User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B&W .... Patriot 18K ... so simple ... handle is not spring loaded ... once weight is off handle opens with ease ... and when hooking up the handle closes when you back in ... put the pin in done ... what do they call it brake check ?? no need when the pin is in that's it .... later Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20191218_172825 (2).jpg   20191218_172740 (2).jpg  
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    B&W .... Patriot 18K ... so simple ... handle is not spring loaded ... once weight is off handle opens with ease ... and when hooking up the handle closes when you back in ... put the pin in done ... what do they call it brake check ?? no need when the pin is in that's it .... later Frank
    We too have this hitch albeit the 25k. We've only used it once since receiving it but that was enough to see how much easier it is to use. DH says the smooth ride towing was a complete 180 from the OEM Reese hitch we were given when we bought our 5er. Would highly recommend it.

Frank - pics look good. Wondering about the bed liner/mat you have. Care to share the info? DH may be interested in that as well.

Thanks.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The B&W Companion is great, and it's still my top choice.

We used once since we started with our Momentum, and the base for our Ram truck went in and out with (relative) ease - until I installed a TransferFlow Dual-Fuel tank in the bed. It was close enough to the hitch that you can't swing the forward latches fully in and out to lock it in. I'm selling the complete RVK3600 now - even has an unused head assembly. The first hitch B&W shipped to me was made based on ONE Ram trucks measurements, and there is a slight variance. It wouldn't drop into my truck. They told me to ship the base back and keep the head as they were re-designing it. About 2 weeks later, they shipped a complete hitch with a re-designed, adjustable base AND a head assembly. So I ended up with two heads. Just sold the used head, so the hitch has an unused one it.

We decided to go a little more "old school" and got a Pullrite #4439 adapter. It converts the pucks in the truck to a set of Industry Standard Rails, so we can use any ISR hitch. The good thing about it is that it comes out in 4 pieces, so it's easy to install and remove, and it retains the 25000 lb/6250 lb ratings the RVK3600 supported. The next step was to find a hitch with the same ratings.

B&W would have been my first choice, but they don't have an ISR hitch with those specs.

After looking at all of the options, we decided to go with a Curt A25 (#16180). It's an upgrade over the Q25, and supports the full 25000 lb/6250 lb ratings of the RVK3600. The entire hitch weighs less than the base for the RVK3600. An extra advantage is that the head removes by pulling one big pin to make it even lighter to install/remove, and it's redesigned to work more like the B&W with some improvements. I'm actually quite impressed with it.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjndsa View Post
    We too have this hitch albeit the 25k. We've only used it once since receiving it but that was enough to see how much easier it is to use. DH says the smooth ride towing was a complete 180 from the OEM Reese hitch we were given when we bought our 5er. Would highly recommend it.

Frank - pics look good. Wondering about the bed liner/mat you have. Care to share the info? DH may be interested in that as well.

Thanks.
    https://realtruck.com/p/bedrug-mat/b...oaAq6REALw_wcB
    Sure .... here it is
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 30k Mopar hitch which is made by Curt. Same design and moving parts just the name plate is different. There’s are a couple of grease fittings on mine that I grease once a year. Also make sure that the release handle is straight and not bent. The dealer adjusted the height on my hitch and must have removed the head by pulling up on the handle. They did it for free. Again nothing in life Is free. I just realigned it and put some spray lube in the handle opening. I do keep the hitch covered with the bed cover to keep clean and dry.

We have never had any issues hitching or in hitching. I always make sure that there is no pressure on the back of the jaws when we unhitch. I put the truck in reverse against the chocks, hold the truck brake, then put the truck in park and take my foot off the brake. This settles the truck and hitch. Raise the trailer a little to remove the weight off the hitch and then pull the lever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting ready to purchase the 2020 337rls. I have a 2019 Ford F250 gas crew cab 4.30 1. Do I need the airbags (AirLift loader 5000) installed 1st for height measurements, or does that matter? 2. Decided on a B&W hitch, will I need a slider with my setup at all, or will I be ok with the 20k Companion? Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really lime our A16 Curt hitch. I did notice it was getting hard to unhitch after 7 or so months. Once I shot some grease in the zerks it was perfectly smooth again. I bet you that's the problem...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnFyre View Post
    Getting ready to purchase the 2020 337rls. I have a 2019 Ford F250 gas crew cab 4.30 1. Do I need the airbags (AirLift loader 5000) installed 1st for height measurements, or does that matter? 2. Decided on a B&W hitch, will I need a slider with my setup at all, or will I be ok with the 20k Companion? Thanks
    With a f250 you'll likely need the bags. The 337 is pretty heavy on the pin (3000 lbs) On my f350 I just barely sit on the overloads so she squats a good 2.5-3'. If you have the 6..5 ' bed you'll also probably want the slider. If you have the 8' box you don't need it.

The other thing I like about the B&W with the goose neck hitch mount, the bed is flat. No rails or anything in the bed when the 5th wheel hitch is out. I needed that for my slidein camper.
    2022 F350 DRW - Lariat, LBCC, 4x4, 7.3L, 4.30 gears
    2018 Imagine 2150RB (SOLD)
    2005 Four Wheel Camper, Grandby (Slide-in Popup)
    2020 Reflection 337RLS (SOLD)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have the 16k hitch from curt....yes it has a tendancy to 'grab', but i've learned to chock the wheels and move the truck a hair and the handle pulls easily...not a big deal to me after i figured it out, but, when i get my new truck i'm definitely going to the reese goosebox so all i'll evern need in the bed of my truck will be a removeable ball, and i can tow not only my 5er, but a gooseneck trailer when needed also. Ball out...clean flat bed for other things.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast