User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furrion FOSO5TASF here. Very happy. Was in the right place at the right time. Oregon RV supply store, a customer was having them install this along with some slide toppers and decided to go with the 7” monitor. The service manager saw me at the instore display and asked if I was interested? ended up with a 1/2 price unit which I took back to the RV park and installed. Took longer to back the truck around to stand on the tailgate to install then the actual installlation. Plug and play, very happy!
    Good picture and sound is good to have when backing into tight spots, I can hear my Master’s voice.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottld View Post
    The age old question appears again. Looking for a Wireless Observation camera for my 2020 Imagine 2500RL. I have it narrowed down to what I believe to be the top cameras. All cameras have the 7" display.
    1) Haloview RD7 Wireless Range Dominator @ $400.00
    2) Rear View Safety Simple Sight RVS 355W @ $575.00
    3) Tadi Heavy Duty @ $525.00
    Last but least the Furrion .... Even at the store the Furrion has poor video quality even at close range. Just was looking for anyone that has or has seen any of these others in action. I don't mind spending a little extra to do it once and be done. I really don't want to hard wire even tho I know it is the ultimate application. I would think with the technology today someone would be able to produce a wireless camera that could transmit 40 ft. reliably. Depending where you look all of these cameras either have excellent reviews or it's the worst camera in the world. My tow vehicle is a 2016 Silverado High Country. I know that because of the energy management system the alternator will not always put out full voltage and may drop as low as 11 volts which may affect the operation of the device due to not having full 12vdc. I have also read the having LED head lights may also cause interference. Has anyone experienced any issues due to these factors ?? Thanks in advance and any input would be greatly appreciated.
    We just bought the Amtifo 1080P with 7" monitor. It provides a very nice picture and installation wasn't difficult. I did not have to cut or splice any wires as it plugged directly into the factory connection. However, I must point out that it DID NOT fit inside the Furrion housing on my rig.

Just $159 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2019 Ford F250SD FX4
    2020 Reflection MKS320

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Furion It’ll run my battery down. They wired it in to a regular light circuit so anytime the batteries on the camera is on. Otherwise you have to wire it to the back up lights and then it doesn’t work on the freeway

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Furrion is powered by the same circuit as the small clearance/marker lights. So I just drive with the lights on when traveling. My last system was this way and I have accepted this, and it adds some safety to traveling. When parked, the lights are off, so there is no battery drain. One of my pet peeves about camping trailers is the lack of backup lights. Do the manufacturers think no one ever arrives at their campsite after dark?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last July I installed a Furrion FOS05TASF 5" Vision observation system. I have towed about 8k miles using it. I too read a ton of RV camera reviews and was disappointed in what I read. There were so many complaints about the signal dropping out on wireless cameras that I looked at wired cameras. It seems their reviews weren’t much better.

The Furrion was easy to install. I have it on the factory install location (top center) of a 36’ 328M 5th wheel toy hauler. I’m pleased to say I have never had a loss of signal using it. The video monitor sits on top of my dash. I usually tow at 65 mph but have towed faster with no signal problems if speed matters. On my first trip I realized the image was backwards. Using the manual I changed the settings on the monitor to fix this but it was a pain as the touch screen on mine is almost non responsive. Once I corrected the image I’ve never changed any other settings. I find the camera lens to be too wide angle to be much use backing up and rely more on my mirrors. I changed the camera angle but it didn’t help. The only thing I really find it useful for is seeing when I clear vehicles when changing lanes. It really is overpriced and probably not much better quality than a cheap baby monitor.

When installing the camera I found where the screws go into the OSB water had penetrated and damaged the wood. The screw heads in the Furrion install end up in a kind of pocket on the mount that retains water so whatever type camera you end up installing make sure you use plenty of sealant to prevent water damage. The factory wiring on my Momentum was constant on so I wired it to one of the marker lights next to the mount. The factory wiring provided better voltage than what I ended up with from the marker light circuit. I've read that people consider this a problem so I was a little concerned. I looked at the camera specs within the manual and the lower voltage I got at the marker light connection was well within the range shown in the specs and having less voltage has not been a problem.
    2015 328M
    2019 F350 SRW 6.7 & B&W slider

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have the Haloview 7109 with the marker cameras as well.. Installed all 3 in less than an hour all screws match up.They threw in an extra antenna for the rear camera that I secured to the roof .With the 33ft trailer it has the slightest jump not that noticeable unless your constantly starting at it. Bought direct from the company and they are still obsessed with making it right that there is no delay in signal. If at 55 mph no delay it happens only at 65mph .
    When you order direct from them it comes from China so get the faster shipping.. paid 460 that’s with shipping.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water pentration on rear wall

Quote Originally Posted by Foothills Jim View Post
    Last July I installed a Furrion FOS05TASF 5" Vision observation system. I have towed about 8k miles using it. I too read a ton of RV camera reviews and was disappointed in what I read. There were so many complaints about the signal dropping out on wireless cameras that I looked at wired cameras. It seems their reviews weren’t much better.

The Furrion was easy to install. I have it on the factory install location (top center) of a 36’ 328M 5th wheel toy hauler. I’m pleased to say I have never had a loss of signal using it. The video monitor sits on top of my dash. I usually tow at 65 mph but have towed faster with no signal problems if speed matters. On my first trip I realized the image was backwards. Using the manual I changed the settings on the monitor to fix this but it was a pain as the touch screen on mine is almost non responsive. Once I corrected the image I’ve never changed any other settings. I find the camera lens to be too wide angle to be much use backing up and rely more on my mirrors. I changed the camera angle but it didn’t help. The only thing I really find it useful for is seeing when I clear vehicles when changing lanes. It really is overpriced and probably not much better quality than a cheap baby monitor.

When installing the camera I found where the screws go into the OSB water had penetrated and damaged the wood. The screw heads in the Furrion install end up in a kind of pocket on the mount that retains water so whatever type camera you end up installing make sure you use plenty of sealant to prevent water damage. The factory wiring on my Momentum was constant on so I wired it to one of the marker lights next to the mount. The factory wiring provided better voltage than what I ended up with from the marker light circuit. I've read that people consider this a problem so I was a little concerned. I looked at the camera specs within the manual and the lower voltage I got at the marker light connection was well within the range shown in the specs and having less voltage has not been a problem.

Foothills Jim,

I was alerted by your comments about water penetration around the camera mount. When I started to mount my Furrion, I thought since there was a mount piece in my camera kit that I needed to use it. I started to remove the screws on the Furrion mount before I realized all I had to do was take the camera part out of the mount in my kit and install just that. When I removed the first three screws I found them starting to rust on my 2020 303 RLS Reflection. Also the holes were either stripped of just soft from water penetrations. I thought he camera mount was pretty well sealed and I am very suspicious that the moisture is coming from the sealing strip on the roof-to-wall joint. I got rid of my last camper due to separation from water damage. I am plan to take it to the dealer to have them look at it and be on record as to this.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danfiver View Post
    Foothills Jim,

I was alerted by your comments about water penetration around the camera mount. When I started to mount my Furrion, I thought since there was a mount piece in my camera kit that I needed to use it. I started to remove the screws on the Furrion mount before I realized all I had to do was take the camera part out of the mount in my kit and install just that. When I removed the first three screws I found them starting to rust on my 2020 303 RLS Reflection. Also the holes were either stripped of just soft from water penetrations. I thought he camera mount was pretty well sealed and I am very suspicious that the moisture is coming from the sealing strip on the roof-to-wall joint. I got rid of my last camper due to separation from water damage. I am plan to take it to the dealer to have them look at it and be on record as to this.
    I had to remove the mount to connect the wiring to the marker lights. One screw was fairly solid, the other, not so much. The wood above the camera mount was not water damaged. Probably about half the screws I've had to remove from wood here and there weren't solid due to water penetration. This includes the screws located under the rubber trim strips. I bought my Momentum used, it was stored on a lot at Myrtle Beach. The best place to store these things is out of the weather if possible. In my mind, they sure aren't made to last.
    2015 328M
    2019 F350 SRW 6.7 & B&W slider

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of the replies on this post. I've decided to go with the Haloview RD7. Not sure if i'm going to get the "mini" or get the full size camera and buy the Furrion mount. The full size unit appears to be a little more heavy duty and appears to have the sun shield. I was a little concerned with the fact that all communications are done by email and no personal tech support. Still a lot cheaper than the Furrion and appears to have decent video quality. With the range extender I would assume it sure be pretty rock solid. Another thanks for the input on the possible water damage due to the Furrion mount or worst yet a bad seal on the rear header. I will post a few pics when the job is complete. May take a few weeks .....

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all - I've started my search for a rear observation camera now; Lots of good info above so thank you everyone for your comments! Quick question: 5" or 7"? Is the 7" really worth the extra cost? Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast