User Tag List

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryancass View Post
    With 6 adults total at our camp site, I'd be driving into West Yellowstone every other day to visit the dumping station. ;-)
    you might consider a mascerator/pump and a tank in the back of your pickup in that case. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39006-P.../dp/B07K8NK525
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    you might consider a mascerator/pump and a tank in the back of your pickup in that case. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39006-P.../dp/B07K8NK525
    Yes, I've seen those. But I'm still trying to avoid it if possible... and it seems possible at Yellowstone. :-)
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reservations made at Rainbow Point for 8/6-8/13. Should be a good trip. Let me know if anyone here will be in Yellowstone in that week and we can meet up.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reservations made at Rainbow Point for 8/6-8/13. Should be a good trip. Let me know if anyone here will be in Yellowstone in that week and we can meet up.
    We plan to do Yellowstone but don't arrive until the 15th.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear you get gouged pretty bad traveling I90 from NY to Chicago. Is there a way to avoid the $100+ toll each way without spending much more time going through towns and local traffic?
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are headed to Yellowstone in the 3rd week in August to the 2nd week in September. First stopping in Jackson and Grand Tetons.
    We will be seeing everything with minimal tourists, what a great opportunity. So far, to date, it appears everything is open.

Making Base camp in West Yellowstone, MT gives you several campgrounds with full hookups. It also gives you a good entry to the park. There is Grizzly Campground and 2 KOA's just outside the park.
    At this time there is no full hookups within the park. Fishing Bridge, which is in the park has full hookups but it is currently closed for renovations and not due to open till late September 2021 and may get further pushed back with it's open date due to COVID-19.

Cody isn't on the wrong side of the park. It's far from most of the parks features. Also the travel is most difficult.

If you are coming from the east you will likely come across 80 then up 191, then up through the park. Going this way can stop or stay at the Tetons. Many would recommend on NOT missing out on this park since you are already there.
    If you want to get right to base camp, most people go around the park via Utah to West Yellowstone MT, unless you wish to adventure into the park with your RV.
    The other alternative is 80 then up through SD and up and over the park, through Montana.

This link has a wealth of information, 2020 Yellowstone Resources and Issues Handbook: 2020, it's got more info in it than you could imagine.
    The roads and trail section will let you know what type of drive to expect.
    The Welcome, Park Facts, and Frequently Asked Questions is a great place to start.

https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/resources-and-issues.htm
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoJoSo View Post
    We are headed to Yellowstone in the 3rd week in August to the 2nd week in September. First stopping in Jackson and Grand Tetons.
    We will be seeing everything with minimal tourists, what a great opportunity. So far, to date, it appears everything is open.

Making Base camp in West Yellowstone, MT gives you several campgrounds with full hookups. It also gives you a good entry to the park. There is Grizzly Campground and 2 KOA's just outside the park.
    At this time there is no full hookups within the park. Fishing Bridge, which is in the park has full hookups but it is currently closed for renovations and not due to open till late September 2021 and may get further pushed back with it's open date due to COVID-19.

Cody isn't on the wrong side of the park. It's far from most of the parks features. Also the travel is most difficult.

If you are coming from the east you will likely come across 80 then up 191, then up through the park. Going this way can stop or stay at the Tetons. Many would recommend on NOT missing out on this park since you are already there.
    If you want to get right to base camp, most people go around the park via Utah to West Yellowstone MT, unless you wish to adventure into the park with your RV.
    The other alternative is 80 then up through SD and up and over the park, through Montana.

This link has a wealth of information, 2020 Yellowstone Resources and Issues Handbook: 2020, it's got more info in it than you could imagine.
    The roads and trail section will let you know what type of drive to expect.
    The Welcome, Park Facts, and Frequently Asked Questions is a great place to start.

https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/resources-and-issues.htm
    When you drive from PA, do you take I90 to Chicago? What's the toll situation when towing a trailer -- around $100 each way? Any routes that are reasonable without the tolls?
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you drive from PA, do you take I90 to Chicago? What's the toll situation when towing a trailer -- around $100 each way? Any routes that are reasonable without the tolls?
    I will be coming across PA via 80, unfortunately OH and IN there will be tolls. Not sure what the tolls will be in an RV. I haven't researched the cost and not sure if RV Trip Wizard will calculate the toll.
    I do know it will cost us $20 to stay overnight at the Portage Service Plaza in OH. They have hook ups at this plaza.
    Last edited by RoJoSo; 07-12-2020 at 09:09 PM. Reason: add info
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may want to invest in an EZPass or similar. I drive the Ohio Turnpike to my office (well did until Covid) and the savings were significant. The rate of the pass was about 20% less than the cash rate. I also used my EZPass to get through Illinois and other states. Only one it did not work in was Missouri. I worked for PNC in Pittsburgh and my EZPass worked in PA, so I'd hazard to guess the PA version will work in the above situations. Beats stopping and muddling around with cash or credit card.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    You may want to invest in an EZPass or similar. I drive the Ohio Turnpike to my office (well did until Covid) and the savings were significant. The rate of the pass was about 20% less than the cash rate. I also used my EZPass to get through Illinois and other states. Only one it did not work in was Missouri. I worked for PNC in Pittsburgh and my EZPass worked in PA, so I'd hazard to guess the PA version will work in the above situations. Beats stopping and muddling around with cash or credit card.
    Yes, I have EZ Pass already. They don't have toll booths any more (I think), so it's either EZ Pass or they get your license number and bill you. Now that they can capture your license plate and send a bill, politicians figured out that toll roads are a painless (for them) way to finance their pet projects. So I expect most highways will become toll roads into the future.

So no other alternatives to I90 or I80 through to Chicago? Westward from Chicago I believe the highways are toll free for now.
    Last edited by bryancass; 07-13-2020 at 07:23 AM.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast