User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Last Resort ...

The age old question appears again. Looking for a Wireless Observation camera for my 2020 Imagine 2500RL. I have it narrowed down to what I believe to be the top cameras. All cameras have the 7" display.
    1) Haloview RD7 Wireless Range Dominator @ $400.00
    2) Rear View Safety Simple Sight RVS 355W @ $575.00
    3) Tadi Heavy Duty @ $525.00
    Last but least the Furrion .... Even at the store the Furrion has poor video quality even at close range. Just was looking for anyone that has or has seen any of these others in action. I don't mind spending a little extra to do it once and be done. I really don't want to hard wire even tho I know it is the ultimate application. I would think with the technology today someone would be able to produce a wireless camera that could transmit 40 ft. reliably. Depending where you look all of these cameras either have excellent reviews or it's the worst camera in the world. My tow vehicle is a 2016 Silverado High Country. I know that because of the energy management system the alternator will not always put out full voltage and may drop as low as 11 volts which may affect the operation of the device due to not having full 12vdc. I have also read the having LED head lights may also cause interference. Has anyone experienced any issues due to these factors ?? Thanks in advance and any input would be greatly appreciated.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had Tadi brothers rear camera and cannot recommend them.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottld View Post
    The age old question appears again. Looking for a Wireless Observation camera for my 2020 Imagine 2500RL. I have it narrowed down to what I believe to be the top cameras. All cameras have the 7" display.
    Last but least the Furrion .... Even at the store the Furrion has poor video quality even at close range. Just was looking for anyone that has or has seen any of these others in action. I don't mind spending a little extra to do it once and be done. I really don't want to hard wire even tho I know it is the ultimate application. I would think with the technology today someone would be able to produce a wireless camera that could transmit 40 ft. reliably. Depending where you look all of these cameras either have excellent reviews or it's the worst camera in the world. My tow vehicle is a 2016 Silverado High Country. I know that because of the energy management system the alternator will not always put out full voltage and may drop as low as 11 volts which may affect the operation of the device due to not having full 12vdc. I have also read the having LED head lights may also cause interference. Has anyone experienced any issues due to these factors ?? Thanks in advance and any input would be greatly appreciated.
    I know the Furrions get a bad rap, but mine has served me well. (I have the one you can use "in-motion," not the one used solely for backing. I don't remember the model name/number difference.) It will lose its signal now-and-then, but not so much that I want to replace it. Still kinda expensive though. Hope this helps, good luck! -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    I've had Tadi brothers rear camera and cannot recommend them.
    What one are you using now ?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Casita View Post
    I know the Furrions get a bad rap, but mine has served me well. (I have the one you can use "in-motion," not the one used solely for backing. I don't remember the model name/number difference.) It will lose its signal now-and-then, but not so much that I want to replace it. Still kinda expensive though. Hope this helps, good luck! -Diego
    I take it that you have the "S" model which is the observation unit. I understand that there were some changes to the newer "S" models. Maybe just the 7" screen. How old is the one you have ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it that you have the "S" model which is the observation unit. I understand that there were some changes to the newer "S" models. Maybe just the 7" screen. How old is the one you have ?
    I bought mine early 2018 & I definitely have a smaller screen, not the 7" one. Still works good enough for me. -Diego

2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the one that I bought. It gets very good reviews and I have personal experience dealing with the seller and they are very responsive. Seems to have a good picture quality. As soon as I get the nicer weather here I will install it.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    This is the one that I bought. It gets very good reviews and I have personal experience dealing with the seller and they are very responsive. Seems to have a good picture quality. As soon as I get the nicer weather here I will install it.

Rob
    That's a great price too!

2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haloview RD7 looks nice and has good video quality, it has a strong and stable signal, you can see many good reviews about it on YouTube.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post

Rob
    I also spotted that camera and did see some decent reviews. Would be interesting to see how it works. As Gran Casita posted can't beat the $150.00 price. The 1080P was the thing that caught my eye. If video is clear at 65 MPH then it's a no brainer. I'll send you some sunshine from Florida to escalate the install if you like.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast