User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mathis388m

Unhappy Furrion, REALLY!

ALCON, My wife and I have owned our 388M now for about 11 days and are generally pleased. With the amount of money spent on the trailer and the detail spent by Grand Design on the different items in the trailer, why did Grand Design scrimp so much a cheap TV by Furrion that is not compatible with Directv and the Furrion car stereo that is "sold" as a surround sound, which to control the speakers must be done by using the front fade and the rear fade on the dial, all the while if a person wants to sets "presets" on the radio you do not have that option as the radio automatically sets the first 18 stations for you, rather you speak that language or not. Now we have to change out the TV, the so called entertainment center, and add switches to the speaker system to make the system more user friendly.
    With the amount of money these trailers cost and the other high end equipment that is installed, all I can say I guess is REALLY!

I have been in contact with Directv, and Furrion concerning the issue of compatibility of the two. Direct TV worked with me for about 45 mins. while Furrion said "try the LG codes, I hear they work" and then says "have a good day". Needless to say, the LG codes did not work. I have read the posts in this forum concerning the Furrion problem, and they are right, nothing seems to work and crappie customer service from Furrion.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Our Furrion radio has buttons for inside or outside speakers. Don't know anything about Directv but our TVs are Haier. They have two HDMI inputs. How does the Directv receiver usually connect to a tv?

mathis388m
    Our main TV is the Furrion. The DirecTV connects to the furrion but the tv is not compatible directv remote. The radio/dvd player hooks up with A/V cables and NOT HDMI. The salesman stated it was surround sound which is not true. Sounds comes out of the speakers (all the speakers) when playing a DVD and not at any other time from the TV.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure it would be easier to go down to Best Buy and put a system together that would work. Too bad your salesman mislead you on the way it all works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain brother. Mine seems to be working but the picture quality is nowhere near HD and I'm spoiled in that aspect. I've already decided that most likely before this season is over it will all be replaced with something that meets my overly demanding taste in picture quality from the TV and sound quality from the rest of the set up. I've already replaced the indoor ceiling speakers and was a bit appalled by what was in there. Once I pulled them there was no doubt as to why the sound was so poor. Some folks don't care about the sound quality or picture quality, I'm not one of them but my wife is. She says she can't tell the difference between regular and HD where it's night and day to me.
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS #589
    Still working Electrical Engineer
    Rob, Maureen, Dakota, Jacob and Murphy the Lab
    JustinThyme (Just In Time) is a forum handle

mathis388m
    @J&G... True but shouldn't have too..

@justin... Fully agree, dont get me wrong, we are happy with the unit! just dont get the short cut when there are all the other upgrades within the unit, guess we will be spending a little more money.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this will help. I take my standard Direct tv receiver with us when we travel. I have it coded for a Phillips tv in my house. I just happened to turn on the reciever button on the controller and the Furrion tv came on
    "It's the journey that matters-not the destination."
    Ken & Suzi
    2013 2500HD Silvarado Duramax
    2015 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The code is 10054 that I used. Turns on the T V and controls the sound. Hope the code works for you if tried.
    "It's the journey that matters-not the destination."
    Ken & Suzi
    2013 2500HD Silvarado Duramax
    2015 303RLS

mathis388m
    Thx, will give it a shot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mathis388m View Post
    @J&G... True but shouldn't have too..

@justin... Fully agree, dont get me wrong, we are happy with the unit! just dont get the short cut when there are all the other upgrades within the unit, guess we will be spending a little more money.
    This is really nothing new for me. I put the RV in the same category as cars and I have yet to buy a car that didn't get a good makeover on the sound system. Even cars that were supposed to be premium sound packages. I'm a stickler for tonality and a good wide spectrum. I'm not happy if I can't hear every nuisance of every instrument or vocals. My wife couldn't hear the difference between tracks on a no highs no lows Bose system compared to the B&W speakers coupled to a high current Onkyo AVR that resides in my man cave. For me they are as different as the climates in Prudhoe Bay Alaska and Phuket Thailand.
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS #589
    Still working Electrical Engineer
    Rob, Maureen, Dakota, Jacob and Murphy the Lab
    JustinThyme (Just In Time) is a forum handle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast