User Tag List

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryancass View Post
    Yes, I have EZ Pass already. They don't have toll booths any more (I think), do it's either EZ Pass or they get your license number and bill you. Now that they can capture your license plate and send a bill, politicians figured out that toll roads are a painless (for them) way to finance their pet projects. So I expect most highways will become toll roads into the future.

So no other alternatives to I90 or I80 through to Chicago? Westward from Chicago I believe the highways are toll free for now.
    Be aware, at least in my experience that the turnpike authority will also tack on a citation if your states turnpike does not have reciprocal privileges. I was mailed with a $70 charge for a $6:00 till in Kansas since my EZpass didn’t work on the K-TAG network. I had to call and do the “ask for forgiveness” to get it reduced to the normal toll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    You may want to invest in an EZPass or similar. I drive the Ohio Turnpike to my office (well did until Covid) and the savings were significant. The rate of the pass was about 20% less than the cash rate. I also used my EZPass to get through Illinois and other states. Only one it did not work in was Missouri. I worked for PNC in Pittsburgh and my EZPass worked in PA, so I'd hazard to guess the PA version will work in the above situations. Beats stopping and muddling around with cash or credit card.
    Yes, I have EZ PASS, makes life easier, and significantly cheaper tolls using EZ PASS. The PA Tolls are closed. They capture your plate and mail you an invoice.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    Be aware, at least in my experience that the turnpike authority will also tack on a citation if your states turnpike does not have reciprocal privileges. I was mailed with a $70 charge for a $6:00 till in Kansas since my EZpass didn’t work on the K-TAG network. I had to call and do the “ask for forgiveness” to get it reduced to the normal toll.

Would be nice if it all was just standardized.
    That would make to much sense and simple. DAH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be at Colter Bay in the Tetons 8/1 thru 8/14....will be in Yellowstone on day trips.
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ed,
    I have two pieces of advice. The first is DO NOT rush your trip. Yellowstone is a magical place full of sites you have never seen before or will see anywhere else. I have been half a dozen times and each time I see something that amazes me. The last trip was a bison herd crossing the highway, two Big Horn rams duking it out in the middle of the road, and two black bears in a pine tree with about 50 insane tourists right under them. You will come across ridges in the early morning and see a valley full of steam, and see pools with every color in the rainbow brighter than you ever imagined. If you allow less than two weeks, you will be doing yourself wrong. The second thing is become very familiar with the campsites in and around the park. In many, you cannot make reservations, it's first come first served. However, these are also the best campgrounds. Familiarize yourself with the campgrounds just outside the part as well. And also, avoid the park in the end of June and first of July, for the simple reason that everyone else in the US is there at that time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately we had to cancel our trip to Teton and Yellowstone. The trip of a lifetime and a dream of mine, along with my 50th birthday, actually today.
    I was hospitalized with kidney stones last friday. The doctors were unable to get a laser up and around to blast the three stones, 2, 3, and 5cm stones.
    So I now have a stent in anda 2nd surgery scheduled for the 14th. Dream shattered!
    Now, we are planning 3 weeks somewhere in late Sept or early Oct if all goes well. The wife says she wants to go somewhere warm, and that is all she left me with.
    What a great 50th Birthday!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear it. Hopefully you get well soon and can try again next year!

Ussuri Bruin (and his owners)
    2014 Ram Laramie Mega Cab 3500 DRW
    24K Pull-Rite SuperGlide Hitch
    2015 Momentum 380TH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrp75_CO View Post
    Sorry to hear it. Hopefully you get well soon and can try again next year!

Thank you @wrp75_CO
    Greatly Appreciated.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoJoSo View Post
    Unfortunately we had to cancel our trip to Teton and Yellowstone. The trip of a lifetime and a dream of mine, along with my 50th birthday, actually today.
    I was hospitalized with kidney stones last friday. The doctors were unable to get a laser up and around to blast the three stones, 2, 3, and 5cm stones.
    So I now have a stent in anda 2nd surgery scheduled for the 14th. Dream shattered!
    Now, we are planning 3 weeks somewhere in late Sept or early Oct if all goes well. The wife says she wants to go somewhere warm, and that is all she left me with.
    What a great 50th Birthday!!!
    Been there and done that -- I know your pain. I've had a 5mm kidney stone that was blasted away with lithotripsy, and a 2.5cm bladder stone. Not fun. Sorry you could not make it this year. I'm writing this from Rainbow point campground. The weather has been excellent, although very dry air. At Lamar and Hayden vallies we saw bison right next to the road, a black bear way in the distance, elk, turkey, cranes, and various birds and rodents. Heading to Lamar again tomorrow morning around 3:30am to see if we can find the Junctions wolves. There was a carcass they were feeding on along with a Grizzly, but I think it's all bones and hide now. Maybe we'll get lucky... which seems to be the rule here for wolves. :-) If we are really lucky, we'll find Rick out with his spotting scope -- he always knows where the wolves are. ;-)

One positive note on delaying your visit -- COVID 19 has closed down all visitor centers and museums, and masks are required in almost all other places. Hopefully next year this will all be over with.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryancass View Post
    Been there and done that -- I know your pain. I've had a 5mm kidney stone that was blasted away with lithotripsy, and a 2.5cm bladder stone. Not fun. Sorry you could not make it this year. I'm writing this from Rainbow point campground. The weather has been excellent, although very dry air. At Lamar and Hayden vallies we saw bison right next to the road, a black bear way in the distance, elk, turkey, cranes, and various birds and rodents. Heading to Lamar again tomorrow morning around 3:30am to see if we can find the Junctions wolves. There was a carcass they were feeding on along with a Grizzly, but I think it's all bones and hide now. Maybe we'll get lucky... which seems to be the rule here for wolves. :-) If we are really lucky, we'll find Rick out with his spotting scope -- he always knows where the wolves are. ;-)

One positive note on delaying your visit -- COVID 19 has closed down all visitor centers and museums, and masks are required in almost all other places. Hopefully next year this will all be over with.
    @bryancass, Maybe it is for the best. Hoping things open up soon.
    Thanks for the play by play on the wildlife, AUGH LOL!!!!!! (killing me)
    Enjoy the remainder of your trip, be safe and stay healthy.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast