Thread: Brave New Rally

Site Sponsor Torklift International's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brave New Rally

Hello fellow campers who wish they could go out and camp,
    We have attended many Grand Design rallies in person as we have been able to over the past couple years and this year is different - as we are all feeling the effects of it.
    We are in the process of planning a Virtual Rally catered to our friends at Grand Design.

We have put together a preliminary registration page to get started: Here

We are surveying rally masters and leaders right now on the best date that would work but we are shooting for early to mid-May to make this happen so this would be relatively soon.

As this is developing, we are planning a few different contests:

Cook Book Challenge: Submit your unique recipe to be shared in the 2020 Virtual Camping Rally Cook Book! Recipes will include a head shot and biography of each chef and the best recipe will be featured in a how-to video debuted at the virtual rally. Cook books are guaranteed to the first 100 rally registrants and all winners will get a copy of the cook book.

Owner's Group T-Shirt Design Contest: Do you have an exciting idea for a t-shirt design that is special just for your owner's group? If so, enter your design! You don't have to be a design pro - you can just send in a photo of a hand drawn design too. Best design wins a shirt plus they choose the charity of their choice that the proceeds will be directed to from shirt sales.

RV Calender Photo Contest: Send in your best photos of your RV to win a spot on a 2021 calender that will be made. A bio and description of the photo will also be featured. Photos will be displayed for voting during the virtual rally.

There are also several dealers across the US and Canada who are signing up to offer special discounts and promotional codes exclusive to people who attend the virtual rally.

We do hope to see you there. I have not had the opportunity to attend a rally in person in a while but I will be hosting the virtual event alongside participating rally masters and leaders who are also invited.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends,
    Candice
    Jasmyne Faborito

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torklift International View Post
    Hello fellow campers who wish they could go out and camp,
    We have attended many Grand Design rallies in person as we have been able to over the past couple years and this year is different - as we are all feeling the effects of it.
    We are in the process of planning a Virtual Rally catered to our friends at Grand Design.

We have put together a preliminary registration page to get started: Here

We are surveying rally masters and leaders right now on the best date that would work but we are shooting for early to mid-May to make this happen so this would be relatively soon.

As this is developing, we are planning a few different contests:

Cook Book Challenge: Submit your unique recipe to be shared in the 2020 Virtual Camping Rally Cook Book! Recipes will include a head shot and biography of each chef and the best recipe will be featured in a how-to video debuted at the virtual rally. Cook books are guaranteed to the first 100 rally registrants and all winners will get a copy of the cook book.

Owner's Group T-Shirt Design Contest: Do you have an exciting idea for a t-shirt design that is special just for your owner's group? If so, enter your design! You don't have to be a design pro - you can just send in a photo of a hand drawn design too. Best design wins a shirt plus they choose the charity of their choice that the proceeds will be directed to from shirt sales.

RV Calender Photo Contest: Send in your best photos of your RV to win a spot on a 2021 calender that will be made. A bio and description of the photo will also be featured. Photos will be displayed for voting during the virtual rally.

There are also several dealers across the US and Canada who are signing up to offer special discounts and promotional codes exclusive to people who attend the virtual rally.

We do hope to see you there. I have not had the opportunity to attend a rally in person in a while but I will be hosting the virtual event alongside participating rally masters and leaders who are also invited.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends,
    Candice
    One of my many talents is graphic design but I’m not in the habit of putting the work into a design to make someone else money.
    That being said, is 100% of the proceeds from shirt sales going to charity?
    If so, I’d be more than happy to submit some designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is a great way to "get outside" the box and enjoy some virtual friendship and laughs. Like all GD rallies it should be fun!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    One of my many talents is graphic design but I’m not in the habit of putting the work into a design to make someone else money.
    That being said, is 100% of the proceeds from shirt sales going to charity?
    If so, I’d be more than happy to submit some designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep! We found a t shirt company that actually handles the whole thing. We are not handling money or taking orders directly ourself, it would all be handled through a third party that actually makes the shirts
    Jasmyne Faborito

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Candice, great idea.

I went to sign up but didn't see this forum on the list of "Owner's Clubs". I saw the GD owned site, but not this one. So I wasn't sure what to do.

Do you want to differentiate between the two when we sign up or just leave it as 'we own a Grand Design'?

And I wasn't too sure who to list as the owner's club leader or rally master.

I'm going to sign up and it will be for the Grand Design folks. Just wasn't sure how to complete those blanks.

Thanks for setting this up!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Candice, great idea.

I went to sign up but didn't see this forum on the list of "Owner's Clubs". I saw the GD owned site, but not this one. So I wasn't sure what to do.
    I thought It just said Grand Design owners, not specified to a forum.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I thought It just said Grand Design owners, not specified to a forum.
    oh - never mind

I registered. This time it didn't ask me for club leader or rally master either.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I registered.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for registering and I am sorry for the delay in response, the rally will be for folks who own a Grand Design so you will see that people from different GD owners groups will be invited to the same rally. We should have a date here soon. It seems like what folks are looking for is something after 5pm on a weekday or during an afternoon time period on a weekend. What do you all think who have registered - what would work best for you all?
    Jasmyne Faborito

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torklift International View Post
    Yep! We found a t shirt company that actually handles the whole thing. We are not handling money or taking orders directly ourself, it would all be handled through a third party that actually makes the shirts
    You didn't mention the charities that would be receiving the donations...
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast