams, 3rd one.

There are usually splice connectors in the underbelly for the coax cables that run into the slideout, and they can get loose.
    The jacks are just like splices and the connectors on the backside can loosen.
    I found all of my splitters inside the trailer. The one for the TV inside in the slideout is in behind the Furrion stereo. You can actually access this inside the left top cabinet lounge TV box. Loosen it off and pull it out gently and the 3 way splitter comes out. Allows you to check the connection to the TV. The other thing is if the Antenna Amp has gone bad it will not allow the cable signal to come to the TV in the trailer. I had this happen. I just pulled down the amp in the bedroom ceiling put a connector between the cable in and cable out and the TV worked fine. GD sent me a new antenna amp and all is good now.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to gbkims and Calbar for the info. To the OP sorry for hijacking the thread.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS