Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Air conditioner

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air conditioner

My unit is a 2019 momentum 395. Yesterday I turned on the air conditioner fan mode for the first time. Worked ok but I could not turn it off. I finally had to turn the breaker switch off to stop the fan. Anyone had this problem. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check dc connectors

Quote Originally Posted by Frank P View Post
    My unit is a 2019 momentum 395. Yesterday I turned on the air conditioner fan mode for the first time. Worked ok but I could not turn it off. I finally had to turn the breaker switch off to stop the fan. Anyone had this problem. Any ideas?
    Pull ceiling louver covers off, remove inner shield cover, be sure to mark orientation as it matters for air diversion.
    You will need a source of light see up in the housing cavity
    Remove cover housing where the d/c spade connectors are attached. (be carefull to not break them)
    BE sure to note connector positioning on spade connectors! color versus letter designation. or you will mix up the control signals for fan speeds, heat pump signal, etc.

Make sure all connectors are securly crimped, or solder on new ones.
    Same goes where the connector cover connectors that are hidden by the cover.

This is a issue with bad connections for d/c thermastat control signals. i.e. thermostat calls for compressor off, but won't shut off because of bad connections. Or fan speed won't shut off for same reason. or vice versa, (won't turn on)

Russ