User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 2500RL MORryde 3000 Install

I downloaded the qualifier for this system. Because I have the TT leveled with blocks in my driveway my wheels are not sitting flat. I call MORryde and they said it should fit but to be sure that I should hook up the trailer and tow to a flat surface. Looks like that most dimensions will work. They are really close. Has anybody installed one of these yet ? Trying not to disconnect everything and look for a parking lot that is relatively flat if posibile.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might look at Lippert's system. I've used the MORryde system and have found towing is smoother with the Lippert. If you were to go with the Lippert, wet bolts must be purchased separately.

I also had an issue with the rubber shock mounting in the MORryde system started to tear. Just to be clear, the MORryde system was on another (2016 Jayco Jayflight 212QBW) which was about 800 lbs lighter than the 2020 Imagine 2600RB we have the Lippert system on.

I installed the MORryde system on the Jayco myself. If you are thinking about it, you have to be on a flat surface. You need to support the trailer frame on jackstands, I'd recommend having an impact wrench, torque wrench, and mark the wet bolts so you know exactly where the grease ports is on the bolts. I marked my bolts with a sharpie to make sure I installed them so the ports will be at 90 degrees to the ground when installed. If they are vertical (pointed up or down) you will not be able to force grease into the bolts.

I took 2 days (1 day per side) and total time was about 5 hours. You might want to consider having a RV shop do the install. I had me dealer install the Lippert system on the 2600. Their labor was about 3 hours total (they have the tools and proper supports to lift and work under the trailer.
    Last edited by more tired since retired; 04-20-2020 at 08:38 PM.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    You might look at Lippert's system. I've used the MORryde system and have found towing is smoother with the Lippert. If you were to go with the Lippert, wet bolts must be purchased separately.

I also had an issue with the rubber shock mounting in the MORryde system started to tear. Just to be clear, the MORryde system was on another (2016 Jayco Jayflight 212QBW) which was about 800 lbs lighter than the 2020 Imagine 2600RB we have the Lippert system on.

I installed the MORryde system on the Jayco myself. If you are thinking about it, you have to be on a flat surface. You need to support the trailer frame on jackstands, I'd recommend having an impact wrench, torque wrench, and mark the wet bolts so you know exactly where the grease ports is on the bolts. I marked my bolts with a sharpie to make sure I installed them so the ports will be at 90 degrees to the ground when installed. If they are vertical (pointed up or down) you will not be able to force grease into the bolts.

I took 2 days (1 day per side) and total time was about 5 hours. You might want to consider having a RV shop do the install. I had me dealer install the Lippert system on the 2600. Their labor was about 3 hours total (they have the tools and proper supports to lift and work under the trailer.
    Any experience with the Equa-Flex?
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking at purchasing either a 2020 or 2021 Imagine 2500RL. From my research, the suspension is the weak link, and plan on an upgrade.
    Grand Design told me that they have switched to Dexter 3500 lb axle and suspension systems. Although GD said in his opinion the stock suspension is fine for most owners, he wouldn't fault me for doing an upgrade. But, didn't have a recommendation. With that said, can you tell me the Lippert system you installed, and did it include shocks? Have you found the 3500 Dexter axle to be sufficient?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
    I am looking at purchasing either a 2020 or 2021 Imagine 2500RL. From my research, the suspension is the weak link, and plan on an upgrade.
    Grand Design told me that they have switched to Dexter 3500 lb axle and suspension systems. Although GD said in his opinion the stock suspension is fine for most owners, he wouldn't fault me for doing an upgrade. But, didn't have a recommendation. With that said, can you tell me the Lippert system you installed, and did it include shocks? Have you found the 3500 Dexter axle to be sufficient?
    I went with the MORryde 3000 with the heavy duty wet bolt kit. All seems to be working fine. Yes it does appear to ride much better but most of the roads in Florida (Interstates) they are much smoother than the roads in Indiana from where I came from. There is no hope for the roads up north. My thought is if the MORryde fails I will install the Lippert system. As far as the axels go my motto is "travel lite travel right" With that said the stock axles should be fine. Better hurry on you purchase with your trailer. They can't keep them in the lots down here. They are selling before the paint drys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottld View Post
    I went with the MORryde 3000 with the heavy duty wet bolt kit. All seems to be working fine. Yes it does appear to ride much better but most of the roads in Florida (Interstates) they are much smoother than the roads in Indiana from where I came from. There is no hope for the roads up north. My thought is if the MORryde fails I will install the Lippert system. As far as the axels go my motto is "travel lite travel right" With that said the stock axles should be fine. Better hurry on you purchase with your trailer. They can't keep them in the lots down here. They are selling before the paint drys.
    I went to my local service dealer and was told the MORryde 3000 would not fit on our 2018 2500RL. I have not had the chance to do the measurements myself, but maybe soon. Literally my next upgrade that I want is for suspension! Did you go through a dealer or do it yourself? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraze View Post
    I went to my local service dealer and was told the MORryde 3000 would not fit on our 2018 2500RL. I have not had the chance to do the measurements myself, but maybe soon. Literally my next upgrade that I want is for suspension! Did you go through a dealer or do it yourself? Any suggestions are appreciated!
    My suggestion is for you to call Gary Wheeler or Ryan Holmes at MORryde. Go to the source for facts, not second and third hand. MORryde makes more figments than you ever see widely advertised. If you can wait and make it to a rally, you can enjoy dealer pricing direct.

Interesting to see folks in this line wanting to go Lippert. In the 5ers we go to MORryde and ditch the Lippert.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the Moryde or lippert raise the camper at all? I need about a 1” lift to match my TV height.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CRE 3000 fit our 2019 2500RL just fine. It has the 3" 3500lb axles and I upgraded to 2500lb springs when I put the CRE 3000 on, but didn't have to.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about to install the cre3000/wet bolts on my 2020 2500rl as well. I did the qualifier and it looks fine. For those of you that did this on your 2500rl, did you notice any increase in ride height? If so how much? That would be welcome to me as I have quick connect plates on my rear stabilizers which I have to remove to back up my driveway now. Not enough of a hassle to raise the suspension but if I get something with the 3000 that would be great.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast