User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    I present these facts with no conclusion. Draw your own.

• Automobile fatalities in the US - 12.28 per 100K (source NSC)
    • Heart attack fatalities in US - 10% mortality (source CDC)
    • High cholesterol morbidity - 4.5% of world population (source WHO)
    • Covid-19 mortality rate in US - .056 per 100K (source wikipedia)
    I don't know where or how you derived that last statistic but I will comment that those are lonely deaths. Because you will probably be quarantined in a hospital not able have friends or family at your side. Think about that while you weigh your options.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 04-24-2020 at 01:08 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanker24 View Post
    Why is this post on here. I see enough of this on the news. I don’t come here for this. Sorry jmho. How do u report a post
    To report a post there is a little triangle at the bottom of each post with an exclamation in it, click on that and answer the questions.

While I understand your frustration with a seemingly unrelated topic the reality is that this virus thing significantly impacts our ability to use and enjoy our RV's. Understanding why restrictions are put in place allows people to make informed decisions.

PS, you can consider this post reported, two of the admins have responded on this thread.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope there is an antigen test sooner rather than later because it would be good to know if you have some level on immunity or resistance. A short term immunity is better than nothing at all. I agree with the above also and been hearing that too. That is why all these companies are trying to attack this from many angles. With this vast think tank working on the problem, I have hope some solution will emerge. The unseen enemy is the hardest to defeat, it is not like we can take our weapons and shoot this enemy or evacuate from the path of a hurricane.

It is scary stuff, but let's all stay strong, don't quit, and be supportive of eachother...(like we have been).
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A take on all of the above from a retired health care professional (Army critical care nurse with a masters' degree): Of the causes of death in Jeff's original post, only one is a communicable disease (though the argument could be made that, with the high rate of involvement of alcohol and drugs in motor vehicle fatalities, the actions of the abusers affect the lives of others). None of the above, except the COVID-19, involve infection, transmission, immunity - herd nor individual, vaccination, etc. The sequelae of obesity - cardiovascular disease (to include stroke and heart attack), kidney disease, and other disorders - are often the results of lifestyle choices. Although poor choices that may result in the individual's illness and death, they don't affect the individual's next-door neighbor, coworkers, or others with whom they come into contact in the community. This cannot be said for a highly contagious virus with significant rates of morbidity and mortality (there's a difference in the two).

This said, I understand the economic and personal side of it, too. In our family, my wife and I only have two siblings who are not yet retired and they are both able to work from home. Among our children, one has lost her job completely and the husband of another has had his flight hours with a major airline cut back to about 1/4 his normal with a corresponding cut in pay. Even if we were able to travel to Richmond to visit my 89 y.o. mother-in-law, we would not be allowed into the retirement community.

Laura and I are extremely fortunate to be able to isolate ourselves and not worry about an income. We are wearing masks (and gloves where appropriate), picking up our groceries at curbside, and wiping everything down that comes into the rig. We understand that this is a rare privilege in total.

The bottom line is that this whole situation absolutely sucks for everyone - but worse for some than others. The guidance from John and Kathy's son's employer is sound, if not terrifying. It frightens me, though - and this is not aimed at you, Jeff, though none of the numbers you posted are the same fruit - when "numbers" (and that's all they are out of context is numbers) for mortality (deaths) or morbidity (illness) from communicable diseases such as the current pandemic are compared to other causes of death. COVID-19 is not even in the same galaxy as the other causes of death mentioned and there is no logic in trying to tie them together.

Rant over.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now answers are impossible to find or predict ... uncertainty rules the days and is scary ... any direction we take gets push back from all sides ... Risk will be there as we move forward and at some point we have to safely with guidelines in place open back up using data and science and protection ... again there will be risk ... none of what was before will be the same ... I know what to do to not catch the virus and so do you ... where we grocery shop continues to change daily and be more and more safe they have not been closed a single day ... given they can bring in daily 200,000 workers to serve the customers other businesses can begin to open ... full disclosure my wife has be working at that grocery store Publix for 35 years and I worry everyday she goes to work .... ya'll be safe ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanker24 View Post
    Why is this post on here. I see enough of this on the news. I don’t come here for this. Sorry jmho. How do u report a post
    What is posted is medical statistics, not politics. If you agree or disagree with the stats is your perogative . You are welcome to find accurate medical statistics and post the link for us.

As for you reading this , Dallas posted why this section exists. If you do not want to read it pass it by.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    What is posted is medical statistics, not politics. If you agree or disagree with the stats is your perogative . You are welcome to find accurate medical statistics and post the link for us.

As for you reading this , Dallas posted why this section exists. If you do not want to read it pass it by.
    What are posted by Jcoleman are numbers with no links to verify the source or how they were derived. That itself is troubling especially when you tell Clanker24 to do so. Clanker24 did not mention anything about it being politcal, merely expressing his supposed weariness of these "discussions" and he came here for other topics. As for Jcoleman and one or two others I believe this is done merely to troll.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    What are posted by Jcoleman are numbers with no links to verify the source or how they were derived. That itself is troubling especially when you tell Clanker24 to do so. Clanker24 did not mention anything about it being politcal, merely expressing his supposed weariness of these "discussions" and he came here for other topics. As for Jcoleman and one or two others I believe this is done merely to troll.
    I'm not really here to debate about what JC posted or not. Take the stats with a grain of salt . As far as Clanker, he understands why I said it is not political.

Weary or not everyone can turn away from these posts if they are tired of it. No one is forcing anyone else to click on a thread. Maybe a break from this section is good for the mental health of many.
    The Moderators are the only ones who "have" to read here.

I think everyone is getting overly sensitive from being inside far to long and having covid shoved down their throats at every turn. It's time to get outside and go camping. Not being able to is making people cranky.

I was at the market a few days back and had never noticed so many couples bickering in one place before like they were that day.. We all need a dose of fun!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I posted my sources, have you bothered to verify them? Try Google. it's just like magic. "mortality statistics automobile deaths", "mortality statistics heart attacks", etc. You can do it.

If by trolling, you mean that by the very nature of having an opinion that is different from yours I am somehow forcing you to participate in a conversation you don't want to have, I suggest that you exercise your right to scroll past my comments or to block me if you find me that offensive.

I, however, will continue to participate in polite discussions of ideas and facts and statistics whether they please you or not.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    I posted my sources, have you bothered to verify them? Try Google. it's just like magic. "mortality statistics automobile deaths", "mortality statistics heart attacks", etc. You can do it.

If by trolling, you mean that by the very nature of having an opinion that is different from yours I am somehow forcing you to participate in a conversation you don't want to have, I suggest that you exercise your right to scroll past my comments or to block me if you find me that offensive.

I, however, will continue to participate in polite discussions of ideas and facts and statistics whether they please you or not.
    Ok magical Google guy, I did and I'm ready for you. I pasted right from your post and came up with nothing from Wikipedia so I added that to the query (Covid-19 mortality rate in US wikipedia).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_c..._United_States
    Scroll down to the paragraph "Measuring Cases and Mortality Rates" and read the second sentence. " By April 21, the U.S. had 823,081 confirmed coronavirus cases and 45,065 deaths, giving it a mortality rate around 5.5 percent."
    To add, just watching the evening news I saw the death toll has exceeded 50,000 people. In just four days another 5000 Americans are no longer with us.
    I have no problem with you participating, politely or in vigorous debate. Condescension however is not polite discussion. What I have a problem with is bending or distorting the truth. And I still believe that post was put up as a troll attempt.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 04-24-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast