User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found Loose Bolts on New 2020 310GK-R - Where Auto Leveling Legs Connect to Frame

I've been meaning to write about this but keeps slipping my mind. I took possession of my new Solitude 310GK-R December 2, 2019.
    I'm a new full time Rver. First stop from my cold, rainy Nashville home was Starke Florida. First chance to get up under my RV and check bolts, shackles, springs, chloroplast liner, etc. Upon checking the large bolts that attach my leveling legs to the RV frame, I found 2 or 3 "very loose" (ready to fall out) and at least 5-6 more that needed to be "tightened" up. Hope the English police don't get me for that word.

All other bolts were found to be tight under there. Point of e-mail is to recommend you might want to check yours on a semi routine basis if not doing it already. Safe travels my friends. Benny
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhop56 View Post
    I've been meaning to write about this but keeps slipping my mind. I took possession of my new Solitude 310GK-R December 2, 2019.
    I'm a new full time Rver. First stop from my cold, rainy Nashville home was Starke Florida. First chance to get up under my RV and check bolts, shackles, springs, chloroplast liner, etc. Upon checking the large bolts that attach my leveling legs to the RV frame, I found 2 or 3 "very loose" (ready to fall out) and at least 5-6 more that needed to be "tightened" up. Hope the English police don't get me for that word.

All other bolts were found to be tight under there. Point of e-mail is to recommend you might want to check yours on a semi routine basis if not doing it already. Safe travels my friends. Benny
    Also check your pin box mounting bolts. Some people (including myself) have found loose ones from the factory.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads-up, @bhop56. I went out and checked ours this morning. Of 36 bolts, only one was loose enough to turn by hand. All but one or two needed tightening to one degree or another, though - some a couple of turns.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up, @bhop56. I went out and checked ours this morning. Of 36 bolts, only one was loose enough to turn by hand. All but one or two needed tightening to one degree or another, though - some a couple of turns.

Rob
    Glad to provide a tip. I've been "stealing" your tips and some other RV vet's tips for a while. I'm headed out in a few minutes to check my kingpin bolts per Chris's post above.
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	310GK-R MORryde King Pin.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	25995Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MORryde King Pin Pic 2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	25996Click image for larger version. 

ID:	25996

Reporting back on 310GK-R "bolts to frame/kingpin check". Bolts that connect kingpin to frame-all secure. However the two long bolts that connect the MORryde "cushion" to the kingpin - one bolt needed a single turn. There are two long bolts through the blue housing.
    I tried to attach a couple pics for my own practice. They might actually show when I send this e-mail. Thanks for the tip Chris.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhop56 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	310GK-R MORryde King Pin.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	25995Click image for larger version. 

ID:	25996Click image for larger version. 

ID:	25996

Reporting back on 310GK-R "bolts to frame/kingpin check". Bolts that connect kingpin to frame-all secure. However the two long bolts that connect the MORryde "cushion" to the kingpin - one bolt needed a single turn. There are two long bolts through the blue housing.
    I tried to attach a couple pics for my own practice. They might actually show when I send this e-mail. Thanks for the tip Chris.
    By the way, I found the "blue cushion housing" would move a little (1/8 inch or less side to side. Seem to have some inbuilt slack in it.
    Anyone else finding this? This is after the two long bolts were tight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Also check your pin box mounting bolts. Some people (including myself) have found loose ones from the factory.

Chris
    As @CoChris mentioned, I would suggest adding the pin box bolts to your annual checks. After our first lengthy trip, a few of the bolts had worked a bit loose, meaning when I applied a torque wrench, a couple of them were slightly short of the proper torque, but not too bad. My manual says to ensure they are inspected annually and torqued to 90-110 ft.-lbs. I'm guessing yours would be the same, but I would check just in case. Stay safe! -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found a few loose jack bolts on our 2019 310GK, moved the rear jacks up one set of bolt holes also. The hydraulic lines had enough slack, this is the max lift as the top of the jack is almost touching the trailer.