User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone tried matching the colors mentioned above for their Solitude 310-GK(x)? We just got back from a 4,500 mile trip and when I washed the front cap, it was riddled with very small rock chips on the entire cap (well over 100). Made me sick to my stomach.

Our Solitude 310-GK is a 2018. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Glenn.
    2020 GMC Denali 3500HD
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310-GK
    TST - TPMS
    B&W Companion 20k hitch

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoppyz06 View Post
    Has anyone tried matching the colors mentioned above for their Solitude 310-GK(x)? We just got back from a 4,500 mile trip and when I washed the front cap, it was riddled with very small rock chips on the entire cap (well over 100). Made me sick to my stomach.

Glenn.
    I think if you call GD Customer Service with your VIN, they can tell you the color codes. The colors can be different for different years.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I think if you call GD Customer Service with your VIN, they can tell you the color codes. The colors can be different for different years.

Rob
    Thanks Rob! I probably should just contact them directly for the exact codes.

Funny that you responded because I noticed you have Sailuns on your Solitude and am wondering how you like them? I’ll need to replace my Westlakes soon and have seen the big rigs running the Sailuns as well.

Thanks again.
    2020 GMC Denali 3500HD
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310-GK
    TST - TPMS
    B&W Companion 20k hitch

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob! I probably should just contact them directly for the exact codes.

Funny that you responded because I noticed you have Sailuns on your Solitude and am wondering how you like them? I’ll need to replace my Westlakes soon and have seen the big rigs running the Sailuns as well.

Thanks again.
    It's our second set of Sailuns (on previous Reflection, too) - so I must like them. We've had zero issues with either set.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glenn.
    I needed the same for my Solitude. The front cap has lots of rock chips. I went to Single Source (https://www.ncsssi.com/store-locations) which sells PPG automotive paints. They list paint for Solitudes under "Solitude RV" and/or Grand Design. The current codes in their system are 953530 (Gray), 982211 (Black) and 953525 (Ivory) for Solitude's 2018 and up. These are base paints, not single stage formulas.
    Jon & Melanie
    Dover, DE
    2019 Solitude 372WB-R
    2023 GMC 3500

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonSr. View Post
    I needed the same for my Solitude. The front cap has lots of rock chips. I went to Single Source (https://www.ncsssi.com/store-locations) which sells PPG automotive paints. They list paint for Solitudes under "Solitude RV" and/or Grand Design. The current codes in their system are 953530 (Gray), 982211 (Black) and 953525 (Ivory) for Solitude's 2018 and up. These are base paints, not single stage formulas.
    @JonSr., I know this is an older post, but have a few scratches that the winter storage facility put on my cap when they put me into storage. Called GD customer service to get paint codes. They sent me codes for Sikkens paints - 920887 (black metallic); GD-100 (ivory); 937264-2 (brushed nickel). These are supposed to be codes for use on Solitudes 2018-2021.

Question: how did your paint from PPG work out?

Question for others: have any of you sourced Sikkens paints? If so, how did it work for you?
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had given up on finding any paint to match our 2019 Solitude 310GK. I can't believe that any of the mentioned paint suppliers would provide the small quantity required for chip tough ups. So the question is has anyone been able to purchase a small touch up quantity of paint, and how was the match? We are currently in Mesa, AZ for the winter, and there is a Single Source store reasonably close by. Maybe I will try them to see if they are able to supply. Will advise.

Rich
    2019 310GK
    2016 GMC 3500 DENALI SRW DURAMAX

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBadger View Post
    @JonSr., I know this is an older post, but have a few scratches that the winter storage facility put on my cap when they put me into storage. Called GD customer service to get paint codes. They sent me codes for Sikkens paints - 920887 (black metallic); GD-100 (ivory); 937264-2 (brushed nickel). These are supposed to be codes for use on Solitudes 2018-2021.

Question: how did your paint from PPG work out?

Question for others: have any of you sourced Sikkens paints? If so, how did it work for you?
    What you should know is that Sikkens is PPG Proluxe. When I went to the Single Source store, the Grand Design paint codes were already in their system. I listed those codes in my earlier post. Fortunately, I have a nephew who is a painter at a body shop - he’s literally a master at his trade - so I didn’t have to do much more than buy the paint. The key to know is that this is not single stage paint. It’s base paint and actually requires a clear coat. My experience is that the silver/ gray and black matches very well straight out of the can. The ivory not so much. Because the store has to mix the paint, you can’t buy less than a pint, and be forewarned - it’s not cheap.
    I hope this information helps.
    Last edited by JonSr.; 11-23-2022 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Error

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JonSr.

Thanks for the info. I will try the local Single Source Store. Our cap has the ivory but also a brown or purple-y brown colour with the sparkly looking tinge to it. Did the store have that colour listed also? It is dark but I wouldn't refer to it as black. I thought all of the Solitudes of that vintage had the same colour scheme.
    Rich
    2019 310GK
    2016 GMC 3500 DENALI SRW DURAMAX

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLARKR4 View Post
    JonSr.

Thanks for the info. I will try the local Single Source Store. Our cap has the ivory but also a brown or purple-y brown colour with the sparkly looking tinge to it. Did the store have that colour listed also? It is dark but I wouldn't refer to it as black. I thought all of the Solitudes of that vintage had the same colour scheme.
    Rich
    Rich:

I don't know about the brown, or if they had any other colors listed in their computer system. I am attaching photos of the can labels if that will be of any help to you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6011.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	44007Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6010.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	44008Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6009.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	44009
    Last edited by JonSr.; 11-29-2022 at 02:23 PM.
    Jon & Melanie
    Dover, DE
    2019 Solitude 372WB-R
    2023 GMC 3500

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast