Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaking transcend

Hello all, my first post.
    My name is Chris and I live in south jersey. I bought the trailer in March of 2019 and used it 5-6 times last season. Winterized and stored in my back yard with zero trees around it 😀. Earlier in the week, I was moving my 2019 27bhs so I could mow the grass around it and saw water leaking out of the rear. It was dripping out of the membrane near the rear bumper so I cut some holes in the membrane and called my dealer ASAP.
    Now I had a problem last season with random water supply fittings loosening up and leaking small drops onto the floor. The last time was more aggravating as the rear spray down port fitting came loose from the inside and dumped a lot of water on the ground.
    Giving my situation the benefit of the doubt, I thought it was residual water from last year that was still stuck in the membrane, It is not... it’s raining now and water is still filling the membrane and running out quickly.
    The trailer only has a 1year warranty bumper to bumper, and 3 year structural. And the dealer is back logged 2-3 months. I don’t want the water getting in and molding/rotting everything. We had a forest river surveyor that leaked and softened the floor and don’t want to go down that road.
    Not sure if I should tackle this myself and take the outside rear panel down right above the bumper???

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the leaks. Best bet is to file a claim with your dealer and get a copy of the documentation showing it occurred within the first year or call GD customer service and have them document it with your file before your first year elapses.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the leaks. Best bet is to file a claim with your dealer and get a copy of the documentation showing it occurred within the first year or call GD customer service and have them document it with your file before your first year elapses.

Yep, what he said. The sooner you get it logged, the better off. I would also link it to your previous discovery. Document EVERYTHING with time stamped pictures!
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the welcome. When I called, the unpleasant human I reached said I was out of warranty... I’d have to get it inspected at $125/hr and then pay for repairs. But the soonest I could get into the service dept is 2-3 months.
    Honestly this is all bs... I shouldn’t have an issue with anything for a very long time... not sure what I should do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I forgot to mention, trailer was purchased 2-20-19 and I’m almost 2 months out of warranty. 😔

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the unpleasant human from the dealer or Grand Design? If it wasnt Grand Design, I would call them directly, if it was Grand Design, I'd call back and try to speak to someone else there. Hard to say if you should tackle it yourself without seeing pictures of where the leak is or anything like that. Personally, I try to do all work myself whenever possible, especially if I have to pay out of pocket for something.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH