Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eTrailer pre-greased hub assembly and electric brakes

Has anyone installed the pregreased hub assembly on their TT ? eTrailer has these for sale @ $60 ea. I figure it would save quite a bit of time when replacing these things. I'm just wondering if they are any good.

Here's the link to the product page:
    https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hub...-545-35-K.html

Also is anyone using etrailer branded electric brakes?
    https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Bra...BRK-35-SA.html

The reviews on these products appear to be mainly pretty solid, but then again this is their website so who knows if these reviews can be trusted.

Thanks

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't buy new hubs each time I needed to do a bearing repack. The ones you linked were for 3500lb axles and that price is each, not per pair. For the larger axles the prices are closer to $100 per hub, and if you have 6 hubs like me, I can tell you the time saving is not anywhere close to $600 for me.

The only time saving is inspecting/repacking the bearing and removing and installing the new grease seal. Other than that, same amount of work, not to mention you would need to adjust all your brakes for the new hubs and you dont know what the new bearings are greased with, or if they were even greased properly (a very realistic concern given the history of the over greased axles delivered by LCI a few years ago, search the forum if you are unfamiliar with the issue).

A new set of grease seals and the grease needed for a repack has a fairly low cost associated with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 04-22-2020 at 12:54 AM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I wouldn't buy new hubs each time I needed to do a bearing repack. The ones you linked were for 3500lb axles and that price is each, not per pair. For the larger axles the prices are closer to $100 per hub, and if you have 6 hubs like me, I can tell you the time saving is not anywhere close to $600 for me.

The only time saving is inspecting/repacking the bearing and removing and installing the new grease seal. Other than that, same amount of work, not to mention you would need to adjust all your brakes for the new hubs and you dont know what the new bearings are greased with, or if they were even greased properly (a very realistic concern given the history of the over greased axles delivered by LCI a few years ago, search the forum if you are unfamiliar with the issue).

A new set of grease seals and the grease needed for a repack has a fairly low cost associated with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    In my case it's still cheaper to just get these then dropping it off at a shop. The guy quoted me 200 plus parts, so probably $300-$350 out the door. I'll probably just get the set of bearings and grease and start working on this over the weekend.