User Tag List

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MORryde 3000 vs Dexter E-Z Flex vs ?????

I'm considering upgrading my suspension in the not too distant future, but I'm not sure which product to use.

My choices are keeping my stock equalizer and installing upgraded shackles, sleeves and wet bolts, Replacing everything with Dexter's E-Z Flex or MORryde 3000 or ????

Frankly just replacing the shackles, sleeves and installing wet bolts is virtually the exact same amount of work for me as replacing it all, so I'm leaning that way. Unfortunately I don't know which brand to use, since they all claim to be the best. Has anyone seen or done a side by side comparison of them? If so could you send along a link where it can be found or if you have some personal experiences that you like to share, I'd like to hear that as well. I've watched a couple videos and they both seem great, but are probably loaded with marking hype. I'd consider the MORryde 4000, but my 4400 lb axles are too light. Actually I'd consider ANY brand of equalizer since I'm not sold on or leaning towards any brand. That said, I am certain that I want replace the light duty shackles and nylon bushings

Any info that you have would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Equa-Flex replaced by MORryde

Bob, after my Equa-Flex system became unsafe when both sides developed cracks in the casting (See pics), I replaced the Equa-Flex with the MORryde 3000 system (including crossbar reinforcement) and the heavy duty shackles w/wetbolts (See pics). I made this emergency repair in Utah on one of our cross-country trips in 2019. Kinda scary and glad nothing broke to the point of causing a crash. Thank God!

The installer explained to me that the MORryde equalizer functioned in a different fashion than the Equa-Flex equalizer. He explained that the Equa-Flex equalizer absorbed the forces from the suspension in a more "lateral" fashion as compared to the MORryde equalizer, which apparently absorbed the forces in a more "vertical" fashion and also helped prevent destructive forces resulting from the "twisting" forces from the suspension. At least that how he explained it.

I will say that after the repair/replacement was completed, I noticed a distinctly smoother ride and noticed the trailer did not "hobby-horse" as much. The trailer also seemed to track better. Just my "novice" observations. I'm happy with the MORryde 3000. Hope this helps. Stay safe! -Diego

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2074.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	25979Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2075.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	25980Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2078.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	25981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2081.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	25982Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2082.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	25983
    Last edited by Gran Casita; 04-17-2020 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Grammer

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow..that looks like a bad crack, your are very luck that you didn't have a serious accident. I guess the Equa-Flex system is out!

I'm leaning towards the MorRyde CRE3000 over the Dexter EZ-Flex. I'm concerned about the cylindrical rubber bushing at the bottom of the Dexter E-Z Flex (shown on the left below). If that were to fail or fall out it I am concerned that the tires could get very close or maybe even touch each other while traveling. On the other hand if the rubber busing in the MorRyde CRE3000 (located inside the unit between the blue and silver parts) were to fail or fall out, it seems like the CRE3000 would still function. The ride would probably suffer greatly but not as bad as the tires touching when traveling. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    Wow..that looks like a bad crack, your are very luck that you didn't have a serious accident. I guess the Equa-Flex system is out!

I'm leaning towards the MorRyde CRE3000 over the Dexter EZ-Flex. I'm concerned about the cylindrical rubber bushing at the bottom of the Dexter E-Z Flex (shown on the left below). If that were to fail or fall out it I am concerned that the tires could get very close or maybe even touch each other while traveling. On the other hand if the rubber busing in the MorRyde CRE3000 (located inside the unit between the blue and silver parts) were to fail or fall out, it seems like the CRE3000 would still function. The ride would probably suffer greatly but not as bad as the tires touching when traveling. Thoughts?
    @BeerBrewer, I can only speak to the MORryde CRE3000, since that is the one I went with. I'm sure there are more folks out there who have experience with the Dexter component. I will say that the only maintenance listed in the instructions that came with MORryde was to visually inspect the rubber bushing for excessive wear and to grease the heavy duty shackles/wet bolts annually. I don't know about others' experience with the CRE3000, but I will repeat that the difference in the "ride" was a noticeable improvement. And you're right, thank God the Equa-Flex did not cause a catastrophe! Stay safe and let us know what you went with! -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    I'm considering upgrading my suspension in the not too distant future, but I'm not sure which product to use.

My choices are keeping my stock equalizer and installing upgraded shackles, sleeves and wet bolts, Replacing everything with Dexter's E-Z Flex or MORryde 3000 or ????

Bob
    I have the the same question that the OP, @BeerBrewer, had, but I'd like to clear up the comparison of Morryde vs E-Z flex. The E-Z Flex is a Dexter product where as the Equa flex is a Lippert product. Is there anyone who has experience with the E-Z Flex?
    Norm & Karla
    2018 Silverado 2500HD
    Imagine 2150

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the XLS 22MLE and wanted to upgrade suspension to MORryde CRE3000. Upon calling their CS dept I came to realize that to make it work on my unit, I would need to trim the upper part of the equalizer bracket, see photo below. Not going to do that so I’m going with Dexter EZ Flex. Here’s a thread that goes into detail on EZ Flex
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...n-Kit-Opinions

Attachment 26363
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the link you put on your response Tigger1. I hadn't seen it yet. My Imagine has a more rectangular 3" shackle than yours so I can go either way. I am leaning toward the dexter product, but can change my mind. I have seen that Morryde has has their issues. So far I haven't heard about Dexter issues.
    Norm & Karla
    2018 Silverado 2500HD
    Imagine 2150