Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quality Replacement Mattress

I was curious as to any opinions on where we could buy a quality, ( and I stress quality ), more firm replacement queen mattress, with the radius corners for our 305RE.
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

Gord and Janet Fuchs

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many people seem to be using their OEM mattress and adding a memory foam topper and a good mattress cover. If you need to radius the corners, it's easily done with any foam mattress with an electric knife. I think our topper is a 3" thickness.

My wife has a very bad back and most beds, other than at home, just kill her back condition. She sleeps like a baby in our trailer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I did it all over again I would invest in a Sleep Number.

mandolin57
    Yep....camping world has the RV sleep number mattress and you can get either standard or radius cut corners. we got king for our 305.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put a premium queen in our 379. Love it
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Many people seem to be using their OEM mattress and adding a memory foam topper and a good mattress cover. If you need to radius the corners, it's easily done with any foam mattress with an electric knife. I think our topper is a 3" thickness.

My wife has a very bad back and most beds, other than at home, just kill her back condition. She sleeps like a baby in our trailer.
    Do you just have the OEM mattress or did you do what you suggested to the OP?
    2015 Ford F350 SRW CrewCab SB 6.7 PSD, Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde pin box, 300w of solar
    1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps, RVN

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the OEM mattress with a 3" memory foam topper and find it very comfortable.
    Have slept on it about 40 nights and lifted the foam to see if there are depressions in the original mattress . . . there are not.
    BTW, I replaced the original "80 lb" gas struts on the under bed storage, with "120 lb" identical struts and now the bed lift stays open with the heavier topper.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    We use the OEM mattress with a 3" memory foam topper and find it very comfortable.
    Have slept on it about 40 nights and lifted the foam to see if there are depressions in the original mattress . . . there are not.
    BTW, I replaced the original "80 lb" gas struts on the under bed storage, with "120 lb" identical struts and now the bed lift stays open with the heavier topper.

Rob
    Rob, can you provide ordering info on the heavier struts?

To Gordofuchs, we chose to go with a premium residential mattress. We had it in the trailer we traded in and swapped it with the GD mattress on delivery. We ALSO have a 3" gel pad on top of that! We're a little crazy when it comes to our bed and we sleep so well in the trailer, we often sleep until 7:30 or 8 in the morning when we typically rise at least an hour earlier at home!
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bed Lift Struts . . .
    I don't have PN information, but what I did, was remove one strut and take it to the local RV parts desk. I recall that it was 20" overall length with 8" travel.
    The manufacturer's name and "80 lbs" were marked on the part . . . but I can't recall the name and am not at the RV to check. I asked the parts guy if they had stronger ones than this and he came back with two by the same manufacturer marked as "120 lbs". About $20 each.
    Removal (and replacement) was very easy. Open the lid all the way until you can feel play in the strut (no longer under any load) and pop the retaining clips off with a small screwdriver, at each end.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob. I will do the same but I was hoping I could just order them online which is one of my favorite things to do Actually a little googling and I'm certain I can find them.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS