User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    mag814
    Patti and David, so sorry. A tragic death in the family certainly changes and colors you world in a whole different light. We lost a daughter 3 yrs ago suddenly, under different circumstances, but I still understand a bit what you may be going through. I won't say it gets better, but I will tell you that you will get through it.
    I am glad to hear that you have had some positive steps forward with your camper. Sounds like the dealership is still working to get it done. Not sure if you already said or not, but I hope Grand Design is aware of your issues as well so they can be involved as well. It's awful that you are having so many problems with a brand new unit. Hope it continues to get better from here on out. Marie

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry for your loss. I am so thankful the GD team, Marc, got directly involved. It says a lot about their commitment to their customers and makes me feel like I made the right choice. I sure hope your next 6 months is awesome.
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Sweet1205p
    Patti and David,
    I'm truly sorry for your loss, please accept our condolences. We are new too the forum, but I have been following your discussion and feel your frustration literally. Currently we do not own a Grand Design yet, but have been looking at the 379FL very seriously. We currently own a 2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 361REQS fifth wheel, we purchased brand new April of 2013 and it's not even 2 years old yet. It was supposed to be the top of the line from Jayco and we have had nothing but issues with it, one thing after another. Since we've owned this unit it's been in the shop more than on the road. Every time we take it out several issues arise from minor to major and we have become gun shy to take it out. Its actually in the shop as we speak having a laundry list of items fixed. The unit came with a 2yr warranty and good thing it did or I might be paying a deductible to use my extended warranty. The dealership we bought the unit from do good work and we haven't had any repeat problems with the issues they have fixed. They have even put me in touch with a Jayco rep, just to hear the usual speech that there's nothing they can do for me other than ensure the problems are fixed. But of course once the manufacture warranty runs out, then what.

We are ready to buy a new unit preferably the Solitude 379FL as we fell in love with it, but we are not sure that the great loss we are about to take will be worth it. I'm also concerned that GD only comes with 1yr warranty when most major problems seem to arise in year 2 or out. It seems that I'm getting the most for my trade as I've checked with several dealerships and at least my dealership is willing to give me the most of them all by far. It also seems that I'm getting a good deal on this 379FL, but then again I wouldn't know what everyone else paid sale price so I'm guessing the deal is fair. Before I hit the go forward button on this purchase, Id like to hear from you and any others that have had similar situations and/or what you would do. Thanks for any advice.

Larry and Tammy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Larry & Tammy.....we have a Laredo 245RL that we purchased new in 2009. We too had issues with it from the moment we brought it home! We finally decided to trade it in on a Reflections 29RS. We took a hit on the trade in, but feel it will be well worth it in the long run! Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on!

Good luck in your decision, and if you do pull the trigger, I hope you have many days of trouble free camping!

Official home, NW Missouri. In Solitude mostly now
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    I research current owners before making a major purchase and this type of serious problem list is a big concern.
    -I believe all manufactures will have problems but this seems far too many
    -The test will be how quickly GD does the right thing.
    At this point I think that is to loan the buyers a unit for 30 days and if theirs is not fixed, replace this unit. Then tear it down to determine why so many things are faulty.
    Our thoughts are also with the family in this tough time.
    I'll follow the thread and hope it ends well.

This would be a great idea, i currently have a Heartland Cyclone that has a long list of problems also. Wish they would do something for once, I work on the road and am piad per diem for my RV, why should it cost me to move out of my rv that wasn`t built right and move into a hotel while its fixed? I am looking at switching to a Grand Design bunkhouse, sorry to hear that they also can have long lists of problems like these. Am looking to see how this turns out for this Grand Design customer.

Official home, NW Missouri. In Solitude mostly now
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadkingfl View Post
    I just ordered a 350M hopefully it shakes out well...I have Heartland Cyclone now and my list was just as long with zero support from factory...I contacted factory myself.

I would make another Heartland customer switching to Grand Design due to poor customer service, wonder if its better here?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We too are very dissapointed in our trailer, we purchased a Momentum 380TH last summer and have had our share of problems. Our trailer has been in and out of the dealer about 4 times, i just picked it up a couple of weeks ago from a few items fixed. I asked them when we first took delivery about one of the awning drive motors ( it wobbles around when rolling out or in) they said that was normal. I then asked why the other awning does not wobble and this is the first one I have seen that wobbles. They said it is normal operation, but would look into it. We were billed for them looking into the awning wobble and when I questioned why they told me if there are any issues with the coach even under warranty and they can not replicate the problem that I would be responsible for the labor. Now my hydraulic jacks are acting up and will open the slide outs when raising them up or down, and I have to bypass the slide out to fold everything up. It does not happen all the time but there is a problem. I did not list all the problems as some of them I had to fix on my own. We do like the look and the layout but question the quality control. We purchased this trailer on information that these were "high end" trailers. Maybe we just got a lemon?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gtcoleman View Post
    We too are very dissapointed in our trailer, we purchased a Momentum 380TH last summer and have had our share of problems. Our trailer has been in and out of the dealer about 4 times, i just picked it up a couple of weeks ago from a few items fixed. I asked them when we first took delivery about one of the awning drive motors ( it wobbles around when rolling out or in) they said that was normal. I then asked why the other awning does not wobble and this is the first one I have seen that wobbles. They said it is normal operation, but would look into it. We were billed for them looking into the awning wobble and when I questioned why they told me if there are any issues with the coach even under warranty and they can not replicate the problem that I would be responsible for the labor. Now my hydraulic jacks are acting up and will open the slide outs when raising them up or down, and I have to bypass the slide out to fold everything up. It does not happen all the time but there is a problem. I did not list all the problems as some of them I had to fix on my own. We do like the look and the layout but question the quality control. We purchased this trailer on information that these were "high end" trailers. Maybe we just got a lemon?
    Sounds like you have more of a dealer issue than a manufacture issue. Yes, it came out with some issues, but your dealer is failing to rectify them. Unfortunately, that seems to be par for the course. Contact GD direct and see what alternatives you have in your area to get your issues resolved.

Ta4dice
    I'm truly sorry for everything you are going through. As far as your fifth wheel, I do believe that Grand Design is a company that cares and will do whatever it takes to resolve all of your issues. We've had our 379fl for nearly a year and we absolutely love it. We have a few of the same issues and its at the dealer now getting taken care of. We've had several different fifth wheels in the past and nothing compares to our Solitude.
    Sincerely, Tom and Teresa

Zluvangeleyez
    Hello Everyone,

Well we made it 3 months and it seems as though things are starting up again and I believe they are starting up the same way they did before. The awning is needing assistance during closing again and the gas alarm sounds off ALL the time. I cannot paint my nails without it sounding off and if my dog lays anywhere near it, it is guaranteed to sound off! Our newest problem was one of our LR slides getting stuck closed. Did you know there is no way to even manually open it? Thankfully the dealer is VERY FAMILIAR with us and our problem rv that they were able to get to us within a couple days. Not sure what to do about the awning & gas alarm.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast