Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehead View Post
    It will leak if you don't caulk it. Spray some water on it and you will see for yourself.
    Hey EH. I did a water test with no leak. Did extensive research on the shower water leaks here in the forum. Seems most aren't related to the 303. I can see how water will run along the seam to the edge and escape there. On my 3/15 model, it's caulked on the outer edge of the seam on both sides so that doesn't happen in mine. I'm thinking that might be the difference between mine and your 303. I think they corrected the issue...maybe?? However, my RV has not been "used" yet. So, no body weight has been applied to the shower. I am sensitive to it now and will keep my eye out for leaks after we get her on the road. I appreciate your inputs brother.

Brent
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got our 303 jan. 2014 and have never had a leak yet.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Zluvangeleyez
    Hello Bill, I have been working with Marc Houser. The repairs are being made but they just seem to continue to have to be made. Today our water heater started leaking again!!

Zluvangeleyez
    Quote Originally Posted by cgoodnight View Post
    In general, I would suggest fixing the little things yourself and letting your dealer take care of the big ones.

Staples sticking up in the carpet in bedroom, living room & stairs (killer on the feet).
    Cut off the staples, remove them or pound them down with a hammer.

Gas alarm goes off up to 5 times a night (some times every night, sometimes once a week).
    Install a new gas alarm yourself, they are inexpensive. Happened in my last trailer--I immediately checked everything and then disconnected it that night.

Trim falling off the wall in kitchen.
    Yep, had that happen in my last trailer also. Got out my small nail gun and fastened it back. No more problems with those trim pieces.

Shower leaks, they fixed twice and still leaks.
    Read about this on the forum before my first trip. Checked shower, no caulk, caulked it myself and it has never leaked.

Pantry door rubs and now has grooves in it from screws.
    Door may need sanding some. Should immediately remove screws which cause problems. Replace them properly.

Closet doors wouldn't close due to screws put in crooked.
    Same answer as above.

Bedroom door will not stay open and is hard to close.
    Sand door, get magnetic door stop.

When opening blinds they will not fold in the crease but rather pop out.
    This has been addressed before on this forum by GD Customer Service. Pull blinds down, get each crease in proper position, spray with starch, let dry. May have to repeat.

I am sorry you have had so many problems with your trailer. Good luck in the future.
    cgoodnight ~ I understand what you are saying and agree that I can make many of the repairs myself, but the point is I shouldn't have too! If it was one little thing, sure I can fix that and be fine with it. However, to have a list like mine is just crazy. Today our water heater started leaking again like it did the first week we had it. A few weeks ago our living room slide got stuck closed. When they came out they told me the wires were severed. Now to me the only way for that to happen would be improper installation. I am guessing someone forgot to tuck the wires away before closing it up. As for the gas alarm, you cant just disconnect some of them as they have a 3rd line that shuts the gas off and I cant have that happen because I need gas to cook. I know it is an RV and things go wrong....i just didnt expect this many so soon!

Official home, NW Missouri. In Solitude mostly now
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the best thing is to take it to your dealer, give them tour list of issues and give them a chance to fix it. Having said that, we are full-timers and it is not easy for us to just take it in and have it sit at the dealer. If we only used it on weekends, however, thats what I would do. I end up fixing all the small issues myself, because its cheaper than moving into a motel for a week. If its a major issue, we scedule it for when it suits and we can go on a vacation while the 5er is in the shop, or I find someone who does mobile repair and can get factory authorization for repairs and I pay the mobile service call for my convenience sake. Obviously we would all think it was great if we got paid while our brand new rv is in the shop, but I have come to realize that this is not feasible for the manufacturer. I certainly want Grand Design to stay in the business, their customer service beats both of the other brands we have had all to pieces.
    2015 RAM Cummins B&W Companion Slider

2015 Solitude 365DEN

Anthony, Amanda, and their 2 munchkins. Fulltiming.

Official home, NW Missouri. In Solitude mostly now
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a very long warranty list with our other brand 5er, whatever I didnt fix, didnt get fixed. I had 15-20 water leaks in that unit, I fixed all of them and tried my best to get some help. The one thing they finally fixed was an awning and led lights that shorted out and nearly started our rig on fire. This was after 20-30 emails, and many many phone calls.

Having said everything I just did now, I am looking forward to how Grand Design helps you out, please keep us updated. We need to hear the good here also.

I have followed this forum for 6 months listening and reading, it seems Grand Design always does thier best for the customer.
    Last edited by ADIRKS30; 05-31-2015 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Added details
    2015 RAM Cummins B&W Companion Slider

2015 Solitude 365DEN

Anthony, Amanda, and their 2 munchkins. Fulltiming.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456