User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Zluvangeleyez

Angry Think i made a mistake...

We purchased our 1st Grand Design 379FL and I am becoming more and more disappointed with it. How can so many things go wrong in just 5 short months??

Here is a summary of issues:

Water filter outside leaked.
    Hot water heater leaked.
    Back storage door has cracking in it.
    Awning lights burned out first time we used them.
    Awning will not close without assistance.
    The auto level would not work, had to be reset.
    Glass on table top was chipped. They replaced with a piece of glass that is now way to thin.
    Staples sticking up in the carpet in bedroom, living room & stairs (killer on the feet).
    Light switch broken in the kitchen. They put new switch in but now randomly makes popping noise.
    USB charger broken.
    Gas alarm goes off up to 5 times a night (some times every night, sometimes once a week).
    Recliner was torn, also would not recline or close properly (replaced twice) and still cant use center piece or attach the chairs because they do not line up properly.
    Trim falling off the wall in kitchen.
    Top & bottom drawers will not latch close in the bedroom.
    Shower fixtures peeled, new fixtures are rusting.
    Shower leaks, they fixed twice and still leaks.
    Dent in the kitchen floor from slide.
    Something rattles in kitchen floor on pantry side.
    Pantry door rubs and now has groves in it from screws.
    Screen door gets stuck to door.
    Rubber seal peeled back off entry door.
    Closet doors wouldn't close due to screws put in crooked.
    Bedroom door will not stay open and is hard to close.
    Bathroom vent fan keeps trying to crank close after it has already closed.
    When opening blinds they will not fold in the crease but rather pop out.
    and last but not least.....The mood lighting behind the tv...well they replaced the switches 3 times because they would not work. Now they have been on steady for a week and the switches or in the OFF position. However, we woke p this morning and they were off, but magically turned back on!! I fear leaving my RV everyday due to an electrical issue and we live in i full time.

I am sure there is something I am missing and most positive there is more to come. Feeling very frustrated because I thought we made the right decision going with Grand Design. I see a lot of people have as many, if not more, problems like we are having. I am debating if I should get in touch with an attorney or not.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is so frustrating to read about the problems some GD owners are having while others are seemingly defect free. Jim,you have had more than your fair share of problems. It just leaves us shaking our heads and wondering what gives? Three years ago we bought a Denali 5er by Dutchmen. We had a laundry list of things that went wrong within days of towing it home. We had over 30 significant problems that had to be fixed and the Denali spent more time in for repairs than it did at our home. When we did have it home we worried about using it for fear more things would go wrong and they did. We finally decided it wasn't worth the worry/frustration so we took a big loss on it and purchased the Reflection. We did that only after looking at several other makes,reading everything we could get our hands on about GD,and then making a thorough inspection of the rig. We have been fortunate so far and have had only minor issues, but it certainly makes us cringe when we read about other people's problems. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why this happens. All we know is we both feel badly for those who are having trouble. The one thing we do know is the people in their service dept are tops in our book, but even there,as Jim stated, that might not be the case when you're out of warranty and having to work through other channels. We just wish everyone who is having problems the very best and -if best wishes for resolution help -we are sending lots of them. Suzi-Ken
    "It's the journey that matters-not the destination."
    Ken & Suzi
    2013 2500HD Silvarado Duramax
    2015 303RLS

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zluvangeleyez View Post
    I am debating if I should get in touch with an attorney or not.
    If you have an unlimited amount of cash, then this is a possible route.

It will get you nothing except help to empty your pockets quickly.

There are no lemon laws on towable RV's, so the best route to go right now would be to get in touch with the guys at Grand Design directly, and have them actually fix your issues.

It sounds like your dealer is doing a pretty piss-poor job of it....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes trailers really need to go back to the factory for "rework".

I don't know how Grand Design can afford pay a dealer to to fix so many problems. My dealer's labor rate is $125 an hour. Ouch!

Zluvangeleyez
    I am just at a loss with this RV. The dealer has made repairs, some of them 3 or 4 times and I still am having problems. My mood lights have been on for 2 weeks still (even with the switch off). Today, for the first time, I decided to use the cd player and listen to music while I cleaned and the radio ate my cd!! I cant even get it to eject it. This is the radio that comes with the camper and is brand new. I think I am best to cut my loss and sell this POS. I work in a field where a lot of people live in rv's and although they say how beautiful mine is...I just smile cause all I want to do is tell them its junk! Going to put in the shop one more time and hope they figure out our wiring issues!!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see anywhere where you mention contacting GD directly.
    This company absolutely stands behind their units.
    Before you give up, you need to give them a call.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, sounds like you need to bypass the dealer, especially if they can't fix something multiple times.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Marc Hauser
    Zluvangeleyez,

I have tried to PM you several days ago after reading your first post, still have not heard from you? As I wrote in my message to you, please feel free to contact me directly as so I can try to intervene and expedite these repairs... As our GDRV Owner's know (and have stated in these threads), we take these issues very seriously and will do everything we can to assist... Again, my contact information will be listed below, please take a moment to call and lets get any of these issues resolved ASAP...

Best regards,

Marc Hauser
    General Manager
    Grand Design RV
    Cell: (951) 970-4975
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Marc Hauser; 01-09-2015 at 07:49 AM.

Zluvangeleyez
    Actually I have been in direct contact with GD. There latest solution to fixing my light problem is for me to pull the switch from the wall and disconnect it myself. I know it is because we are over an hour from a dealer to come fix it, but I am worried if I do this, then when I bring it in for repairs it will be on me for pulling it apart. I am in now way shape or form an electrician, but at this point I do not have much of a choice.

Zluvangeleyez
    Sorry Marc, I am new to the forum and did not get any notification that I had a pm. I have been dealing with someone at Grand Design, but I will give you a call.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast