User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    This is what I had in my email history w.r.t. my V bracket install at LCI.

You received a voice mail from Tommy Hemminger.

Job Title: OEM Service Technician
    Company: LCI Plant 82 - Service
    Work: +1 574-537-8900
    Mobile: +1 574-524-5273
    Email: [email protected]

and

"Thank you I am assigning this case over to Josh Northam who schedules our in house appointments."

-Steve
    thanks, I'll shoot him an email.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broken leaf spring hangers

Quote Originally Posted by Poneill675 View Post
    Our 2019 Reflection 303RLS (mfg. 6/2018) had both rear leaf spring hangers break off the frame a couple months ago. Had a local spring shop repair and reinforce both. LCI is picking up the tab.
    Attachment 30465Attachment 30466
    Thanks for posting.
    We are looking at new GD 303. This spring hanger issue could be the deal breaker for us. Our current trailer ORV ( Northwood) does not have a frame made by lippert. It’s built in house. Shock absorbers are installed as standard equipment.
    Has any GD owners on the forum, irrespective of model, had to have their spring hangers repaired?
    I hope this an isolated incident....me thinks not.

It would appear if Lippert had a fix for the problem.. they knew it was a issue.

Is anyone aware if this issue was or has been reported to NHTSA | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration or Transport Canada.

Will check to see if Lippert or GD issued any safety adversaries.

This is just not a quality assurance issue it’s a public safety issue and a potential deal breaker for me.

It’s how it’s built with a good foundation...not how it’s decorated.

Thnaks in advance for your response.

Mul..

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent had to have my spring hangers repaired. But I am going to re enforce them in a couple weeks as soon as the weather breaks. One of our first trips is to Carlisle Pa. I want to get this done before that trip in April. I have been to Niagara Falls and Nova Scotia, so I do have some miles on the camper. Its a 303 btw.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by House_of_Henniker View Post
    I havent had to have my spring hangers repaired. But I am going to re enforce them in a couple weeks as soon as the weather breaks. One of our first trips is to Carlisle Pa. I want to get this done before that trip in April. I have been to Niagara Falls and Nova Scotia, so I do have some miles on the camper. Its a 303 btw.

Many Thanks... what year is your unit?
    just wondering why you are reinforcing them? Is this under warranty? Goodwill from GD?
    The “ Spring Hanger” issue on the 303 is a real concern for us in our purchasing process. We like the layout.
    Mull

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is an 18. We bought it new. I am reinforcing them from what I have learned here on this site. There is a thread that is very long. I sat down one night and read it all. I have also watched a couple youtube videos that really show the side to side flexing. someone mounted a camera by the shackles and took it for a ride. That was an eye opener. I rather get ahead of the situation than find myself stranded somewhere. I am going to fabricate my own brackets.

I haven't decided yet weather I am going to make the v brackets like lippert supplies, or box the shackles in. Right now I am leaning towards boxing in the shacles. I was thinking of adding a cross brace and adding a gusset also, but that might be overkill.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-Spring-Hanger!

Good read if you have an hour or two.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-Spring-Hanger!

Good read if you have an hour or two.
    Yes it is....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Ours is an 18. We bought it new. I am reinforcing them from what I have learned here on this site. There is a thread that is very long. I sat down one night and read it all. I have also watched a couple youtube videos that really show the side to side flexing. someone mounted a camera by the shackles and took it for a ride. That was an eye opener. I rather get ahead of the situation than find myself stranded somewhere. I am going to fabricate my own brackets.

I haven't decided yet weather I am going to make the v brackets like lippert supplies, or box the shackles in. Right now I am leaning towards boxing in the shacles. I was thinking of adding a cross brace and adding a gusset also, but that might be overkill.

Thanks for the reply.
    I emailed GD regarding the spring hanger issue. Their response is they will review each case on an individual basis. There will be no recall. If this was me I would ask them to fix it or some reimbursement.

I got my hands slapped from GD for attaching a GD email that was posted on this site regarding this issue.

Take care..keep smiling

Mulligan

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem. Good luck.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234