User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonSr. View Post
    What you should know is that Sikkens is PPG Proluxe. When I went to the Single Source store, the Grand Design paint codes were already in their system. I listed those codes in my earlier post. Fortunately, I have a nephew who is a painter at a body shop - he’s literally a master at his trade - so I didn’t have to do much more than buy the paint. The key to know is that this is not single stage paint. It’s base paint and actually requires a clear coat. My experience is that the silver/ gray and black matches very well straight out of the can. The ivory not so much. Because the store has to mix the paint, you can’t buy less than a pint, and be forewarned - it’s not cheap.
    I hope this information helps.
    Thank you for the reply. Fortunately for me, the winter storage owner has accepted full responsibility.
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jon
    Are those full gallons you purchased? Should last you a life time.

Any chance you have and can send pictures of your cap after the touch-up was done. That would really be helpful to know how well the touch-up matched and also if you have the same cap as our Solitude. You can use the forum, or my direct email is - [email protected] - .

Thanks.

Rich
    2019 310GK
    2016 GMC 3500 DENALI SRW DURAMAX

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about the name spelling of Jon which should be John. I was sure that I saw it somewhere as Jon.

Rich
    2019 310GK
    2016 GMC 3500 DENALI SRW DURAMAX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have called the customer service number 3xs and still can't get anyone to return my call. I'm trying to get the color match u fo for my 2016 367BHS.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLARKR4 View Post
    Jon
    Are those full gallons you purchased? Should last you a life time.

Any chance you have and can send pictures of your cap after the touch-up was done. That would really be helpful to know how well the touch-up matched and also if you have the same cap as our Solitude. You can use the forum, or my direct email is - [email protected] - .

Thanks.

Rich
    Rich: I had the front cap resprayed. It was not a brush touchup. The new paint was blended into the existing, so you don't see any difference. It looks like new.
    Jon & Melanie
    Dover, DE
    2019 Solitude 372WB-R
    2023 GMC 3500

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude Paint Codes

I called Grand Design { (574) 825-9679 } to obtain Paint Codes with my VIN #. They were extremely courteous, helpful and fast. I quickly had a PDF for paint codes for the cap paint in my email. They said they don’t have codes for the remainder of the coach except for the cap unless it has full body paint.

So, I decided to take samples to a local paint store. There is no Sikkens paint store anywhere near us so I decided to go to a local store (Sherwin-Williams) to see what they could do. Sherwin-Williams was unable to cross-reference the Sikkens paint codes to their equivalent.

So, I cut two samples of sheet metal from the skirting that represented the Ivory and the Brushed Nickel colors on my rig. Sherwin-Williams was able to match the Ivory so well, I had a hard time seeing where they tested it on my sheet metal sample. The Brushed Nickel is not a perfect match because it has metal flake in it and Sherwin-Williams cannot duplicate that. In the cut samples image I decided to go with the Brushed Nickel represented in the bottom left on the sheet metal sample.

Results are below.

My Unit happens to be a 2020 373FB model.

Front Cap Codes from Sikkens:
    Black: 920887
    Ivory: GD-100
    Brushed Nickel: 937264-2

Sherwin-Williams:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solitude (2020) 373FB Paint Samples.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	45415Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solitude (2020) 373FB Paint Mixed Ivory.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	45414

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solitude Front Cap Paint Codes.pdf.pdf 
Views:	6 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	45412
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Solitude (2020) 373FB Paint Mixed Brushed Nickel.jpg  
    Last edited by MccNeo; 03-17-2023 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Add Pictures
    2020 Solitude 373FB-R,
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 DRW Long Bed,
    TST 570 TPMS, MORryde IS, B&W 25K Companion, Garmin RV785MT

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might try these folks. If they can color match based on paint codes yo might be able to get small bottle (or spray).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLARKR4 View Post
    I had given up on finding any paint to match our 2019 Solitude 310GK. I can't believe that any of the mentioned paint suppliers would provide the small quantity required for chip tough ups. So the question is has anyone been able to purchase a small touch up quantity of paint, and how was the match? We are currently in Mesa, AZ for the winter, and there is a Single Source store reasonably close by. Maybe I will try them to see if they are able to supply. Will advise.

Rich
    Do you have an address for the Mesa store? I googled it but nothing came up and the search tool on their website doesn’t work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Mesa and working on trying to get my body guy to see if he can mix paint for our 2021 310GK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123