User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you havent seen it, Montanna is opening up their entrances to Yellowstone on 6/1. Whew, I'm glad, we have mid-June and early September reservations at Grizzly RV park, I hope Yellowstone stays open.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    If you havent seen it, Montanna is opening up their entrances to Yellowstone on 6/1. Whew, I'm glad, we have mid-June and early September reservations at Grizzly RV park, I hope Yellowstone stays open.

That's great news. I see from satellite photos that Grizzly RV Park looks like a parking lot for campers. Are there any more 'natural' campgrounds around Yellowstone that are in wooded areas? I am used to state park camping and really like to feel like I'm in the woods rather than in a RV park. We wanted to make a trip to Yellowstone this year, but shutdowns killed that idea. Maybe next year?

Thanks!
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryancass View Post
    That's great news. I see from satellite photos that Grizzly RV Park looks like a parking lot for campers. Are there any more 'natural' campgrounds around Yellowstone that are in wooded areas? I am used to state park camping and really like to feel like I'm in the woods rather than in a RV park. We wanted to make a trip to Yellowstone this year, but shutdowns killed that idea. Maybe next year?

Thanks!
    I'm sure there are more natural areas. We've never been there before, I've lived on the East Coast my whole life and we moved to Idaho last summer. It does look like a parking lot, but it is very close to the park entrance. We really didnt want a place where we had to drive 30-40 minutes just to get to Yellowstone. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm too big for any of the in-park campgrounds (if there are any, I dont recall), we are 43'+ so it limits us at some of the smaller RV parks/campgrounds.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, OK that makes sense. There is one campground in the park (Fishing Bridge) that has electricity (my wife needs a CPAP to sleep). But it's closed until next year for renovation. I am hoping we can get a spot there for next August, but I have no idea how soon I should reserve a spot. I am guessing it fills up quickly, and next year probably even faster.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!
    We stayed at Rainbow Point, an ACOE campground in the forest just north of West Yellowstone. It was a beautiful basecamp.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190624_202648.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	26878

Jim
    Last edited by jh.xsnrg; 06-01-2020 at 08:31 AM. Reason: better with pictures
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, OK that makes sense. There is one campground in the park (Fishing Bridge) that has electricity (my wife needs a CPAP to sleep). But it's closed until next year for renovation. I am hoping we can get a spot there for next August, but I have no idea how soon I should reserve a spot. I am guessing it fills up quickly, and next year probably even faster.
    Fishing bridge has the benefit of being in the park, but it is a total RV parking lot with no space between campers. Grizzly certainly isn't in the forest, but they do connect to a really nice hiking path (I took our dogs on it daily) and at least there's a little space.
    Ussuri Bruin (and his owners)
    2014 Ram Laramie Mega Cab 3500 DRW
    24K Pull-Rite SuperGlide Hitch
    2015 Momentum 380TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrp75_CO View Post
    Fishing bridge has the benefit of being in the park, but it is a total RV parking lot with no space between campers. Grizzly certainly isn't in the forest, but they do connect to a really nice hiking path (I took our dogs on it daily) and at least there's a little space.
    Ew, yeah. That doesn't sound great. I'll check into jh's idea of Rainbow Point and other wooded campground close by.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    We stayed at Rainbow Point, an ACOE campground in the forest just north of West Yellowstone. It was a beautiful basecamp.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190624_202648.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	26878

Jim
    Just looked at Rainbow Point and it looks like the campsites would be pretty tight for a 30" trailer. They may be pretty conservative in their listing of site lengths,

I just made 2021 Yellowstone reservations today and Fishing Bridge is scheduled for opening Sept 2021. I wouldn't bet on that as last year they said 2019.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I didn't know you could reserve space more than 1 year ahead of time. And... I guess Fishing Bridge is out next year too.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Just looked at Rainbow Point and it looks like the campsites would be pretty tight for a 30" trailer. They may be pretty conservative in their listing of site lengths,

I just made 2021 Yellowstone reservations today and Fishing Bridge is scheduled for opening Sept 2021. I wouldn't bet on that as last year they said 2019.
    I'm looking at Rainbow Point right now, and there are lots of sites open at that campground. You would think it would be sold out for this summer already. I wonder what's going on...people not camping because of COVID-19? I'd like to make a reservation there in the second half of August this year if I can. I could use that campground as a home base to explore Yellowstone park.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast