User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took delivery a month ago but when I saw how little room we had for addt’l weight, I started researching upgrades. I had already put the RoadArmor/wetbolt/shackle & elec over hydraulic disc brake conversion on my list. What options do we have on the 2500RL for handling a max of 8k, a 1k increase? I would think the chassis itself would handle that ok. If this has already been addressed, please point me. Using the dumbphone, limited scope.
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    I'm about to install the cre3000/wet bolts on my 2020 2500rl as well. I did the qualifier and it looks fine. For those of you that did this on your 2500rl, did you notice any increase in ride height? If so how much? That would be welcome to me as I have quick connect plates on my rear stabilizers which I have to remove to back up my driveway now. Not enough of a hassle to raise the suspension but if I get something with the 3000 that would be great.
    Answering my own question: looks like I added about 3/4 to 1 inch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbergthold View Post
    We took delivery a month ago but when I saw how little room we had for addt’l weight, I started researching upgrades. I had already put the RoadArmor/wetbolt/shackle & elec over hydraulic disc brake conversion on my list. What options do we have on the 2500RL for handling a max of 8k, a 1k increase? I would think the chassis itself would handle that ok. If this has already been addressed, please point me. Using the dumbphone, limited scope.
    I don't know for sure but I doubt there is anything you can do to make it legal to drive it overweight. The gvwr sticker on the trailer is probably the governing factor. Also the axles are 3500lb so not a lot of room there either. I think storing more stuff in the back of the truck is the best approach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbergthold View Post
    I’m confused. Your 2500RL and our 2600RB are not that much different other than the floor plan. Were almost the same length (within 1 in.) and pretty much the same factory supplied stuff inside. Our GVWR is 7,850 lbs., UVW is 6,078 lbs., with a cargo weight limit of 1,732 lbs.

Don’t understand why you need another 1k rating to get to 8k or what you would be carrying as cargo that would get you to 8k.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd be surprised at all the shoes, jackets and purses my DW has and how that would weight. Lol

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    I’m confused. Your 2500RL and our 2600RB are not that much different other than the floor plan. Were almost the same length (within 1 in.) and pretty much the same factory supplied stuff inside. Our GVWR is 7,850 lbs., UVW is 6,078 lbs., with a cargo weight limit of 1,732 lbs.

Don’t understand why you need another 1k rating to get to 8k or what you would be carrying as cargo that would get you to 8k.
    I do think the axles are different between the 2500rl and the 2600RB. 3500 on the 2500RL and 4400 on the 2600RB. GVWR on the 2500RL is right around 7500.
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think the axles are different between the 2500rl and the 2600RB. 3500 on the 2500RL and 4400 on the 2600RB. GVWR on the 2500RL is right around 7500.
    Are you sure? Seems I recall reading in this forum that the axles on thev2600RB were upgraded sometime in 2018 to 4,400 lb axles. Would make little sense to upgrade the 2600RB axle and NOT the 2500RL based on there being almost identical except for the floor plan arrangement.

Would love to see mbergthold’s weight rating decal.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    Are you sure? Seems I recall reading in this forum that the axles on thev2600RB were upgraded sometime in 2018 to 4,400 lb axles. Would make little sense to upgrade the 2600RB axle and NOT the 2500RL based on there being almost identical except for the floor plan arrangement.

Would love to see mbergthold’s weight rating decal.
    I have a 2020 2500RL and my axles are 3500 lbs. You can also look it up on the grand design parts lookup page. Perhaps the 2600RB is a bit heavier in the back than the 2500RL ? This is getting pretty far off of the original topic though...
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 2500RL and my axles are 3500 lbs. You can also look it up on the grand design parts lookup page. Perhaps the 2600RB is a bit heavier in the back than the 2500RL ? This is getting pretty far off of the original topic though...
    Thanks for the info and pointing to the GD parts page. I did not know that existed. The info there appears to controdict what little I thought I knew about trailer weights, axles, and basic mechanical design.

You’re right in that this drifted from the original topic. Some forum topics tend to do that. I may start another thread on this to facilitate discusion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our weight info sheet says GAWR per axle 3500, all axles 7000. Would GD certify a higher GVWR if they upgraded the axles? Does GD offer any after-sale upgrades to anything? Regardless, I’d like to make whatever mods will make the suspension stronger. Knowing how we pack, 1,339#s avail w/empty tanks won’t go very far, even with minimal water. The F150 has Firestone bags & a shell, so heavy stuff can stay off the trailer. I hope to replace it w/an F350 in two years, so TV shouldn’t ever be an issue for us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast