Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Roseville

Hello Grand Design people,

My wife and I purchased our 2017 Solitude in March 2020, just in time for the stay home orders. We are looking forward to getting started touring the western states for our first priority. We are presently trying to decide if a solar system is needed or just depend on full hookups and maybe a small generator. Any advice would be great since we are REAL new at this!!

Cheers, Wayne

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of friendly people here who'll be able to answer your questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You two are going to love the Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome ! Going solar or not all depends on which you prefer more boondocking, national/state forest camping or Parks with hook ups. We have a small solar system (100 watts) but our needs are few, we don't watch tv while camping or use other high energy items other than the furnace occasionally.
    We also have a small Generator but don't always take it.

Which Solitude did you get ? Are you in MI or a different Roseville ?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pam&wayne View Post
    Hello Grand Design people,

My wife and I purchased our 2017 Solitude in March 2020, just in time for the stay home orders. We are looking forward to getting started touring the western states for our first priority. We are presently trying to decide if a solar system is needed or just depend on full hookups and maybe a small generator. Any advice would be great since we are REAL new at this!!

Cheers, Wayne
    Good Morning and welcome. I assume Roseville, Ca? ....since you mentioned Western States.

This is a great forum!
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning, we are in Roseville, California. Thanks for your reply. We have the 2017 Solitude 310GK. We probably won't do much Boondocking but on occasion we run into places with no hookups. It would be nice to have some capability for those occasions. Our Solitude came with one 12 volt battery and we have already run it down way past 50% so it's probably sustained damage. I'm leaning towards a battery bank of either 6 volt golf cart batteries or the very expensive lithium type. We would carry a small 2000 watt generator for some charging capability. This lock down we're in gives us some time to fix the trailer the way we want it for the future. Hope you all are well and have a great summer. If you get out west please let us know.

All the best
    Wayne

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning, we are in Roseville, California. Thanks for your reply. We have the 2017 Solitude 310GK. We probably won't do much Boondocking but on occasion we run into places with no hookups. It would be nice to have some capability for those occasions. Our Solitude came with one 12 volt battery and we have already run it down way past 50% so it's probably sustained damage. I'm leaning towards a battery bank of either 6 volt golf cart batteries or the very expensive lithium type. We would carry a small 2000 watt generator for some charging capability. This lock down we're in gives us some time to fix the trailer the way we want it for the future. Hope you all are well and have a great summer. If you get out west please let us know.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcom to the forum. Wife and I are not owners..YET. we are also in the sac area and eventually are looking at a solitude 310GK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi were in Roseville calif also and new to 5th wheeling. Im in west Roseville near Junction and Woodcreek. where are you guys?
    Mike 73 and retired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast