Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finding an awning shade.

We would like to add a shade to our awning but with the track lights in the awning slot what's out there we can use? It seems that add-on awnings depend on that slot in the awning roller to install. Is there a shade out there that attaches differently?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the website below. Carefree offers one that works with their awnings as well as all the others. They're really nice!

https://www.e-carefree.com/ecarefree...o=n&action=cfg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a 2nd slot in the roller that the shade will fit into. Check out VistaShade from ShadePRO: http://www.shadepro.net/product/Shad...hade_drop.html

We purchased the 15ft wide one with an 8 foot drop last March from ShadePRO. We use it all the time and love it. Price was good, shipping included, support was good, and it arrived sooner than estimated. It is really good quality (thick material) and a lot cheaper than the one from "Carefree" It's easy to install and use.

Ours has a 2 foot screen panel that installs in the roller tube and stays there permanently. The 6 foot panel zips on and of very easy.

Notes on installation. Regardless of which shade accessory you buy, the Carefree awning (installed on our Solitude) has a few issues that makes installation a little tricky and was confusing until we found out that the awning is tapered.
    1) Carefree did not make a slot on the electric awning head at the end of the awning tube. You have to bend the nylon cord with the screen insert around the head to insert it into the awning roller slot. Just feed it slowly and it will work. The good thing is that once it's installed, you never have to do it again because the top screen insert rolls up with your awning when you travel
    2) Make sure to position the screen insert so that the front awning edge covers the shade insert to prevent the wind from catching it when in transit
    3) The Carefree awning width tapers down by about 6 inches at the awning roller tube. The Carefree awning width is 15ft on my Solitude where it connects to the trailer wall at the top and then tapers down to approximately 14'-6" at the roller tube. Make sure to align the shade insert with the leading edge of the awning material at the top of your trailer otherwise it will catch the wind when you travel dow the road and it will probably damage it
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPS® Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I to have a VistaShade from Shadepro and it works great I like that it is in two pieces we had the threat of thunder storms and high winds the other day so I unzipped the bottom put up the awning folded the bottom part and put it away and it took about 5 minutes and I was sitting down with a beer. Really nice setup.
    2006 Ram 3500 Maxi Cab 4X4 w/ 5.9L Cummins H/O Common Rail Turbo Diesel :o
    2014 Solitude 305RE #428 owned for 1 year Loved it :cool:
    2014 Solitude 368RD with Rear Table and Chairs #555 this is our current 5th wheel :confused:

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks, I did find the second slot. Now for a little research.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same installation question on our 2019 384gkr. We bought a tentproinc for our 18 ft awning. My question - is it possible or advisable to leave the shade attached when retracting the awning?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does power run to the LED lighting on the awning bar?
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach