User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Road Armor fit on 2021 RL2500

Would like to upgrade to the road armor. There is difference in equalizer length vs stock. Do I just use the longer shackles? Have appointment to get this done, just need to order parts. AFter a call with Lippert, they were suggesting road armor would not work. If not Road Armor, is there an upgrade that fits the 2500RL?

Thanks

Joe

Joe & Julie Spiess
    2021 Imagine RL2500
    2017 F-150 XLT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J2Cyclones View Post
    Would like to upgrade to the road armor. There is difference in equalizer length vs stock. Do I just use the longer shackles? Have appointment to get this done, just need to order parts. AFter a call with Lippert, they were suggesting road armor would not work. If not Road Armor, is there an upgrade that fits the 2500?
    ETrailer said the Road Armor #LC696740 & Lippert AP kit (wet bolts & shackles) #LC52SV work for our 2021 2500RL. I ordered, will install before summer. I also got one X bar, for between the center pivot. If I convert to disc brakes, would like to put x bars on the other 2 spring mounts.
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark,
    Thanks for the information. I think my mistake was thinking I had to stay with 2.25 inch shanks.
    Looking at disk brakes and potentially roadmaster shocks. Decided to see how the equalizer upgrade does before additional upgrades.

Thanks for your family's service. I am a USAF veteran.

Thanks
    Joe
    Joe & Julie Spiess

2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2017 F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 3.5L Eco Boost, Equalizer II Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark,
    Thanks for the information. I think my mistake was thinking I had to stay with 2.25 inch shanks.
    Looking at disk brakes and potentially roadmaster shocks. Decided to see how the equalizer upgrade does before additional upgrades.

Thanks for your family's service. I am a USAF veteran.

Thanks
    Joe
    You're very welcome, Joe. The only thing that didn't come with the wet bolt kit was brass bushings for all 4 springs. I've read that the original bushings don't last very long, so I'll be asking eTrailer if they carry them.
    Mark
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 2018 2500rl, I ended up going with Road Armor kit. On the way to RV shop to have it installed, got a huge bubble in one of the original tires. So purchased new Goodyear Endurance tires, same size as originals. After the install of Road Armor and tires, the ride was smoother, however, the clearance between the frame and the top of my tire is only about 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 inches on all four tires! We are only weekend campers right now, but I know this is not good. I can see a bit of rubbing on the frame and have only brought it back from the dealer and went out once about 10 miles from home. Sorry, pretty novice at this. Is there a way for me to get more clearance? I believe at least 3 inches is needed. I did verify with Lippert that the right shackles were used. Not sure if I have swap out Road Armor or what my options are to get more clearance. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I tried to search the forum prior to this post, but didn't find anything closer than this thread. Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would like to upgrade to the road armor. There is difference in equalizer length vs stock. Do I just use the longer shackles? Have appointment to get this done, just need to order parts. AFter a call with Lippert, they were suggesting road armor would not work. If not Road Armor, is there an upgrade that fits the 2500RL?

Thanks

Joe

Joe & Julie Spiess
    2021 Imagine RL2500
    2017 F-150 XLT
    Yes all you need are the longer shackles. I just did mine last weekend and all went well. Well besides the old bolts being over torqued to the point the threads on different bolts were twisted off just I could get them off.
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2019 Ram Rebel

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234