User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Hi all - I've started my search for a rear observation camera now; Lots of good info above so thank you everyone for your comments! Quick question: 5" or 7"? Is the 7" really worth the extra cost? Thanks!
    IMO, if used as backup or observation camera with only one camera feed at a time, the 5" display is more than adequate. If you are using multiple cameras, quad picture for example, the 7" is almost too small.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the 7" however I don't have it mounted to my window. It fits nicely on a depressed tray area on my dash. Thus does not interfere with my view. I just have the Shark Fin rear view but I like the big 7" picture. I can honestly see why veteran 5th wheel pullers feel comfortable without a camera. I'm a fairly new full timer so I like seeing what is behind me. All is personal preference. Be safe. Benny
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottld View Post
    The age old question appears again. Looking for a Wireless Observation camera for my 2020 Imagine 2500RL. I have it narrowed down to what I believe to be the top cameras. All cameras have the 7" display.
    1) Haloview RD7 Wireless Range Dominator @ $400.00
    2) Rear View Safety Simple Sight RVS 355W @ $575.00
    3) Tadi Heavy Duty @ $525.00
    Last but least the Furrion .... Even at the store the Furrion has poor video quality even at close range. Just was looking for anyone that has or has seen any of these others in action. I don't mind spending a little extra to do it once and be done. I really don't want to hard wire even tho I know it is the ultimate application. I would think with the technology today someone would be able to produce a wireless camera that could transmit 40 ft. reliably. Depending where you look all of these cameras either have excellent reviews or it's the worst camera in the world. My tow vehicle is a 2016 Silverado High Country. I know that because of the energy management system the alternator will not always put out full voltage and may drop as low as 11 volts which may affect the operation of the device due to not having full 12vdc. I have also read the having LED head lights may also cause interference. Has anyone experienced any issues due to these factors ?? Thanks in advance and any input would be greatly appreciated.
    I have used Tadi equipment, and would NOT recommend this equipment to anyone!
    Their equipment is junk. Spend the money and get something that is reliable.
    You are trusting you and your family and others safety on the road.

Just my honest opinion and experience.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not honestly used my 7" model much yet due to having a new 303 and stuck at home with the Covid thing. In my short drives, I did notice that with the wide angle of the camera, you get a pretty small image, even on the 7". If you have the room and budget, I would suggest the 7".

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just installed the Halo View RD7 Mini this week. Took a short test run and everything worked just fine. Take your time on the install and think it out. You have several options with all the parts that they send you. Good Luck

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went through this personal debate when we bought our 5er. Ended up going with the Furrion Vision S 7". No regrets. In fact, I have the rear observation and side cams. This is a shot from the driver's side cam:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200512_191538.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	26825

Works perfectly fine for my needs, the night vision is actually quite good, and I like the microphone feature when Nikki is helping back.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion 7

Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I went through this personal debate when we bought our 5er. Ended up going with the Furrion Vision S 7". No regrets. In fact, I have the rear observation and side cams. This is a shot from the driver's side cam:

Works perfectly fine for my needs, the night vision is actually quite good, and I like the microphone feature when Nikki is helping back.

Glad to hear your Furrion installation worked out. We returned from a camping trip today. Travel was about 3.5 hours each way. My new Furrion 7" camera sustem did not miss a beat. I have not had the opportunity to try the night vision yet. The last setup (non-Furrion) on my last camper never worked properly even after many modifications.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post

That is an interesting stand. I have the 7” model as well but mine did not come with a stand like that one. Does yours show 4 split screens? Mine shows 4 even though I have only 3.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL-R 2019 Ford F350 SRW SB 6.7L Powerstroke

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hubie1988 View Post
    That is an interesting stand. I have the 7” model as well but mine did not come with a stand like that one. Does yours show 4 split screens? Mine shows 4 even though I have only 3.
    Ha! I actually made that custom mount to fit my RAM and attach the Furrion screen during the lockdown! I had previously modified a Bayou Goat mount and the Furrion desk stand to sit there as a quick solution, but it left the screen vibrating too much.

Yes, the unfortunate thing with the Furrion is that you have little control over the screen splitting. I actually have a 4th camera that I made portable and multi-purpose by making it a magnetic mount and soldering on a standard 12VDC power adapter. I can stick it on the wheel well in the bed to help me align so I can land on the goose ball faster or I can stick it on the rear of cargo trailer.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottld View Post
    I also spotted that camera and did see some decent reviews. Would be interesting to see how it works. As Gran Casita posted can't beat the $150.00 price. The 1080P was the thing that caught my eye. If video is clear at 65 MPH then it's a no brainer. I'll send you some sunshine from Florida to escalate the install if you like.
    I finally got around to installing it over the weekend. It works very well. I did have a signal drop off after I initially installed it on Saturday and ordered the antenna booster for $18 CAD or about $12 USD right away. Noticed on Sunday that the antenna was touching the trailer so positioned it correctly so now nice strong signal. I also noticed that when I took the trailer back to storage last night that I still got a reasonable signal at 55 MPH. All in all I am very happy with it so far and for the money can't go wrong. I still have the antenna booster on order. Figure for $18 bucks can't go wrong and it will give better signal while driving if I need it.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast