User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    mandolin57
    Patti, so very sorry for you and your family with this news. Our prayers go out to you at this time and in dealing with all of the things you all must be going through. Take care and again, our deepest sympathy to you at this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God bless you and your family Patti... Sorry about the unfortunate situation.

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry for your loss Patti.
    You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

ChrisW

Looking to buy a Grand Design fifth wheel but this concerns me.

I research current owners before making a major purchase and this type of serious problem list is a big concern.
    -I believe all manufactures will have problems but this seems far too many
    -The test will be how quickly GD does the right thing.
    At this point I think that is to loan the buyers a unit for 30 days and if theirs is not fixed, replace this unit. Then tear it down to determine why so many things are faulty.
    Our thoughts are also with the family in this tough time.
    I'll follow the thread and hope it ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zluvangeleyez View Post
    We purchased our 1st Grand Design 379FL and I am becoming more and more disappointed with it. How can so many things go wrong in just 5 short months??

Here is a summary of issues:

Water filter outside leaked.
    Hot water heater leaked.
    Back storage door has cracking in it.
    Awning lights burned out first time we used them.
    Awning will not close without assistance.
    The auto level would not work, had to be reset.
    Glass on table top was chipped. They replaced with a piece of glass that is now way to thin.
    Staples sticking up in the carpet in bedroom, living room & stairs (killer on the feet).
    Light switch broken in the kitchen. They put new switch in but now randomly makes popping noise.
    USB charger broken.
    Gas alarm goes off up to 5 times a night (some times every night, sometimes once a week).
    Recliner was torn, also would not recline or close properly (replaced twice) and still cant use center piece or attach the chairs because they do not line up properly.
    Trim falling off the wall in kitchen.
    Top & bottom drawers will not latch close in the bedroom.
    Shower fixtures peeled, new fixtures are rusting.
    Shower leaks, they fixed twice and still leaks.
    Dent in the kitchen floor from slide.
    Something rattles in kitchen floor on pantry side.
    Pantry door rubs and now has groves in it from screws.
    Screen door gets stuck to door.
    Rubber seal peeled back off entry door.
    Closet doors wouldn't close due to screws put in crooked.
    Bedroom door will not stay open and is hard to close.
    Bathroom vent fan keeps trying to crank close after it has already closed.
    When opening blinds they will not fold in the crease but rather pop out.
    and last but not least.....The mood lighting behind the tv...well they replaced the switches 3 times because they would not work. Now they have been on steady for a week and the switches or in the OFF position. However, we woke p this morning and they were off, but magically turned back on!! I fear leaving my RV everyday due to an electrical issue and we live in i full time.

I am sure there is something I am missing and most positive there is more to come. Feeling very frustrated because I thought we made the right decision going with Grand Design. I see a lot of people have as many, if not more, problems like we are having. I am debating if I should get in touch with an attorney or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered a 350M hopefully it shakes out well...I have Heartland Cyclone now and my list was just as long with zero support from factory...I contacted factory myself.

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are considering the 350M as well and we are using these types of forums to follow quality and service issues

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had ours over a year and IF I traded it we would buy another Grand Design product!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patti, so very sorry to read of your family's tragic loss!!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zluvangeleyez View Post
    We purchased our 1st Grand Design 379FL and I am becoming more and more disappointed with it. How can so many things go wrong in just 5 short months??

Here is a summary of issues:

Water filter outside leaked.
    Hot water heater leaked.
    Back storage door has cracking in it.
    Awning lights burned out first time we used them.
    Awning will not close without assistance.
    The auto level would not work, had to be reset.
    Glass on table top was chipped. They replaced with a piece of glass that is now way to thin.
    Staples sticking up in the carpet in bedroom, living room & stairs (killer on the feet).
    Light switch broken in the kitchen. They put new switch in but now randomly makes popping noise.
    USB charger broken.
    Gas alarm goes off up to 5 times a night (some times every night, sometimes once a week).
    Recliner was torn, also would not recline or close properly (replaced twice) and still cant use center piece or attach the chairs because they do not line up properly.
    Trim falling off the wall in kitchen.
    Top & bottom drawers will not latch close in the bedroom.
    Shower fixtures peeled, new fixtures are rusting.
    Shower leaks, they fixed twice and still leaks.
    Dent in the kitchen floor from slide.
    Something rattles in kitchen floor on pantry side.
    Pantry door rubs and now has groves in it from screws.
    Screen door gets stuck to door.
    Rubber seal peeled back off entry door.
    Closet doors wouldn't close due to screws put in crooked.
    Bedroom door will not stay open and is hard to close.
    Bathroom vent fan keeps trying to crank close after it has already closed.
    When opening blinds they will not fold in the crease but rather pop out.
    and last but not least.....The mood lighting behind the tv...well they replaced the switches 3 times because they would not work. Now they have been on steady for a week and the switches or in the OFF position. However, we woke p this morning and they were off, but magically turned back on!! I fear leaving my RV everyday due to an electrical issue and we live in i full time.

I am sure there is something I am missing and most positive there is more to come. Feeling very frustrated because I thought we made the right decision going with Grand Design. I see a lot of people have as many, if not more, problems like we are having. I am debating if I should get in touch with an attorney or not.
    Such items should be caught by any good dealer on the PDI. You'd think the dealer would want to go through them with a fine tooth comb--not just for the customer buying experience, but so their shop will have twice the work to bill out to the factory.

And at $100-125 per hour, you'd think the manufacturers would want to put out a better product than they do. It costs the factory half what a dealer charges to make such repairs.

This is not a Grand Design issue--but universally across the RV industry. Manufacturers climb into bed with companies like Lippert that supply so many of their individual components, and there are not that many sources of RV parts manufacturers. Large RV manufacturers should be buying more reliable components, too.

After all, if it costs a manufacturer $5K to get any of their products right, it comes out of the consumer's pocket indirectly. And buyers don't like spending the time and money dragging these monster trailers back and forth to dealerships for repairs.

Zluvangeleyez
    First I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I has been tough to deal with losing someone to such a senseless act. I was losing hope in humanity, but you have helped me to see there are still good people out there Thank You.

As for my camper, we started to have a few more issues the day we were closing her up to bring in for repairs. Our slides would not go in and the auto level again was malfunctioning, be managed to get'er closed up, hooked up and hauled in! We got our camper back on Friday, February 6. Seeing how the majority of our problems revolved around electrical, they went ahead and replaced the power converter. As well as, some light switches, the gas alarm, all the shower fixtures, which by the way will always be a problem until they come up with a better product. I am on my 3rd set of shower fixtures because they discolor/peel within about 2 months time. So until they find something better, these will always look like ******** within a few months As for the furniture, the dealer who did all the repairs lined up the hardware for us so the chairs could be screwed down, but now you can clearly see how they do not match or line up (its horrible). All in all, the manufacture was wonderful and replaced/repaired most everything. However, I am being a little optimistic i guess because we have had so many problems for the last 6 months. Hopefully all that has changed. I will continue to keep you all posted.

God Bless, Have a Beautiful Day
    Patti

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast